List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Internet rumor Y&R cancelled...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Internet rumor Y&R cancelled...

Started by nanasnadu at 2012/01/13 01:09PM
    Latest post: 2012/01/14 05:50AM, Views: 9069, Replies: 26
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2012/01/13 05:58PM
    Re: Internet rumor Y&R cancelled...
    CdnMama

Don't think Y&R will be cancelled at all. It is the ONLY soap to watch, and always has been. Is every single storyline a fave? No but the majority of them are!! I have complained about the Sharon/Adam pairing but that is it, other than that this has and always will be my favorite show. I can't think of any other soap that has such continued to hold it's audiences attention with all it's storylines over the years. Y&R has always captured the awards and has the best acting of any soap ever made. In my opinion, we will see Days of Our Lives cancelled before Y&R contract is up and when Y&R contract is up it will be renewed because this show has the ratings and the fan support and it is a hit, always has been always will be the best soap on the air. I wouldn't believe any rumor about Y&R, IMO there are other soaps that would be gone way before Y&R's quality soap.

#22   2012/01/13 06:12PM
    S-jae

Quote nanasnadu: Rumors are circulating that Y & R will be cancelled in 2014. Hope that's not true. but..it wouldn't surpise me in the least, the shotty writing and unhappy viewers, plus thousands of posts on here doing nothing but complaining about the show....I can see it happening before 2020 at the very longest. I think by that year, no daytime soap will be on the air. Sigh.

Let's hope this is just a rumour....Agreed, Y & R has seen better days but I'd be really sad to see it end

#23   2012/01/13 06:19PM
    Sylviastel

I don't think CBS will renew the show's contract. It's too expensive in the first place. Look at ABC for example. Read Kim Zimmer and Susan Lucci's biographies that include their shows being canceled. If Susan Lucci can lose her job, so can the rest of the soap world. I see Days is probably going soon with it's lousy writing. I've been watching soaps for 30 years and it's never been so bad to watch. Now there are only 4 soaps (3.5 hours on the air). ABC is probably going to cancel GH. NBC has been wanting to unload Days for years. CBS is in the same position. The ratings have fallen. Y&R is unrecognizable to the older fans and it's laughable with it's poor writing. Yes, I watch it to escape but I have plenty of other choices to watch as well. This show is not improving. AFter all SOap Digest has called it' The most disappointing soap of the year in 2011. Y&R's contract's up in 2014 and I think it's the end of the show as we know it. Too bad, Oprah didn't take up the cause. I think the soaps have to become more like British soaps in realism and half-hours. I wouldn't mind watch them at night instead of those dumb tabloid shows. I think the viewers would increase. But Y&R is heading for disaster at this rate, I remember when Hope and Victor were together. Too bad, they killed her off, Colleen, even Brad, Diane, and so many others as well. I think the cast and crew are thinking of their options if the ratings keep going. Sorry I'm so pessimistic but it's reality and the end of an era. My heart goes out to Agnes Nixon and Lee Phillip Bell who are still alive to watch the end of an era.

#24   2012/01/13 06:25PM
    yandrfanx_

Don't think Y&R will be cancelled at all either and I don't even think B&B will be cancelled either.

#25   2012/01/13 10:38PM
    CdnMama

Quote Sylviastel: I don't think CBS will renew the show's contract. It's too expensive in the first place. Look at ABC for example. Read Kim Zimmer and Susan Lucci's biographies that include their shows being canceled. If Susan Lucci can lose her job, so can the rest of the soap world. I see Days is probably going soon with it's lousy writing. I've been watching soaps for 30 years and it's never been so bad to watch. Now there are only 4 soaps (3.5 hours on the air). ABC is probably going to cancel GH. NBC has been wanting to unload Days for years. CBS is in the same position. The ratings have fallen. Y&R is unrecognizable to the older fans and it's laughable with it's poor writing. Yes, I watch it to escape but I have plenty of other choices to watch as well. This show is not improving. AFter all SOap Digest has called it' The most disappointing soap of the year in 2011. Y&R's contract's up in 2014 and I think it's the end of the show as we know it. Too bad, Oprah didn't take up the cause. I think the soaps have to become more like British soaps in realism and half-hours. I wouldn't mind watch them at night instead of those dumb tabloid shows. I think the viewers would increase. But Y&R is heading for disaster at this rate, I remember when Hope and Victor were together. Too bad, they killed her off, Colleen, even Brad, Diane, and so many others as well. I think the cast and crew are thinking of their options if the ratings keep going. Sorry I'm so pessimistic but it's reality and the end of an era. My heart goes out to Agnes Nixon and Lee Phillip Bell who are still alive to watch the end of an era.

I too have been watching soaps a long time, over 20 years. I have seen Another World and Passions both get cancelled. I've never watched All My Children or others. My two soaps have always been Young and Restless and Days of Our Lives. Young and the Restless is my favorite, and it's the only soap I watch now. I tried watching Days again, and that's the soap that is laughable with the writing. I have to shake my head and wonder what they are thinking on that show. They must know the end is near for that show. I've seen soaps go and they went out on their last legs. I can see Days being cancelled. But not Y&R! The two do not compare. And this is coming from a longtime fan of Days as well. There is no denying that soaps are hitting hard times. But I think Y&R can weather some hits in ratings (the show is still number one soap in ratings) and if we fans continue to watch and support the show it should stay on top. I'm sure there's been enough feedback that the writers will stay away from the repeating storylines of 2011.
    As for your comment about Soap Opera Digest headline: In my opinion, Soap Digest must have put that out there only because Y&R sets the bar so high for soaps and that yes, there have been a few repeating storylines this year. That would be the only reason for them to say that about our soap. The writing, and especially the acting, on Y&R is incomparable. This show truly is the only soap to watch. It will be on the air long after Days and B&B and GH have said their goodbyes. Why? Because it is and always has been the best of the soaps. Y&R is the only soap worth watching. Your idea about moving soaps to nights is an interesting one. Let's hope that our show never gets cancelled!!

#26   2012/01/14 03:45AM
    pink kiity

i totally agree what richalan saids i dont think it will be cancelled i have been enjoying young and restless and the storylines and the story on the soap all except betty boop, its all been good to me but betty boop needs to go

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/01/14 03:46AM
    #27   2012/01/14 05:50AM
    SweetAlexandria

First off the only soap I saw on the news being spoken of that was cancelled that people/fans are upset about is "One Life To Live" and that was yesterday but that was announced a long time ago but I guess their feeling the pain now.

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list