List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/21 08:30AM, Views: 290760, Replies: 11181
    « 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 » »| page:
    #9201   2013/01/19 07:05AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    grammylove

Good Morning - just popping in to say hello & check on Blue's baby boy. My time isn't my own now, so I have had to wean myself away from Y&R & friends on the message board.
    I am missing reading all the personal stuff & "Blue's News". Also miss the friendship, yummy food & drink always to be found in the Clubhouse. Everybody be well; Blue do let me know when baby comes. ♥

#9202   2013/01/19 07:15AM
    deceived

HEY!! THX for the replies, and ideas... would love a recipe for potato salad...we use mesquite wood, we have quite a few mesquite trees on our land, it makes a difference in taste... then, we are unimaginative in side dishes besides fahitas, we have rice and beans, guacamole, salsa. So any ideas for different bar-b-q sauce sounds good...Corona beer with lime sounds better...LOL corn salad sounds great also... THX again...

#9203   2013/01/19 12:33PM
    Blue 501

Quote grammylove: Good Morning - just popping in to say hello & check on Blue's baby boy. My time isn't my own now, so I have had to wean myself away from Y&R & friends on the message board.
    I am missing reading all the personal stuff & "Blue's News". Also miss the friendship, yummy food & drink always to be found in the Clubhouse. Everybody be well; Blue do let me know when baby comes. ♥

Hi Grammy! I was just thinking about you. I meant to mention you in the shout out. I took my daughter to La Leche League this morning. They are very friendly & helpful & will be a good resource for her if she has any difficulty with breast feeding. Then we shopped again for a fleecy little hat for the baby to wear home & found one. He has not dropped yet so we probably have at least 2 more weeks. He is due on my father's birthday and the final concensus (I think) is that he will be named for my father. Dad's middle name was Wiley & that will be the baby's first name. It goes back thru various generations of maternal great-uncles to at least the late 1700's, the earliest that I have traced being Wiley N. Tindale. I am wondering if that was originally Tyndale or Tyndall. There was a person by that name who was one of the early translators of the bible (& was executed for it). Religious fervor must be in the DNA. One of Wiley Tindale's family, Furnifold Tindale, migrated to Utah, where he was killed by the Indians while working in his field. The Mormons have a lot of information on eastern NC families who became Mormons. I should ask them if they know of any connection. My Mormon cousins say there WAS no Mormon church until the mid to late 1800's but I know of several people from Eastern NC who pulled up stakes & headed for Spanish Fork, Utah way before that. And they did so after hearing a traveling group preach in NC. The son of one from my community became a Patriarch, with 3 wives & a couple of dozen children . They started out living in a hole in the ground until they could build a house & barn. The father was kicked in the head by a horse & died & his wife & daughter did not fare well either but the son became very prominent, I think. He died in that Mormon conclave in Mexico. I think it is the same place Mitt Romney's father (or grandfather?) was born.

#9204   2013/01/19 12:36PM
    Blue 501

Quote Calypso:
    Quote Blue 501: Good morning. A shoutout to our missing friends: Lucy, Wombie, CM-still in Florida, and others who do not feel like posting for a while.
    We had snow. The whole yard is swamped. At least I have a paved driveway on my side so the cars do not sink into the morass. And V's house is on higher ground. When we have a real gully washer, it flows from the garage to the ditches like a trout stream, carrying pebbles with it.
    How about a hearty breakfast? Buttermilk pancakes with blueberries this morning, a smidgen of bacon (for those who indulge), soy sausage (for those who do not), D'Anjou pears, sliced & slathered with sour cream & cinnamon. Piping hot Ugandan Bugilu coffee & a pot of Czar Nicholas II tea. I would like to go back to bed now but I need to go tend to the cats for my daughter & deal with more boxes of "stuff". Have a good day. Hope your weather, wherever you are, is pleasant.
    We have everything the baby will need now, including bright colored "wipes" of cotton flannel for the baby's tiny bottom. (Or so we think. Every baby needs a Pirate onesie). He does still need a warm little hat. He has fleecy little suits with hoods but she feels he might get in trouble with a hood, even though she will be sitting in the back seat beside him all the way home. She mentioned that he might scream all the way home. He will only be about 6 hours old when he makes that trip. Should I put some ear plugs in my purse? My ears actually hurt with any kind of high pitched noise.

Yum!! pancakes and bacon...Wonderful Sat morning breakfast...Thanks, Blue. We had some snow here at the beach, too. Just a few inches, but it makes everything look so beautiful..We have a shell driveway, so have to be careful when and if we shovel. Didn't this time....just shoveled the walkways to the front and back doors.
    It's been rather quiet here, the way I like it.....Went to our favorite French Bistro for a late lunch the other day, rahter quiet there too, got our favorite cushy seats by the window. At the house I have been randomly clearing out closets and drawers. Got a box of stuff to donate to the local church and the Captain took 2 loads to the dump....I have to keep going.....
    Reading a new book, Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje, about Sri Lanka...I've just started it, but it seems interesting....a combination of modern times and human rights intertwined with archeology.
    Blue, hope things are ready, set, go for the baby!!!

I love the beach in winter!

#9205   2013/01/19 12:41PM
    Blue 501

Quote deceived: Sounds like a great breakfast... we live in S.E. TX, and it will be 75 and sunny today...LOL... great day for a Texas bar-b-q... any suggestions???

