List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Can you believe Y &R has lost 700,000 viewers

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Can you believe Y &R has lost 700,000 viewers

Started by TWsoaps at 2012/03/29 08:36PM
    Latest post: 2012/04/02 05:08PM, Views: 4659, Replies: 97
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #1   2012/03/29 08:36PM
    Can you believe Y &R has lost 700,000 viewers
    TWsoaps

I've read in several soap publications that Y & R is hemorrhaging viewers at an alarming rate. Since January 2012, the show lost 700,000 viewers.

I seriously hope CBS takes action and a regime change (MAB) is made. The show is sometimes unrecognizable. So sad.

Is it too late to fix, save the show or has the damage been done? Is the Y&R toast in 2014? If MAB can't fix the show who can?

#2   2012/03/29 09:27PM
    Re: Can you believe Y &R has lost 700,000 viewers
    hopey pix

I can't believe they lost so many viewers!I feel very worried for them now!!I don't see how they can go anymore cut-crazy than they have!And they are making absolutely zero changes in the way they write!!The crazy wedding show just reeks of their lack of caring!!I hope they aren't bringing this show down on purpose!Do we really need another talk or game show?NO!!!

#3   2012/03/29 09:33PM
    Ktkatz10

Quote TWsoaps: I've read in several soap publications that Y & R is hemorrhaging viewers at an alarming rate. Since January 2012, the show lost 700,000 viewers.

I seriously hope CBS takes action and a regime change (MAB) is made. The show is sometimes unrecognizable. So sad.

Is it too late to fix, save the show or has the damage been done? Is the Y&R toast in 2014? If MAB can't fix the show who can?

Yes I can. The s/l of Diane Jenkins murder took so long to be solved it was ridiculous. The s /l of Sharon & Skye took forever. Daisy suddenly gets out of jail & gets Lucy-----no child protective services involved & she gets a nice apt, & hires a lawyer but while she was in jail she couldn't afford one. Then some lame explanation about inheriting from her aunt. Kevin & Angelina-----Angelina couldn't carry a tune in a bucket & then suddenly she can sing----Adam had lost a lot of his vision but he did more than most sighted people-----then he lost all of his vision & then suddenly he can see-----Patty has been in & out of mental hospitals with relative ease. Newman gets the exclusive Japanese deal with no products. I could go on & on but the writing on this show is so bad it is almost indescribable. It will go the way of OLTL, AMC, GL, ATWT.

#4   2012/03/29 09:40PM
    Backstreet

Quote TWsoaps: I've read in several soap publications that Y & R is hemorrhaging viewers at an alarming rate. Since January 2012, the show lost 700,000 viewers.

I absolutely can believe it and frankly, if they do this stupid storyline about Phyllis 20 years ago, they are going to loose 700,000 more fans. The writing for this show is horrible and it isn't like we wait for stories anymore. There aren't any. This was the cleanest soap on daytime for so many years. It was full of romance, intrigue, drama and real stories that made sense and has continuity and substance. Americans love a good story but they won't stand for being taken for fools. Y&R has lost its soul. It has lost its respectablity and far worse, it has lost its ability to be set apart from the rest. Now, it is just a daytime show to pass the time if there is nothing else to do. If they have any chance of saving this show, they need to overhaul thier writing department and I mean toot sweet!

#5   2012/03/29 09:47PM
    Dshafky2

If people would stop bitching and moaning and watching you tube clips instead of the actual show it wouldn't be losing so many viewers. One person doesn't like something about the show that day and it seems that dozens who might actually have enjoyed it shy away from watching assuming they wont like it either. And yea the writing could be better, yada yada yada. Frankly it's not that bad. Just like all soaps good days and bad days. Been that way for years. I think negative posting in some instances has just become a habit.

#6   2012/03/29 09:58PM
    pink kiity

If they are like me and they worked and they tape the soap to watch it laters i tape my soap to watch it laters

#7   2012/03/29 10:03PM
    tifa

Quote Dshafky2: If people would stop bitching and moaning and watching you tube clips instead of the actual show it wouldn't be losing so many viewers. One person doesn't like something about the show that day and it seems that dozens who might actually have enjoyed it shy away from watching assuming they wont like it either. And yea the writing could be better, yada yada yada. Frankly it's not that bad. Just like all soaps good days and bad days. Been that way for years. I think negative posting in some instances has just become a habit.

I disagree.

I watch shows that are good.

People told me they didn't like "dexter", a graphic show on Showtime. I watched it and loved it!

With YR: you have bad characters and bad storylines like Daisy, Kevin/Chloe double wedding that made 0 sense. And Angelina walking around talking like a chipmunk. That IMO, is not good television and the loss of 700,000 viewrs proves that it's not good enough to watch. Otherwise, people would be watching.

#8   2012/03/29 10:04PM
    Dshafky2

DVR recording is cool. As long as it plays through it counts as a viewer. I do the same.

#9   2012/03/29 10:05PM
    tifa

This is what janey Giddens wrote in his blog as a daytime confidential editor:

"The other big story for the week was all about that blasted Angelina (Diana DeGarmo) person. This singing show-eater walked around, still sounding like the chipmunk Maria once made Greg Rikaart dress up like, because somebody obviously thinks that mess is cute. It ain't. Angelina realized Kevin still loved Chloe (Liz Hendrickson); while Lauren (Tracey Bregman) continued to live in fear of Daisy (Yvonne Zima). This is what The Young and the Restless has become."

#10   2012/03/29 10:13PM
    Dshafky2

Tifa... That is my point you gave Dexter a chance and you liked it. Granted it's a single focus show where as with soaps they are trying to weave an ensemble cast into the mix. There will be story lines that some like and others don't. The writing for soaps in their prime wasnt that much better. It's just that it seems our expectations have changed or fans are fans of maybe one actor and if they aren't always front and center then to them the show sucks. If you watched back in the 80's and early 90's there were stupid plots like Casey the alien on GH and Marlenas possession on Days but the shows still flourished.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list