List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: ANTHONY HERRERA--JAMES STENBECK-- ATWT--SAD NEWS

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

ANTHONY HERRERA--JAMES STENBECK-- ATWT--SAD NEWS

Started by abey at 2011/06/30 06:51AM
    Latest post: 2011/07/04 11:00PM, Views: 4166, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2011/06/30 05:49PM
    Re: ANTHONY HERRERA--JAMES STENBECK-- ATWT--SAD NEWS
    indyfan51

Yes, this is sad news. I'm sorry for his family's loss. I remember how I loved to 'hate' 'James Stenbeck'.

#22   2011/06/30 06:22PM
    trixie60

So sorry to hear about this great actor. I do remember him and my husband liked the soap when he was on it too. Especially when Roger Thorpe was on the show too. We used to watch it together. I never knew his real name. I hope that his family can heal from his loss. He will be missed by many.

#23   2011/06/30 06:37PM
    HOT PINK

I had a feeling something was wrong when he stopped posting on Facebook. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He was fantastic as James Stenbeck. He will be sorely missed. My condolences and sympathy go out to his family and friends.

#24   2011/06/30 09:09PM
    ShiningStar82

Quote abey: Anthony, who played James Stenbeck in As The World Turns for many years died of cancer at the age of 67. Apparently, he has battled the desease for many years, even while on the show.

I know this is a Y&R board, but I thought some were fans of this soap and be interested.

Oh how sad. I knew he had battled cancer for awhile though. He was an incredible actor. Much love and thoughts go out to his family and friends.

#25   2011/07/01 03:39AM
    SweetAlexandria

Anthony Herrera was brilliant as James Stenbeck.

I only watched for certain storylines ATWT which one was with Paul, Rosanna and James.

I didn't watch for any other storylines after that.

God Bless him, his famly and many fans.

I'm sad he suffered from such a terrible illness.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2011/07/01 03:40AM
    #26   2011/07/02 11:21PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

In my opinion, James and Roger were the very BEST Villains EVER on any Soap... brilliantly played by both actors. but they played them like a true Villain... they were not romatic leads... nor twisted.. nor a psycho... but characters that people could truly hate for being the master of being a cunning manipulator.

Adams has not even begun to walk in their foot steps... because MAB can't make her up mind for him to be a Villain or a romantic lead for Sharon. She has not learned, they cannot be both...

Yesssss I knew he was suffering from cancer for a long time... BRILLIANT, FANTASTIC ACTOR... SO WAS ROGER.....

Sad news!!!!,,,

#27   2011/07/03 02:32PM
    maryann54

Quote abey: Anthony, who played James Stenbeck in As The World Turns for many years died of cancer at the age of 67. Apparently, he has battled the desease for many years, even while on the show.

I know this is a Y&R board, but I thought some were fans of this soap and be interested.

This is indeed very sad news. Thank you for passing it on. I may be mistaken, but didn't he have a role on Y&R way back when the show first started? I'm thinking he was married to Peggy Brooks and was not a very good husband? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

#28   2011/07/03 04:01PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I don't remember him being on Y&R, but according to Wikipedia, he was.. they have known to be wrong from time to time.....but here is the info:

From the fall of 1975 to 1977, he played Jack Curtis, a college professor who cheated on his wife, driving her to obesity, on The Young and the Restless.

#29   2011/07/03 06:16PM
    maryann54

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I don't remember him being on Y&R, but according to Wikipedia, he was.. they have known to be wrong from time to time.....but here is the info:

From the fall of 1975 to 1977, he played Jack Curtis, a college professor who cheated on his wife, driving her to obesity, on The Young and the Restless.

I don't recollect the storyline, but I know he was an abusive husband! But I remember Laurie Brooks who married Lance Prentiss, Chris Brooks who married Snapper Foster, I can't remember the sister's name but she was a concert pianist married to a dr., and then there was Peg Brooks who married the character that Anthony Herrera played, I believe you are right, that his name was Jack Curtis.

#30   2011/07/03 07:03PM
    CBSoapKing

Herrera was in a category all by himself when it came to playing the villain. I knew some time ago he'd been battling cancer. He gave us some great entertainment and he was giving of his time and heart to other great causes to promote humanity. We lost a good one folks, May God bless and may he RIP.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list