List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: If Victoria Rowell had kept her big mouth

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

If Victoria Rowell had kept her big mouth

Started by TWsoaps at 2012/04/26 06:08PM
    Latest post: 2012/04/28 02:26PM, Views: 7986, Replies: 33
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2012/04/27 09:20PM
    Re: If Victoria Rowell had kept her big mouth
    Villy89

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote Villy89:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote Villy89:
    Quote TWsoaps: First and foremost I miss the character of Drucilla Winters. I think the show suffered, when Victoria Rowell exited the show.

Soon after her departure Rowell went public with her unhappiness at the Y & R and sharing backstage drama for public consumption and she blasted the show.

Say Rowell had kept her mouth shut... and wanted to return...would Drucilla be back on the Y & R by now?

Great! Let's bash the actress for taking a stand for what she believes. I don't know about you but I won't tolerate another cast member spitting on me and I won't tolerate the obvious slant in writing and favoritism for certain actresses/characters. Go Victoria you did good.

FYI - The other cast member spit down at the floor NOT on VR. I've watched that scene several times and nothing whatsoever landed on VR. And, the person discussed it with the crew and VR before the scene was shot, from what I remember reading. Slamming and bashing fellow cast members (including JC, PB, MTS, CK, and a few others) as well as TPTB and members of the crew was not the way to go about being asked to return to the show.

FYI, I will believe VR because she had no reason to lie about what happened. VR wasn't being nasty about it, she was disgusted and disappointed because she felt the other cast member should have forewarn her. It was disgusting to attempt to spit on another, even if nothing hit VR according to the other cast member. More power to VR for standing up for what she believes in and not taking shyte from certain cast members because they have it in good with MAB. The hell with that. No one should spit on another person, that's just disrespectful and I'm safe to assume you won't like someone doing that to you. VR is wise not to return to this soap, what is there for her to return to? A soap that is unrecognizable because it's so slanted in the MS/Phyllis favor. If VR had returned to this soap, they would make her Phyllis slave and have her call Phyllis "Miss Phyllis", because that is what they have Harmony doing, like this is the old days where slaves exists. That is jmho and I'm NOT going to change my mind so u can give up because I'm entitled to that and I'm not here to go back and forth with you on this topic.

I haven't been trying to change anyone's mind. Just stating facts as I've read and heard them. But, to reiterate, the "spitting scene" was discussed with VR and the crew before it was shot. VR WAS NOT spit on in any way, shape or form. Also, it was VR's choice to leave YR. No one asked her to go. In my opinion, since she was the one who decided to leave, she should have left graciously. Instead, she has spent YEARS slamming and badmouthing her former cast mates, TPTB and others associated with the show. There is no doubt that VR is a very talented actress. I have NEVER disputed that. But, I'm afraid I just don't believe her versions of how things were on the set. And, I would like to respectfully say that, just like you, I am entitled to my voice my opinions. Have a nice night.

Y&R's Stafford on Rowell and INFAMOUS Spitting SCANDAL: "I Did a Spit Take"
    By Jamey Giddens on April 21, 2010
    Tags:

Young and Restless
    Michelle Stafford
    Victoria Rowell
    daytimeconfidential.com

comments

In a blockbuster new interview with Young and Restless star Michelle Stafford, TV Guide Canada's Nelson Branco gets Stafford's side of the now infamous spitting scandal, that former Y&R actress Victoria Rowell first went public about on the Daytime Confidential iTunes podcast in 2008.

TVG: In an interview with daytimeconfidential.com, Victoria claimed that you purposely spit on her face during a scene.
    MS: I did a spit take in a scene. Do you know what a spit take is?

TVG: As a gay man, I may have a different definition than you [laughs]! Explain.

MS: It happens when you have water in your mouth and you spit it out after someone says something shocking to you. Before we taped the scene, I told everyone that I thought Phyllis should do a spit take at the moment where Drucilla said something shocking. Everyone agreed. Unfortunately, some of the spit got in her face. Technically, I guess I did spit on her, but it’s not true that I did it on purpose. That’s what happened. You can ask the director. I saw Vicki recently and we had a pleasant talk about my daughter. Before I left the show I even picked her brain about adopting. I valued her knowledge because of her history [with the foster care system]. Listen, I really consider ourselves friends. It’s hurtful to me that she would say anything bad about me now. I don’t understand it because I thought we were OK. She’s a fantastic actress. I loved working with her. There was one point I didn’t like so much, but overall, I thought we worked really well together. If I didn’t like Victoria, I’d probably not go on the record about this and just issue a no comment. Usually no comment means, “Oh, I have a big comment [laughs]!

