List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Your favorite storyline from years past.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Your favorite storyline from years past.

Started by Lilyedrose at 2011/08/07 12:15PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/12 08:49PM, Views: 1740, Replies: 23
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2011/08/07 03:00PM
    Re: Your favorite storyline from years past.
    lovinthesoaps

Y&R has had some really great stories. I loved the Tricia, Ryan, Nina triangle. That chick was crazy!!! I also liked the Brittany, Bobby and Nikki storyline. I think that the only time I have ever liked Nikki, lol.

I had a first time love with Nick and Sharon. Those two falling in love throughout all that drama with Matt Clarke and Nikki... and then adopting Cassie.

I loved Colleen and JT. Those two were a great couple at such a young age and always treated eachother with respect even when it went bad. I loved those two.

I have to include my Adam and Sharon in the mix. I loved seeing Adam and Sharon when they fell in love. I wanted the deed of switching babies to be forgotten when I saw the chemistry of these two. I am still not convinced that my couple is over for good but falling in love with them was easy.

I agree, GREAT thread!

#12   2011/08/07 03:34PM
    HOT PINK

There are so many storylines that I have loved over the years. I loved the early days of the show when the Brooks and Foster's were the two main families. Snapper Foster (played by William Gray Espy) was dating Chris Brooks while seeing Sally McGuire on the side (talk about having your cake and eating it, too). I loved the romance between Leslie Brooks and Lance Prentiss who made beautiful music together (quite literally). Leslie (Janice Lynde) was a concert pianist and singer, and Lance (John McCook) sang beautifully as well. Lauralee Brooks was a scheming witch who always seemed to want whatever her sister had. She had a boyfriend Jed (played by Tom Selleck) who was in love with her; but, she wanted Lance instead (always wondered what was wrong with that girl!).

The stories in the "olden" days were so poignant and dramatic. You felt what the characters' were feeling, cried when they cried, and laughed when they laughed. Those early days of the show were just awesome!

#13   2011/08/07 09:15PM
    Gramma2five

Quote lynnw: My favorite s/l was the Bobby/Brittany one. I too, have always hoped that he's in witness protection.

I also liked the one involving Casandra Rawling,Brad, Paul and Victor.

Lots of other good ones but I think those two top it for me.

Lynn, The story with Cassandra Rawlins and Paul was one of my very fav's as well.
    One other was when crazy Sean was after Lauren and he kidnapped her and buried her alive. She was married to Paul and was pregnant and lost the baby. Some very dramatic scenes and I loved how Paul and I believe it was Andy saved her.
    Also agree with others when Grace brought Cassie to Nick and Sharon...loved that whole story with Tony, Grace, Alice , and what was her grandma's name? Cassie sure loved her.
    Going back further loved the story with Jack/Jill and Lindsy Wells. When John and Jill were married and Jack and Jill slept together at the Abbott cabin(wow that cabin has been around for years)and Lindsy Wells sent John a picture of Jack and Jill together and John had a heart attack.
    There are so many...hard to remember.

#14   2011/08/08 03:15AM
    SweetAlexandria

Leslie Brooks and Lance, she was a great Pianist

Chris Brooks and Snapper

Victor and Nikki in the beginning and then when she was having bad Anxiety.

Malcolm and Keisha

Daniel and Lily falling in love after Kevin

David Kimble storyline

JT and Colleen (LF only)

Colleen (AL only) and Adrian

Cassandra Rawlins Storyline

Lily's Paternity Storyline

Paul poses nude for Playgirl and Lauren sends the pic herself.

Bobby Marcino storyline.

Brad and the Reliquary he was a Hero.

Brad and Ashley storyline when Victor called Ashley and she lost her baby because there was a company war (she got in her car to get to GC car accident and the baby died ). John decked Victor for calling Ashley (knowing how she was and would want to stop it.)when Olivia said no work.

Ashley and Steven Lassitor met after her breakdown and married but he died. Actually killed.

Lauren entered a nude pic of Paul in contest which then went into a magazine.

Lauren (I believe she was married to Scott Grainger) losing baby Dylan it was horrible but she played so well.

Lauren and Michael get married. Lauren and her Anxiety/Phobia's do to Sheila and Daisy.

Cassie when she passed away not because she died but how the Acting was done with Sharon and Nick.

Heather (VB) and Adam (CE)but more into the relationship.

Victoria (Amelia's only good scene) firing Sharon from Newman Cosmetics.

Brad letting Phyllis know what a piece of crap she was before he died, loved how he got under her skin.

John trying to save Gloria from Tom Fisher.

Katherine and Jill mother daughter story line.

Jill and Larry, Jill and Ji Min

Jack and Phyllis married.

Jack delivering Summer in the elevator.

There is so much more, too many to list

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2011/08/08 03:23AM
    #15   2011/08/08 07:16AM
    annal

one of my favorites that i can remember but i havent been watching as long as some of you out there have.it will be 6 years in oct.anyways i really liked when jana before she went crazy got kidnapped and kevin was looking for her.jana was better with kevin then kevin with chloe.

#16   2011/08/08 07:48AM
    Hispanic at ...

I started watching when Sharon and Nick were in high school and I liked them and Matt and Amy, til Matt went nutso!!

Loved the Glow by Jabot summer s/l's with Billy Mac Raul and Brittany, I loved Brit and Bobby too! Those were some fun stories.

And I love everything Adam especially since MM took over!

#17   2013/12/19 09:21PM
    Embrace

Quote lovinthesoaps: Y&R has had some really great stories. I loved the Tricia, Ryan, Nina triangle. That chick was crazy!!! I also liked the Brittany, Bobby and Nikki storyline. I think that the only time I have ever liked Nikki, lol.

I had a first time love with Nick and Sharon. Those two falling in love throughout all that drama with Matt Clarke and Nikki... and then adopting Cassie.

I loved Colleen and JT. Those two were a great couple at such a young age and always treated eachother with respect even when it went bad. I loved those two.

I have to include my Adam and Sharon in the mix. I loved seeing Adam and Sharon when they fell in love. I wanted the deed of switching babies to be forgotten when I saw the chemistry of these two. I am still not convinced that my couple is over for good but falling in love with them was easy.

I agree, GREAT thread!

Wow! You matched many of my thoughts!
    Some of mine are:
    When Cassie died...The acting with Nick and Sharon characters were so touching and real. I was boo hoo crying when she flat lined in that hospital bed!

Trisha being obsessed with Ryan and shooting him at their wedding.

Diane framing Phyllis for burning down the house.

Sharon / Nick / Matt Clark

Isabella trying to kill Christine in the bathtub!

And EVERY THING SHADAM! AMAZING CHEMISTRY!

#18   2013/12/19 09:26PM
    Embrace

Brad saving Noah's life and getting trapped under the ice! That visual still messes with me till this day!

Brad and Sharon getting caught in the car kissing!

Drucilla falling off the cliff!

#19   2013/12/19 09:32PM
    Embrace

"Cane" getting shot outside the church, the day of their wedding, and dying in Lily's arms!

#20   2013/12/19 09:39PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Wow, you peeps have covered the best.. I started at the end of the Foster family..

I loved all that has been mentioned....plus

I loved when Victor got robbed and met Hope..beautiful love story. I always hoped they would bring the character of Hope back..

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list