List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What happened to Phyllis

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What happened to Phyllis

Started by mdtuttle at 2011/09/10 07:04AM
    Latest post: 2011/09/10 07:58PM, Views: 9298, Replies: 64
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #51   2011/09/10 06:04PM
    Re: What happened to Phyllis
    dawn888

Quote Enchanted:
    Quote Oopsy:
    Quote dawn888: Why would phyllis lose it if nick let Avery see summer?? she carries their last name and summer is Averys niece.

Because she does not want her past to be any part of her life now. Avery included and Nick knows this. It would be wrong.

It sure would be, that's her call and her call alone.

I suppose its her call, however I don't get why she's cutting out Avery, hopefully we'll find out soon. Avery was probably 10 or so when phyllis left. She must have thought of Avery over the years, if she suffered abuse, she must have wondered what happened to the sister she left behind.

#52   2011/09/10 06:30PM
    gommie

After seeing the episode, finally- I am convinced that whatever phyllis' secret is -it is something that has her running scared-a lot of stuff going on there that she wants to keep hidden- hard to imagine that it has to do with molestation, unless maybe she falsely accused a male family member and it came back to bite her on the rear????If she were molested it is hard to imagine that at this age she has not realized that if she was molested as a child it was not her fault-- and I still think that whatever it was from her past-somehow it is tied in with her hatred for Sharon today- however misplaced it might be??

#53   2011/09/10 07:10PM
    yandrfan99

Quote Sapora:
    Quote dawn888:
    Quote Who writes this stuf: Don't forget the writing team. Phyllis is a writer favorite. I don't think it is anything that is going to vilify her. If anything, it would prop her up and further redeem her. She did some pretty crappy things in the past, some downright illegal. Whatever this secret is, it is going to explain her past in a way that people will have compassion and understanding.

I think so too, phyllis will survive this, and will get alot of sympathy, they will justify her behaviour by saying she was abused or something, same as they did with Kevin.

You both could be right. The writers love Phyllis so they might want everyone to feel sorry for her "terrible past" Phyllis will be redeemed, and all her sins forgiven.

As far as I am concerned Phyllis will never be redeemed until she pays like she made Sharon pay for her mistakes. This woman has hurt too many people for too long and gotten away with it.

#54   2011/09/10 07:35PM
    mdtuttle

Quote dawn888:
    Quote mdtuttle:
    Quote gemsy:
    Quote mdtuttle:
    Quote spooner: Yes Phyllis said there was no abuse so I don't think that's what it is. She seems to feel very guilty and ashamed. Just a thought, maybe they had another sibling and some how they died because of something Phyllis did (unintentionally) or something happened to someone and she was blamed....

Like I said Phyllois could well have been lying about that to Micheal. She has obviously been lying for years to try and hide the truth. However you raise an interesting point too. There could have been something that happened, an accident that might have involved the death or injury of a family memeber and Phyllis may have been resposible, or at least thought to be resposible and she ran away.

If it was sexual abuse, then I think Phyllis would lie about it. She is deeply ashamed of what happened to her, even if it wasn't her fault. I have read that is the way victims of sexual abuse feel.

That is true, many times when a woman has been abused she feels like somehow it is her fault or she should be ashamed. This is of course not right, but it is the conditioning the under go during the abuse that many times makes them feel that way.

The storyline is interesting and I want to see how the writers are going to explain it. She is a vicious woman, so that must come from her upbringing yet she abuses people just as bad as she has been abused and there is no excuse for it so will it be a pity party for phyllis or not?? It won't change who Phyllis is, I fully expect after this storyline that she will continue bullying people as she always has. Whatever happens Phyllis will come out of this storyline no worse for wear. She is the writers favorite.

Phyllis can be a royal witch, but she has her good points too. For instance she did not have to tell Nick and Sharon about Faith being their child when she discovered the truth. Nor sis she have to spend all the time she did trying to find evidence to clear Sharon's name. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to make Phyllis out to be a saint, she has done some pretty rotten things too like taking Lucy away from Billy and Victoria. I'm just saying she is not completely one dimensional or all bad like some people think.

#55   2011/09/10 07:36PM
    mdtuttle

Quote Soapsta:
    Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote yandrfan99:
    Quote mdtuttle: I want to know what happened to
    Phyllis that was so horrible that she felt the need to lie about her entire past. My best gues was she was sexually abused by a father or a stepfather but none of the family believed her so she ran away. Then maybe when she left the unwated attention was turned on Avery and Phyllis feels the burden of guilt and shame. Not only for what happened to her, but maybe because she feels like she placed her sister in danger by leaving. Kind of like the guilt Micheal feels over leaving Kevin behind all those years ago.

It can't be sexual abuse because Phyllis told Michael it was not physical abuse. As for Avery she doesn't seem to be burdened with guilt or shame. She seems to be very hurt that her big sister walked away from her and never looked back. Now Phyllis on the other hand wants to hide something and she does feel guilt and shame. She is so scared that she doesn't want Nick to find out about it. We shall see if it turns out to be something big or as I fear just a pity Phyllis s/l.

IMO, it won't be something that happened TO phyl, i think it will be something phyl DID...

I also think it has something to do with why avery told phyl she defends the INNOCENT...

i think phyl accused someone of something heinous when they were innocent and then something terrible happened to them thus "phyl bringing shame to the family" and phyl telling avery "she is not THAT person anymore",,

or else we are just in for another of phyls pity parties whereby everyone pats her on the head and tells her no, she's not a horrible person , nick will boink her on the desk or stairways and make everything right in her world again...

I totally agree. It's probably something she did and got away with. Like when she tried to kill Cricket and Paul by running them down. I don't think they ever found out?

Phyllis does have more than one skeleton in her clost so I suppose it could be something like that.

#56   2011/09/10 07:38PM
    mdtuttle

Quote gemsy: I think MAB is going to rewrite several things regarding Phyllis. Nick is really caught in the middle not only because of Phyllis but also Summer. Would he let Avery see Summer? Phyllis will lose it!

I guess whether or not Summer gets to know her aunt will depend on what the big secret is

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list