List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Is anyone else happy about Maura West leaving Y&R?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is anyone else happy about Maura West leaving Y&R?

Started by nomoreshickpleasegod at 2011/05/27 11:16AM
    Latest post: 2011/05/30 03:13PM, Views: 3925, Replies: 29
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2011/05/30 04:05AM
    Re: Is anyone else happy about Maura West leaving Y&R?
    The-Ratt

Quote HappyAndy: I liked BOTH the PREVIOUS Dianes..She wasnt a good fit and WHY the show didnt age kyle is beyond me. Hooking her up with Nick showed they ran out of ideas for her..

ITA with your post. I am not unhappy she is going. She added nothing to the show. The writers didn't have a clue what to do with her and they made her so skanky.

#22   2011/05/30 05:21AM
    deceived

I wonder if MAB purposely tried to destroy Maura West... she did her job the best of anyone on the show... I loved her role...
    But MAB had her sleeping around, slinking around corners, spying, etc... all in a bad light... I wonder if MAB tried to destroy her.... if so,, MAB won't be around much longer...

#23   2011/05/30 05:24AM
    grammapam

We have been through a few 'Diannes'.My own personal feeling is that MW did the best job.She plays 'cunning' very well and I'll be sorry to see her go.
    It did take me quite a while to warm up to her,but I think where she is in this s/l right now is great.I'll miss her.Too bad,imo.

#24   2011/05/30 06:16AM
    Elley

Mine either... She actually annoys me.... Especially when she "pukers" those mambo lips!! Ugh.... good riddens!

#25   2011/05/30 06:21AM
    GreatPic

I did not like her as Diane they had her being to mousy for me. She looked like she was scared or beat down all the time. Maybe if she had stood up strait squared her shoulders and spoke up when someone said something to her it would have been better. The one good thing is she was kind to Adam and she knew how much he loved Sharon. I hated the fact that most of the time she was standing behind some one like Victor. It was easy for her to mouth others when she was standing behind Victor. But let me say I believe the writers wrote her that way. They wanted to show that she had changed and even though she was a better person the not so good people of GC still treated her like she said the gunk on the bottom of their shoes. All because of her past. That is just what she told Adam. And she said that is the same way they treat Adam no matter how much he has changed they still treat him like crap because of the past.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/05/30 06:22AM
    #26   2011/05/30 06:48AM
    sasusan014

Very sorry to see Maura go, but, she was miscast. I feel she was to young to be Diane. She should have come on as Diane's sister; maybe Diane had died and she got custody of Kyle....I personally would have liked her with Nick, but, not as Diane. I liked that Nick was moving past his usual flip-flop's!

#27   2011/05/30 07:13AM
    Jainay

Yes I am happy.They never should have bought her back. The Diane story lines is over. The writers need to get rid of some more of the sorry story lines.

#28   2011/05/30 07:14AM
    YR Viewer

In his last interview providing summer previews, Scott Hamner referenced the S/L involving Adam/Diane/Victor. He referenced that it would be a great S/L and, interestingly, it was really a "tribute to Diane." At the time I read it, I wondered what the "Diane tribute" was all about....now, I guess we understand.

I do not think they will bring back the character of Diane. The "Diane tribute" suggests a finale for the character as well as the actress. Of course, TPTB are entitled to change their minds -- an entitlement they fairly over-abuse.

As for MW, I will miss her. She represented to me a "classic dayatime soup opera star" -- a bit overdramatic perhaps, but that is how they are directed -- she continually brought character, cunning and interest to her scenes.

I will enjoy her last S/L, and I am happy for her that she will be working with MM and EB, two of the finest -- a true tribute to Maura West, as well as "Diane."

#29   2011/05/30 02:54PM
    leprecaun28

I never really understood why they brought Diane back anyway, kind of a waste of a storyline....
    Nick is at least 10 years younger than Diane anyway.

#30   2011/05/30 03:13PM
    dwebster

No - I never knew the two other Dianes but I just think Maura is the best actress and if TPTB gave her more of a chance she would prove she has more talent in her little finger than most have in their entire bodies.

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list