Sigh, considering Dru vs. Phyllis almost dethrones the good, old days of Kay vs. Jill as my all-time favorite Y&R rivalry, I wish everybody could just put on their Sunday best, catch the Holy Ghost, kiss, make up and pass the collection plate. Then maybe I could get a Y&R that is halfway enjoyable again— complete with only one set of evil twins at a time and black characters I actually give two poots about— but then, I am also still holding out for that N'Snyc reunion CD...bye bye bye, indeed.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to keep reading my advance copy of Rowell's scorching-hot novel Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva to find out how fictional heroine Calysta Jeffries reacts if and when Emmy Abernathy— her rival on and off the set of the hit soap, The Rich and the Ruthless— spits on Calysta during a scene. Don't worry, you'll all get the chance to find out for yourselves when the raunchy roman a' clef into the steamy and skeevy world of daytime dramas hits bookstores May

I found this and posted it. Here she admit to it. VR said that everyone was told about the spit take but she didn't know about it until it happen and that's why she was angry about it. It's gross and VR has every right to say it.

#22   2012/04/27 09:26PM
    Villy89

This IS VR version of what happen and I believe her because it makes sense. It's sad VR had to work under these circumstances because the other cast member was NOT being professional. But we believe what we and the MS fans will never admit or believe anyone other than MS. If VR did this to MS, I am the first to say how disgusting that is.

Rowell on the spit-take: “During the scene, as Dru is about to tell Phyllis she’s her boss, Michelle elected to freely pick up the mug, fill her mouth with water, and spew the contents therein on me. You could hear a pin drop on the set. No one moved. Dead silence. Michelle began laughing hysterically and couldn’t stop. In fact, Michelle ruined the tag of the scene because it was supposed to end on her but she couldn’t refrain from laughing. Finally, the director said, “Stop tape!” I looked into the blackness of the theatre and the stage and asked if anyone had a blow dryer because let’s not forget we still had additional scenes to film. No one had a blow dryer. Had the “spit take” been cleared with anyone, don’t you think there would have been something to dry me off with? So, I had to excuse myself from the set to dry myself off. Michelle screamed at me, “You have to stay wet for continuity.” I continued to climb the stairs and finally dried myself off. When I returned, Michelle was gone. When she twirled back on the set, she was hysterically out of control. She wasn’t laughing this time but she was hysterical with [former co-executive producer Ed Scott] following behind her saying, “Just finish the scene, Michelle. Michelle looked at me, and said to me, “You are a freak and no one here likes you.” I responded, “Are you ready to run lines? We have another scene to do.”

#23   2012/04/27 09:41PM
    HOT PINK

Quote Villy89:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote Villy89:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote Villy89:
    Quote TWsoaps: First and foremost I miss the character of Drucilla Winters. I think the show suffered, when Victoria Rowell exited the show.

Soon after her departure Rowell went public with her unhappiness at the Y & R and sharing backstage drama for public consumption and she blasted the show.

Say Rowell had kept her mouth shut... and wanted to return...would Drucilla be back on the Y & R by now?

Great! Let's bash the actress for taking a stand for what she believes. I don't know about you but I won't tolerate another cast member spitting on me and I won't tolerate the obvious slant in writing and favoritism for certain actresses/characters. Go Victoria you did good.

FYI - The other cast member spit down at the floor NOT on VR. I've watched that scene several times and nothing whatsoever landed on VR. And, the person discussed it with the crew and VR before the scene was shot, from what I remember reading. Slamming and bashing fellow cast members (including JC, PB, MTS, CK, and a few others) as well as TPTB and members of the crew was not the way to go about being asked to return to the show.

FYI, I will believe VR because she had no reason to lie about what happened. VR wasn't being nasty about it, she was disgusted and disappointed because she felt the other cast member should have forewarn her. It was disgusting to attempt to spit on another, even if nothing hit VR according to the other cast member. More power to VR for standing up for what she believes in and not taking shyte from certain cast members because they have it in good with MAB. The hell with that. No one should spit on another person, that's just disrespectful and I'm safe to assume you won't like someone doing that to you. VR is wise not to return to this soap, what is there for her to return to? A soap that is unrecognizable because it's so slanted in the MS/Phyllis favor. If VR had returned to this soap, they would make her Phyllis slave and have her call Phyllis "Miss Phyllis", because that is what they have Harmony doing, like this is the old days where slaves exists. That is jmho and I'm NOT going to change my mind so u can give up because I'm entitled to that and I'm not here to go back and forth with you on this topic.

I haven't been trying to change anyone's mind. Just stating facts as I've read and heard them. But, to reiterate, the "spitting scene" was discussed with VR and the crew before it was shot. VR WAS NOT spit on in any way, shape or form. Also, it was VR's choice to leave YR. No one asked her to go. In my opinion, since she was the one who decided to leave, she should have left graciously. Instead, she has spent YEARS slamming and badmouthing her former cast mates, TPTB and others associated with the show. There is no doubt that VR is a very talented actress. I have NEVER disputed that. But, I'm afraid I just don't believe her versions of how things were on the set. And, I would like to respectfully say that, just like you, I am entitled to my voice my opinions. Have a nice night.

