List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What happened to Phyllis

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What happened to Phyllis

Started by mdtuttle at 2011/09/10 07:04AM
    Latest post: 2011/09/10 07:58PM, Views: 10051, Replies: 64
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #1   2011/09/10 07:04AM
    What happened to Phyllis
    mdtuttle

I want to know what happened to
    Phyllis that was so horrible that she felt the need to lie about her entire past. My best gues was she was sexually abused by a father or a stepfather but none of the family believed her so she ran away. Then maybe when she left the unwated attention was turned on Avery and Phyllis feels the burden of guilt and shame. Not only for what happened to her, but maybe because she feels like she placed her sister in danger by leaving. Kind of like the guilt Micheal feels over leaving Kevin behind all those years ago.

#2   2011/09/10 07:10AM
    Re: What happened to Phyllis
    yandrfan99

Quote mdtuttle: I want to know what happened to
    Phyllis that was so horrible that she felt the need to lie about her entire past. My best gues was she was sexually abused by a father or a stepfather but none of the family believed her so she ran away. Then maybe when she left the unwated attention was turned on Avery and Phyllis feels the burden of guilt and shame. Not only for what happened to her, but maybe because she feels like she placed her sister in danger by leaving. Kind of like the guilt Micheal feels over leaving Kevin behind all those years ago.

It can't be sexual abuse because Phyllis told Michael it was not physical abuse. As for Avery she doesn't seem to be burdened with guilt or shame. She seems to be very hurt that her big sister walked away from her and never looked back. Now Phyllis on the other hand wants to hide something and she does feel guilt and shame. She is so scared that she doesn't want Nick to find out about it. We shall see if it turns out to be something big or as I fear just a pity Phyllis s/l.

#3   2011/09/10 07:24AM
    spooner

Yes Phyllis said there was no abuse so I don't think that's what it is. She seems to feel very guilty and ashamed. Just a thought, maybe they had another sibling and some how they died because of something Phyllis did (unintentionally) or something happened to someone and she was blamed....

#4   2011/09/10 07:26AM
    valleycliffe

Quote yandrfan99:

It can't be sexual abuse because Phyllis told Michael it was not physical abuse. As for Avery she doesn't seem to be burdened with guilt or shame. She seems to be very hurt that her big sister walked away from her and never looked back. Now Phyllis on the other hand wants to hide something and she does feel guilt and shame. She is so scared that she doesn't want Nick to find out about it. We shall see if it turns out to be something big or as I fear just a pity Phyllis s/l.

IMO, it won't be something that happened TO phyl, i think it will be something phyl DID...

I also think it has something to do with why avery told phyl she defends the INNOCENT...

i think phyl accused someone of something heinous when they were innocent and then something terrible happened to them thus "phyl bringing shame to the family" and phyl telling avery "she is not THAT person anymore",,

or else we are just in for another of phyls pity parties whereby everyone pats her on the head and tells her no, she's not a horrible person , nick will boink her on the desk or stairways and make everything right in her world again...

#5   2011/09/10 07:50AM
    mdtuttle

Quote yandrfan99:

As far as her saying to Micheal there was no physical abuse, she could be telling the truth. On the other hand she could be telling yet another lie just to get Micheal to drop it and not persue her past any further. If she admitted that there had been abuse Micheal would not let it rest he would be one her to get hteraly and keep pushing untill eventually the truth came out and Phyllis knows this. As far as Avery feeling guilt that was not what I meant to convey. I meant that Phyllis, if she was abused would feel guilt and shame for leaving her little sister in a dangerous situation.

#6   2011/09/10 07:52AM
    Who writes t...

Don't forget the writing team. Phyllis is a writer favorite. I don't think it is anything that is going to vilify her. If anything, it would prop her up and further redeem her. She did some pretty crappy things in the past, some downright illegal. Whatever this secret is, it is going to explain her past in a way that people will have compassion and understanding.

#7   2011/09/10 07:52AM
    mdtuttle

Quote spooner: Yes Phyllis said there was no abuse so I don't think that's what it is. She seems to feel very guilty and ashamed. Just a thought, maybe they had another sibling and some how they died because of something Phyllis did (unintentionally) or something happened to someone and she was blamed....

Like I said Phyllois could well have been lying about that to Micheal. She has obviously been lying for years to try and hide the truth. However you raise an interesting point too. There could have been something that happened, an accident that might have involved the death or injury of a family memeber and Phyllis may have been resposible, or at least thought to be resposible and she ran away.

#8   2011/09/10 07:54AM
    mdtuttle

Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote yandrfan99:

IMO, it won't be something that happened TO phyl, i think it will be something phyl DID...

I also think it has something to do with why avery told phyl she defends the INNOCENT...

i think phyl accused someone of something heinous when they were innocent and then something terrible happened to them thus "phyl bringing shame to the family" and phyl telling avery "she is not THAT person anymore",,

or else we are just in for another of phyls pity parties whereby everyone pats her on the head and tells her no, she's not a horrible person , nick will boink her on the desk or stairways and make everything right in her world again...

I will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I just hope the don't drag it out for months

#9   2011/09/10 07:56AM
    dawn888

Quote Who writes this stuf: Don't forget the writing team. Phyllis is a writer favorite. I don't think it is anything that is going to vilify her. If anything, it would prop her up and further redeem her. She did some pretty crappy things in the past, some downright illegal. Whatever this secret is, it is going to explain her past in a way that people will have compassion and understanding.

I think so too, phyllis will survive this, and will get alot of sympathy, they will justify her behaviour by saying she was abused or something, same as they did with Kevin.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list