List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Will Adult Kyle be first major gay character?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Will Adult Kyle be first major gay character?

Started by Jim and Terrie at 2012/04/10 04:00PM
    Latest post: 2012/06/19 07:57AM, Views: 7327, Replies: 64
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #11   2012/04/10 06:05PM
    Re: Will Adult Kyle be first major gay character?
    Not Elvis

Quote Jim and Terrie: With the newly adult Kyle Abbott joining the story line soon is there a chance he will be the first major gay character on Y and R.

With ratings stagnant it may be a good way to bring in a new fan base and boost ratings.

I know they had Rafe and the phony affair with Adam. Maybe it's time to move Genoa City into 2012 with a real gay relationship

That would make things more interesting. Hey, maybe Kyle can be the first guy into bestiality or zoophillia!

#12   2012/04/10 07:02PM
    janesBydiction

As much as I would be fine with a storyline like that, I know that there would be tons of people who would up and change the channel if a gay love scene were to come on Y&R.

The Y&R demographics are much older than say the Glee demographics. That probably has a lot to do with the fact the we never saw Rafe and Adam get it on.

#13   2012/04/10 08:00PM
    Jim and Terrie

Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote summerz: I don't think so. The storylines with Rafe and Phillip were a flop.

What storylines? There weren't any legitimate storylines surrounding their homosexuality except Adam using Rafe to hide his gas lighting scheme and Phillip using his homosexuality to excuse him faking his death.

I would be curious to see the reaction if TPTB wrote a real storyline for a gay couple.

It would certainly be at least interesting to see how they would write character reactions. I think that in 2012 it's time that Y and R tackled the subject many of us have evolved into accepting. Unfortunately they would make it like the Alcoholic characters that flip flop back and forth between drinking and sobriety. One month they would be gay - the next month not gay.

#14   2012/04/10 08:04PM
    LilMonkey84

Quote Jim and Terrie:
    Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote summerz: I don't think so. The storylines with Rafe and Phillip were a flop.

What storylines? There weren't any legitimate storylines surrounding their homosexuality except Adam using Rafe to hide his gas lighting scheme and Phillip using his homosexuality to excuse him faking his death.

I would be curious to see the reaction if TPTB wrote a real storyline for a gay couple.

It would certainly be at least interesting to see how they would write character reactions. I think that in 2012 it's time that Y and R tackled the subject many of us have evolved into accepting. Unfortunately they would make it like the Alcoholic characters that flip flop back and forth between drinking and sobriety. One month they would be gay - the next month not gay.

You're probably right in that the writers wouldn't do the story justice, but I still think that gay people should be represented on Y&R. Like you said, it's 2012! Gay people are part of the world around us and there is nothing wrong with it. Why shouldn't they also be apart of the microcosm that is GC?

#15   2012/04/11 05:41AM
    HeyMon

I'm straight, and I'm ready for it. Although I think that he should be a bi, and that way they can still pair him with a woman when they need to.

#16   2012/04/11 06:48AM
    raindrop

I hope this never happens ! I would hate to have to find something else to watch on my lunch break!

#17   2012/04/11 07:19AM
    mswadel

Quote raindrop: I hope this never happens ! I would hate to have to find something else to watch on my lunch break!

I agree with this post. When they did the 'Nuke' story on ATWT it was part of the downfall of this once great soap. Luke and Noah were young and gay and thankfully they didn't show too much that would have been embarrassing to some of us older viewers. We know times have changed but is it really for the better to embrace all these unnatural relationships? And to bring it into the living rooms of America with summer vacations coming soon?

#18   2012/04/11 08:26AM
    LilMonkey84

Quote mswadel:
    Quote raindrop: I hope this never happens ! I would hate to have to find something else to watch on my lunch break!

I agree with this post. When they did the 'Nuke' story on ATWT it was part of the downfall of this once great soap. Luke and Noah were young and gay and thankfully they didn't show too much that would have been embarrassing to some of us older viewers. We know times have changed but is it really for the better to embrace all these unnatural relationships? And to bring it into the living rooms of America with summer vacations coming soon?

Unnatural? Wow! People are who they are, what is unnatural about that?

#19   2012/04/11 08:33AM
    lovinthesoaps

Considering there are no other major gay characters on Y&R I dont see them heading in that direction anytime soon. I think his focus is going to be on Nikki, for killing his mother and Jack for cuddling up to her. I also think he may have a grudge for Victor as well. He trashed Diane just as much if not more than Jack. I think he is going to be interesting, maybe more like Adam's return.

#20   2012/04/11 08:56AM
    Georgia rain

I hope this doesn't happen.. I have stopped watching Days of our Lives because of the gay storyline.. I don't want to watch it on TV.. The ratings are already bad..

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list