List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Your favorite storyline from years past.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Your favorite storyline from years past.

Started by Lilyedrose at 2011/08/07 12:15PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/12 08:49PM, Views: 1650, Replies: 23
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2011/08/07 12:15PM
    Your favorite storyline from years past.
    Lilyedrose

I went on youtube today to find a clip of Francesco Quinn to post in YandR forever's thread about his passing, and then starting watching old Y&R clips, and thought this might be a fun thread. My favorite storyline was from 1979, and although there are only two clips of it on youtube, one an audio clip, and the other a very short swiggly clip,(I guess this is because VCR's and video cameras were not widely owned back then), it was my absolute favorite storyline. It was when Katherine was in love with a hairdresser named Dereck, and so was Jill. When his crazy wife, Suzanne returns to town she is determined to get Dereck back. Dereck has made a deal with Katherine to marry her for one year, and recieve a payout, and a new salon. So he marries Katherine instead of Jill. Suzanne drugs some candies that she gives to Katherine, and Katherine hallucinates and winds up stabbing Suzanne. Katherine is sent to a mental hospital where her roomamte starts a fire in the room, and the roommate dies, and Katherine escapes, but everyone believes Katherine is dead. Dereck inherits the entire Chancellor fourtune and estate. First Katherine comes back to haunt Suzanne and drive her crazy, and after doing this, on the day that Jill is to marry Dereck at the Chancellor estate, Katherine shows up at the front door. It was my all time favorite storyline. Do you have one? Or remember this storyline?

#2   2011/08/07 12:25PM
    Re: Your favorite storyline from years past.
    chancegirl

Wow, this is a hard one! Cassie's adoption was one of my favs.

JT/Colleen was another.

I enjoyed all the teen summer s/l's growing up...Sharon, Nick, Matt, Amy

JT, Billy, Brittany, Mac, Raul, Rhianna

Lily, Colleen, Sierra

And I also liked when JT had the affair w/ Brittany' mom and Brittany and Bobby's love story...that is one couple I really would love to see come back. I know Bobby supposedly died, but I always hoped he was in WPP.

#3   2011/08/07 12:25PM
    BobbiSox

Hey Lily-Great topic for discussion on a week-end! I think one of my favorite story lines was when Brock helped Mrs. C with her alcoholism. I loved Brock, and his strength and prayer helped her beat the bottle. Then he fell in love with Jill, and married her under the moonlight. But actually, there were so many good stories way back then, it's hard to pick just one.

#4   2011/08/07 12:53PM
    Lilyedrose

Quote BobbiSox: Hey Lily-Great topic for discussion on a week-end! I think one of my favorite story lines was when Brock helped Mrs. C with her alcoholism. I loved Brock, and his strength and prayer helped her beat the bottle. Then he fell in love with Jill, and married her under the moonlight. But actually, there were so many good stories way back then, it's hard to pick just one.

Thanks, I thought it would be fun. Wasn't Brock already married, and Katherine had him marry Jill to keep him away from Phillip? I always thought Y&R's best years were the first ten, or maybe it's just nostalgia?

#5   2011/08/07 12:55PM
    Lilyedrose

Quote chancegirl: Wow, this is a hard one! Cassie's adoption was one of my favs.

JT/Colleen was another.

I enjoyed all the teen summer s/l's growing up...Sharon, Nick, Matt, Amy

JT, Billy, Brittany, Mac, Raul, Rhianna

Lily, Colleen, Sierra

And I also liked when JT had the affair w/ Brittany' mom and Brittany and Bobby's love story...that is one couple I really would love to see come back. I know Bobby supposedly died, but I always hoped he was in WPP.

I liked Raul too. My favorite teen story was Mac and Billy, and when katherine wound up homeless, and met Mac at the homeless shelter, neither knowing they were related.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/08/07 12:56PM
    #6   2011/08/07 01:17PM
    BobbiSox

Quote Lilyedrose:
    Quote BobbiSox: Hey Lily-Great topic for discussion on a week-end! I think one of my favorite story lines was when Brock helped Mrs. C with her alcoholism. I loved Brock, and his strength and prayer helped her beat the bottle. Then he fell in love with Jill, and married her under the moonlight. But actually, there were so many good stories way back then, it's hard to pick just one.

Thanks, I thought it would be fun. Wasn't Brock already married, and Katherine had him marry Jill to keep him away from Phillip? I always thought Y&R's best years were the first ten, or maybe it's just nostalgia?

You are probably right about that. I just have forgotten how that came about.

#7   2011/08/07 01:19PM
    dawn888

Grace/Tony finding Cassie and her adoption by Nick and Sharon. I loved that entire storyline.

#8   2011/08/07 01:55PM
    lynnw

My favorite s/l was the Bobby/Brittany one. I too, have always hoped that he's in witness protection.

I also liked the one involving Casandra Rawling,Brad, Paul and Victor.

Lots of other good ones but I think those two top it for me.

#9   2011/08/07 02:35PM
    noony6

I checked out some youtube clip last night that reminded me of a ton of great s/ls from the past!

I remember the s/l when Drucilla had 1st started modeling & she got tangled up with a client that wanted to use her for a dirty movie. She tried to leave & they drugged her. Then Nina & Christine tracked her down & they got taken into it too. Then Danny & Neil showed up to help them, & a huge fight insued with all of them in skanky lingere LOL Then as soon as they had everything under control, Paul & Nathan busted in to "save the day". It was hilarious!!

Any s/ls revolving around Cassie/Nick/Sharon were of course always my favorite as well!

Another great one was the David Kimble s/ls! He was tricking Nina into marriage to get her Chancellor fortune, and he tried to kill her,Danny & Christine at that masquerade ball, but his assistant switched his gun with blanks. Then of course he tried to come back & ended up eventually getting crushed in the trash compactor They reallly wrapped stories up back then!

#10   2011/08/07 02:43PM
    chancegirl

Quote noony6: I checked out some youtube clip last night that reminded me of a ton of great s/ls from the past!

I remember the s/l when Drucilla had 1st started modeling & she got tangled up with a client that wanted to use her for a dirty movie. She tried to leave & they drugged her. Then Nina & Christine tracked her down & they got taken into it too. Then Danny & Neil showed up to help them, & a huge fight insued with all of them in skanky lingere LOL Then as soon as they had everything under control, Paul & Nathan busted in to "save the day". It was hilarious!!

Any s/ls revolving around Cassie/Nick/Sharon were of course always my favorite as well!

Another great one was the David Kimble s/ls! He was tricking Nina into marriage to get her Chancellor fortune, and he tried to kill her,Danny & Christine at that masquerade ball, but his assistant switched his gun with blanks. Then of course he tried to come back & ended up eventually getting crushed in the trash compactor They reallly wrapped stories up back then!

Noony...Yes, I remember both of those...when David went to get plastic surgery for a new face the bandages were unwrapped and it said killer.

I loved so many s/l's w/ Dru and the Winters from back in the day...when Dru first came on and met Neil...she was in love w/ Nathan and Neil w/ Olivia.

Do you remember when Vicky posed nude...or when she and Nina were fighting over Ryan? And Nina bought him a car to win his affection...LOL..yes those were good days!

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list