List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Is Kevin Gay?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is Kevin Gay?

Started by deceived at 2011/08/12 09:38AM
    Latest post: 2011/08/15 05:02AM, Views: 8048, Replies: 52
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #31   2011/08/12 04:38PM
    Re: Is Kevin Gay?
    deceived

Quote clicquot1:
    Quote simscb:
    Quote Pipo: I have thought Kevin needed to come out of the closet for years. He is as gay as they come.

These three characters are gay in REAL LIFE:
    Michael, Kevin and Ronan.

I really think you mean to say the actors who portray the characters are gay not that the characters are gay in real life. I knew about two of the actors but not the third but I think there are probably many actors who are gay but are closeted for the sake of their careers. Many people don't seem to have a problem when a straight actor plays gay for pay so why do some have a problem when a gay actor plays straight or leading man? Not saying you are just a question to throw out there.

I don't really care one way or the other.

Kevin, the character is not gay and tptb have never even shown him to be questioning his sexuality.

I didn't know about Kevin in real life... but I remember Rock Hudson, when he came out of the closet he lost a lot of fans...gay men cannot play straight men, but straight men can play gay men... weird huh???

#32   2011/08/12 05:20PM
    Lucy3

I like Kevin and would like to see him get the perfect girl for him. I didn't think Jana was the one and I surely didn't think that Chloe was. Keep looking Kev!

#33   2011/08/12 05:23PM
    Wombat44

Quote clicquot1:
    Quote simscb:
    Quote Pipo: I have thought Kevin needed to come out of the closet for years. He is as gay as they come.

I really think you mean to say the actors who portray the characters are gay not that the characters are gay in real life. I knew about two of the actors but not the third but I think there are probably many actors who are gay but are closeted for the sake of their careers. Many people don't seem to have a problem when a straight actor plays gay for pay so why do some have a problem when a gay actor plays straight or leading man? Not saying you are just a question to throw out there.

Kevin, the character is not gay and tptb have never even shown him to be questioning his sexuality.

I've never seen him question his sexuality...but he has questioned his species...for a while there he thought he was a chipmunk.

#34   2011/08/12 06:51PM
    Racingmom14

Quote Wombat44:
    Quote clicquot1:
    Quote simscb:

I've never seen him question his sexuality...but he has questioned his species...for a while there he thought he was a chipmunk.

LOL I haven't laughed on here in awhile.
    I always thought the character of Daniel was wrong, but funny when I see that actor in another show I don't think he seems gay. I don't see that it makes a difference as long as whatever they are playing it is believable. The Chipmunk not so much!

#35   2011/08/12 07:35PM
    Eppy

Maybe it's just me, but I think an actor's sexual orientation and announcing it publically is a very bad decision. That is a decision left entirely up to the individual in question. I definitely felt Kevin and Jana had a very sweet and unique relationship - I hated that MAB decided to screw it up with such a dreadful ending storyline. At the same time, I felt Kevin and Chloe were mismatched. They made great friends, but romantic couple, no way. She had too many boyfriend personal baggage issues to be that into Kevin. He should have seen that coming a long time ago. At least he can leave her to bask in the glow of Billy and Ronan - who knows, maybe Nick?

#36   2011/08/13 01:07PM
    bethany2

YES. Why not write a gay storyline for him?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/08/13 01:08PM
    #37   2011/08/13 01:12PM
    FL senior fan

Quote calliope: No.

-------------
    NO, not yet anyway. It would be a good storyline though since he and Chloe broke up...Kevin/Rafe?
    I always like Kevin and Jana; writers messed up on Jana.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/08/13 01:13PM
    #38   2011/08/13 01:31PM
    grammapam

Who realy cares,I mean really?
    Gay or straight,black or white,fat or thin...its all good.It is what it is.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list