List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/21 12:14PM, Views: 1534978, Replies: 31607
    « 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 » »| page:
    #13241   2013/07/05 04:21PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    Ari1

Quote justtwocents: I apparently have too much time on my hands tonight but...

After today's epi where Chelsea declares nothing will happen to the baby I can't help but think that...something WILL happen (as many of you have already predicted) but I think it might end up like many soap woes have over the years -- a medical issue will be the catalyst for the truth to finally be told. I'd thoroughly enjoy seeing Dullen's face when the doc informs him he's not a match -- and the thrill on Adam's when he learns the opposite.

Will the real father please stand up? I hope Chelsea is in a temporary coma if this happens so Adam will have time to calm down before she awakens.

I just hope this happens BEFORE they get married.

I just wish Adam could be there for the birth. I know the scene leak doesn't look like Adam will be there, but I can still hope. I always thought he would some how save Chelsea again and then deliver the baby. It would bring everything full circle and be rather poetic.

#13242   2013/07/05 04:41PM
    TwoOfEach

Quote Ari1:

After today's epi where Chelsea declares nothing will happen to the baby I can't help but think that...something WILL happen (as many of you have already predicted) but I think it might end up like many soap woes have over the years -- a medical issue will be the catalyst for the truth to finally be told. I'd thoroughly enjoy seeing Dullen's face when the doc informs him he's not a match -- and the thrill on Adam's when he learns the opposite.

Will the real father please stand up? I hope Chelsea is in a temporary coma if this happens so Adam will have time to calm down before she awakens.

I just wish Adam could be there for the birth. I know the scene leak doesn't look like Adam will be there, but I can still hope. I always thought he would some how save Chelsea again and then deliver the baby. It would bring everything full circle and be rather poetic.

The leaked call sheet could mean anything. We don't know for sure that the baby comes in August. Chelsea could be hurt and the twin babies could be part of a dream (either Chelsea's, Dylan's, etc). We don't know. Personally, I'm hoping that Chelsea has a lie exposing medical scare in August but carries full term delivering a week late in October (completing the cycle starting with Riley's death in October).

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/05 04:42PM
    #13243   2013/07/05 05:06PM
    justtwocents

Quote TwoOfEach:
    Quote Ari1:

The leaked call sheet could mean anything. We don't know for sure that the baby comes in August. Chelsea could be hurt and the twin babies could be part of a dream (either Chelsea's, Dylan's, etc). We don't know. Personally, I'm hoping that Chelsea has a lie exposing medical scare in August but carries full term delivering a week late in October (completing the cycle starting with Riley's death in October).

Yes, Ari! I wasn't very clear in that area. I don't want the baby to be born until Chelsea awakens/recovers but I think a little separation (like a temp coma -- although I doubt they'd do another coma scene) might help Adam cool off BEFORE the baby is born.

Great point on what the sheet could've meant.

So, everyone, will July be the Dullen show? Oh wait...it already is.

#13244   2013/07/05 05:37PM
    Ari1

I think Adam's flashback was a good sign. We all thought his speech meant something when he said it. He can't get the dream of his life with Chelsea out of his mind. He still loves her and wants her back. Meanwhile Dylan is having nightmares. There is a connection btw Adam's dreams and Dylan's nightmare.

Also seeing Dylan have a breakdown might help Chelsea understand why Adam needed to help Sharon. But another parallel is it's now Chelsea risking everything to help Dylan.

#13245   2013/07/05 08:42PM
    Chuckyducky

Just watched the U.S. edition of Y&R and if you ask me, Chelsea and Adam's scene read like the introduction of a Harlequin romance novel. Check this out:

She was coming down the stairs, carrying the 'Charity' box, when she lost her footing and fell. Luckily, he was there to catch her fall, enfolding her in his embrace while her hands gripped the left side of his arm for support. Neither looked into each other's eyes as they were both momentarily caught in the moment. His eyes stayed glued to her footing and hers remained fastened to the floor, relieved that a fall had been avoided. Time stood still for a mere few seconds before their private interlude was interrupted by an unseen audience.

When the unseen audience makes his presence known, he's revealed as her fiancé and he immediately rushes to her aid, stuffing the spilt contents from the 'Charity' box back inside. She explains that the other man, the one standing to the side and watching her closely, caught her fall but seems a little uncomfortable when the contents in the box are revealed as a special present given to her by a man who loves her still.

She notices the baby blanket, the one her rescuer had given to her to express his grief and stares at it for a second before turning towards the man standing to the side. She instinctively puts her hand on top of the blanket, almost in an attempt to shield it from her rescuer's view, but notices too late that he's seen what her hand couldn't possibly hide. It's the gift he had given to her, while stricken with grief. She looks up at him, her eyes simultaneously apologetic and in denial, and immediately makes an attempt to apologize but the rescuer stops her and says 'no, you were right. No point hanging on to the past!'

That was our CHADAM scene (that was Chelsea and Adam) and it was bittersweet, heartfelt, and beautiful. It looks like MCE and MM still got IT and they have IT in spades.

#13246   2013/07/05 09:04PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote Jonathan1993: There isolating Adam from everyone to drag this story out longer. He stuck in this crap with Melanie and victor. Boy I've seen this before get some new ideas writers. But yet there so far up dullen's A$$ that the show is tanking very quickly. The endless story lines with chadam are ridiculous but yet there up dullen's A$$ and the viewers hate this bs.