Y&R's Stafford on Rowell and INFAMOUS Spitting SCANDAL: "I Did a Spit Take"
    By Jamey Giddens on April 21, 2010
    Tags:

Young and Restless
    Michelle Stafford
    Victoria Rowell
    daytimeconfidential.com

comments

In a blockbuster new interview with Young and Restless star Michelle Stafford, TV Guide Canada's Nelson Branco gets Stafford's side of the now infamous spitting scandal, that former Y&R actress Victoria Rowell first went public about on the Daytime Confidential iTunes podcast in 2008.

TVG: In an interview with daytimeconfidential.com, Victoria claimed that you purposely spit on her face during a scene.
    MS: I did a spit take in a scene. Do you know what a spit take is?

TVG: As a gay man, I may have a different definition than you [laughs]! Explain.

MS: It happens when you have water in your mouth and you spit it out after someone says something shocking to you. Before we taped the scene, I told everyone that I thought Phyllis should do a spit take at the moment where Drucilla said something shocking. Everyone agreed. Unfortunately, some of the spit got in her face. Technically, I guess I did spit on her, but it’s not true that I did it on purpose. That’s what happened. You can ask the director. I saw Vicki recently and we had a pleasant talk about my daughter. Before I left the show I even picked her brain about adopting. I valued her knowledge because of her history [with the foster care system]. Listen, I really consider ourselves friends. It’s hurtful to me that she would say anything bad about me now. I don’t understand it because I thought we were OK. She’s a fantastic actress. I loved working with her. There was one point I didn’t like so much, but overall, I thought we worked really well together. If I didn’t like Victoria, I’d probably not go on the record about this and just issue a no comment. Usually no comment means, “Oh, I have a big comment [laughs]!

Sigh, considering Dru vs. Phyllis almost dethrones the good, old days of Kay vs. Jill as my all-time favorite Y&R rivalry, I wish everybody could just put on their Sunday best, catch the Holy Ghost, kiss, make up and pass the collection plate. Then maybe I could get a Y&R that is halfway enjoyable again— complete with only one set of evil twins at a time and black characters I actually give two poots about— but then, I am also still holding out for that N'Snyc reunion CD...bye bye bye, indeed.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to keep reading my advance copy of Rowell's scorching-hot novel Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva to find out how fictional heroine Calysta Jeffries reacts if and when Emmy Abernathy— her rival on and off the set of the hit soap, The Rich and the Ruthless— spits on Calysta during a scene. Don't worry, you'll all get the chance to find out for yourselves when the raunchy roman a' clef into the steamy and skeevy world of daytime dramas hits bookstores May

I found this and posted it. Here she admit to it. VR said that everyone was told about the spit take but she didn't know about it until it happen and that's why she was angry about it. It's gross and VR has every right to say it.

I haven't read this, so thanks for posting it. I stand corrected regarding the spitting scene. But, I didn't see anything land on VR when I watched it. Maybe because the quality of the clip I saw was poor. Yes, VR had a right to be upset and tell what happened. But, MS did say it was not intentional, and I believe her. Unfortunately, I believe VR has burned her bridges with YR. Quite honestly, in my opinion, it's time for her to let go of the past and go forward with her life in a positive manner. That said, speaking from personal experience, I know it can be a very hard thing to do. Thanks again for sharing that article.

#24   2012/04/27 10:19PM
    Imagination2012

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote Villy89:

Congrats, It is foolish for a former employee to air dirty laundry of the company she,or he work for in public.I understand that Victoria Rowell had issues with her cast members and crew , but that does not give her the right to trash her former co-workers and bosses. People who work in the Daytime Drama genre should show restraint and professionalism while dealing conflicts, bad decisions-making, unfair treatment favoritism, issues with bosses and co-workers. Sad about Victoria Rowell, hope she had healed and is not bitter at her bosses ,or co-workers.

#25   2012/04/28 04:30AM
    HeyMon

THe 'spitting incident' will never be solved. Round and round and round and round. Don't even know why VR brought it up after she was gone.

#26   2012/04/28 04:37AM
    HeyMon

True. What Dru fans should be upset about is that Rowell said what she said about 'the spitting incident'. She basically barred herself from coming back as long as Michelle Stafford is on the Show.

Complaning about a lack diversity at Y&R and CBS is okay in my book. But the 'spitting event' was out of line.

#27   2012/04/28 05:08AM
    Squish

Quote HeyMon: THe 'spitting incident' will never be solved. Round and round and round and round. Don't even know why VR brought it up after she was gone.

I don't know why it took her two years to "quit" and another few after that to discuss it. It's not like that is the only issue she's ranted about regarding her time at Y&R and the trials and tribulations she endured as the martyr she is painting so quite honestly I buy her version as quickly as I run to the bank to secure a loan for oceanfront property in Arizona.

#28   2012/04/28 02:12PM
    HeyMon

Funny about 'spit takes'. I was just watching a gag reel for another show (an NBC non-drama show), and everybody who was speaking had to perform a 'spit take'. Wow! The 4 actresses/actors performing it, pulled out towels next to them, and spit into them. Disgusting.

After seeing it, I am pretty much now convinced that Victoria Rowell was exaggerating about Michelle Stafford.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list