BBQ does not need anything except a big bowl of cole slaw & some hushpuppies. We usually add Texas Pete (actually made in NC) and some pepper vinegar to it b/c we like our bbq nice & hot. A side of Brunswick Stew is always good too.
    You know NC is a big bbq state but we have two camps. The Eastern bunch, in which I fall, thinks it has to be marinated with the vinegar & hot peppers steadily over a night of cooking, preferably over hickory coals. My friend from Alabama falls in that camp too. The Western contingent, which begins at approx. Lexington, NC, uses a tomato based sauce. I will eat any kind of bbq, any how.

#9206   2013/01/19 12:43PM
    Blue 501

Quote Calypso:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Calypso:
    Quote deceived: Sounds like a great breakfast... we live in S.E. TX, and it will be 75 and sunny today...LOL... great day for a Texas bar-b-q... any suggestions???

Texas BBQ sounds delicious!! How about bbq flank steak/ beer can chicken with beans and corn salad...fruit cobbler for dessert.

I've never been to a real Texas BBQ. Is potato salad acceptable? I've got a terrific recipe, very basic ingredients, and simple to make.. And how does one prepare corn-salad? It sounds delish. p.s. Almost forgot to offer my sweet-cornbread.

Hi Bobbi, I'm not an expert on Texas BBQ, I just suggested what I like.....I think deceived is the expert. As far as corn salad goes, I make mine usually in the summer when I can get fresh ingredients.....I'ts like any salad just use roasted corn, red onion, red pepper with tomatoes, avocado or black beans or any veggie you like. Mix with lime juice/ olive oil/ hot sauce and a little cilantro.

mmmm, that sounds good. I like the "Texas Caviar" recipe that has black beans or black eyed peas with peppers, tomato, chopped onion, cilantro, etc.

#9207   2013/01/19 12:46PM
    Blue 501

BTW, the South Carolinians put mustard in their bbq sauce. It's not too bad but the vinegar based is best.

#9208   2013/01/20 04:52PM
    countryMomof4

Back in the land of the frozen north. Florida was so warm and lush! Disney was tons of fun. I loved watching my little granddaughter running from one spot to another. Her favourite was the huge aquariums in The Seas pavilion at Epcot. Too bad my son's family came down with a bit of an nasty intestinal bug for a couple of days. Now I have a cold so am feeling a bit blah myself tonight. Not surprised with the thousands and thousands of people at those parks!!

Blue, did your brother run in the Disney marathon last Sunday? 67,000 participants. Unreal!! Many were dressed as characters too which made for extra fun but man was it H-O-T!!

I haven't seen the show all week so I will have to watch the epis on my PVR and catch up.

Nice to go away but it's good to be home too

#9209   2013/01/21 05:20AM
    Blue 501

Quote countryMomof4: Back in the land of the frozen north. Florida was so warm and lush! Disney was tons of fun. I loved watching my little granddaughter running from one spot to another. Her favourite was the huge aquariums in The Seas pavilion at Epcot. Too bad my son's family came down with a bit of an nasty intestinal bug for a couple of days. Now I have a cold so am feeling a bit blah myself tonight. Not surprised with the thousands and thousands of people at those parks!!

Blue, did your brother run in the Disney marathon last Sunday? 67,000 participants. Unreal!! Many were dressed as characters too which made for extra fun but man was it H-O-T!!

I haven't seen the show all week so I will have to watch the epis on my PVR and catch up.

Nice to go away but it's good to be home too

Hey CM! It is so nice to have you back! No, I don't think my brother ran in the Disney altho he & his wife have done so before & took his step-son's family along. He just got back from a week in England. He was researching English beers while his wife attended meetings. lol. They have favorites, the New Orleans Rock & Roll being one of them. He has qualified to run in the Boston again also. He is not top dog in his age group but he is 64 & just took up marathon running a few years ago. I need to take up some form of exercise besides walking to the mail box once or twice a day but it's COLD. We still have snow on the ground!
    Alex got kind of panicky yesterday. I made the mistake of saying her face looked a little puffy. (She had slept all night, then took a 5 hour nap). Then she got a headache (congestion I think-it mainly was in the forehead area) & got all upset & called her Doula who called some friends who were nurses & the consensus was that Alex needed to go to the emergency room. At 11 p.m., an hour away. Then her bp started going up & I got worried too. But I got her to call the physician on call for the birthing center who said she felt she could safely wait til morning to be checked. After that the bp went back to normal so I think it was just b/c she got afraid something terrible was happening (like pre-eclampsia). No edema that I could detect, bp started out as 121/81 before she got so upset, headache not severe. Blue's diagnosis was "Calm down, drink some water, lie down". But the first thing I will do when she wakes up is check her bp again.

#9210   2013/01/21 06:43AM
    countryMomof4

I had pre-eclampsia with my first. I went in for my routine checkup and my BP was so high my doctor want to put me in the hospital. I told him I could take care of myself at home ( being a nurse ) and would follow the rules. I figured I would be less anxious at him which would keep my BP down. It was boring as hell to lay on the couch all day but it kept us both safe.

Just keep checking her BP and try to keep her calm. she's probably getting anxious as her time comes closer ( just like the rest of us did ). I will get the beads out for you all Blue. HUGS!

Hubby is staying home from work today as he is having some tummy "troubles". Must be the same crud that my son's family had at Disney but it could be from anyone anywhere. We were in some huge crowds.

« 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list