I've watched Michael Muhney work with various actors over the past few months. He's had a chance to work with actors who've played Billy, Victor, Melanie, Avery, Dylan, Nikki, Victoria, Jack, Sharon, and Chloe.

Melissa Claire Egan, on the other hand, has been relegated to bit parts and has only worked with the actors who've played Chloe, Dylan, Adam, Melanie and Anita.

Just compare the amount of scenes she's gotten over the past month and you'll see it. It isn't Adam who is being isolated in this storyline. It's actually Chelsea! Chelsea is not interacting with as many characters as she once did in the past. The time she shares with differing characters has been limited.

#13247   2013/07/05 09:07PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote Jonathan1993: The writers choose personal feelings over what the loyal viewers want.

That's interesting! What do you think their personal feelings are?

I do think they play favorites but I also think these writers are more comfortable telling a story from a man's POV, then they are from a woman's.

#13248   2013/07/05 09:23PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote justtwocents: I'm trying verrrrrryyyyyyy hard not to be upset with Chelsea's character right now. I just watched the scene with Adam seeing the blanket. If the writers are trying to make us sympathetic towards Adam, that is ONE thing they've succeeded in doing.

Someone else mentioned how we've not been allowed to see Chelsea's POV and I agree. I don't know what she's thinking or why. I don't feel as connected to her character b/c of it but I'm still Team Chadam all the way.

I would say SB has certainly stolen the spotlight since joining Y&R -- being paired w/one of the brightest and best actresses has seen him through several months and now he gets to go dark. Can we FF through his crap and get on with the REAL story -- CHADAM?????

Adam's eyes were tearing up the moment he saw Chelsea. She was a bit more tender with him but I have no idea how the writers are going to mend the many pieces they've broken.

These days, I'm relying on nonverbal communication. The dialogue isn't giving me much. Thankfully, MCE was able to communicate Chelsea's discomfort at having Adam discover she was giving away the baby blanket.

So here's what I saw. Chelsea looked like she didn't want Adam to see the blanket she had placed inside the box. She automatically placed her hand on top of it, as if she was, somehow, trying to shield it from Adam's view; and then she turned towards Adam. She looked like and sounded very apologetic. It's clear she didn't want to hurt him and that she very much still cared for him. So from that, I do get the impression her feelings for him are not quite done. She didn't come off as someone who was over her ex. It felt like she was caught doing something she'd hope to hide from him.

#13249   2013/07/05 09:33PM
    cdhg

Quote Chuckyducky: Just watched the U.S. edition of Y&R and if you ask me, Chelsea and Adam's scene read like the introduction of a Harlequin romance novel. Check this out:

She was coming down the stairs, carrying the 'Charity' box, when she lost her footing and fell. Luckily, he was there to catch her fall, enfolding her in his embrace while her hands gripped the left side of his arm for support. Neither looked into each other's eyes as they were both momentarily caught in the moment. His eyes stayed glued to her footing and hers remained fastened to the floor, relieved that a fall had been avoided. Time stood still for a mere few seconds before their private interlude was interrupted by an unseen audience.

When the unseen audience makes his presence known, he's revealed as her fiancé and he immediately rushes to her aid, stuffing the spilt contents from the 'Charity' box back inside. She explains that the other man, the one standing to the side and watching her closely, caught her fall but seems a little uncomfortable when the contents in the box are revealed as a special present given to her by a man who loves her still.

She notices the baby blanket, the one her rescuer had given to her to express his grief and stares at it for a second before turning towards the man standing to the side. She instinctively puts her hand on top of the blanket, almost in an attempt to shield it from her rescuer's view, but notices too late that he's seen what her hand couldn't possibly hide. It's the gift he had given to her, while stricken with grief. She looks up at him, her eyes simultaneously apologetic and in denial, and immediately makes an attempt to apologize but the rescuer stops her and says 'no, you were right. No point hanging on to the past!'

That was our CHADAM scene (that was Chelsea and Adam) and it was bittersweet, heartfelt, and beautiful. It looks like MCE and MM still got IT and they have IT in spades.

Great posts, and your thoughts regarding nonverbal communication are interesting. I think that these two do it very well in scenes. They use eye contact and gestures very well, but especially the eye contact. Of course, they do the emotional well too.

It really comes across as people in love IMO.

#13250   2013/07/05 09:45PM
    cdhg

It is very impressive the amount of posts being done in this thread of late. It took some time earlier going through some 20 plus pages of posts.

I enjoyed the very brief Chadam scene today. It takes us back a little to all of the those times that he caught Chelsea from falling when she was pregnant with Johnny last year. It was one of those falling moments when she found out that he could see again, and she was the first one who found that he had his sight back.

The last two Chadam scenes have been much more cordial, which is good. I enjoyed reading the posts about him being there to catch her when she falls, in regards to this storyline playing out. Even going back to last year, he did catch her when she fell, so the speak, when she fell in the lake and he rescued her later delivering her baby. That rescue was the moment he fell for Chelsea.

I also enjoyed reading the comparisons of Adam thinking back to his and Chelsea's dreams and then the parallel to Dylan and the nightmare. I thought that was an interesting point brought out in comparing the ways things could play out.

I really enjoy this thread with different people catching things in the scenes that I would not catch and think of.

« 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list