List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/01 04:22PM, Views: 308828, Replies: 11379
    « 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 » »| page:
    #9181   2013/01/15 07:29AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    BobbiSox

Quote Lucy3: My husband tells everyone that we need to just sell the stove and use the space for more bookcases. He's such a smart ass.

Speaking of the Marsupial, any signs of pillaging in the supplies? Hard to believe that one could just break that habit cold turkey.

Indeed. Has anyone taken inventory lately? Quick! Count the Baileys bottles!

#9182   2013/01/15 04:16PM
    Blue 501

Quote BobbiSox: Where are you Blue? You have spoiled me with your exotic coffees and sweets. I have come around, looking for my breakfast and, much to my dismay, there is none. Now I must slink into my own kitchen (where IS that room?) and try to whip up some Russian coffee and Bolivian breakfast buns, or something grand, like you would do.. (What's a coffee pot look like?) p.s. Oops! I spoke too soon!

You were not reading. I brought blueberry muffins & coffee. I was just late (& you did not sniff around enough).

#9183   2013/01/15 04:26PM
    Blue 501

Quote Lucy3:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Lucy3:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Lucy3: 26 here today with tiny little ice pellets falling. I hate cold weather. If I don't freeze to death in the next couple of weeks I will be heading to Florida in early February. I'm going to take shirts and a tank top in hopes of finding a bush I can hide behind and sunbathe.

Well, I feel for you but when you are cold, you can always put on more clothes. I would love to be able to wear big fluffy sweaters, corduroy pants, fleece, Gortex. Wooly socks & boots. Never get to. There is a limit to how much you can take off if it's too hot. I used to work a lot of evenings. Going to work across a big parking lot in temps over 100 is horrrrrible. You feel as though your brains are boiling. I had to wear a sleeveless shirt so I could stand to put on my lab coat if I had to go to a ward.

I can remember working at the City Hospital back in the early sixties. There was no AC and we wore nylon uniforms and those God awful girdles that came almost to the knee, with hose. When I went to the VA where they had central air I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven.

I tell everyone that my feet get cold in October and don't warm up until April or May. I literally hate cold weather. I used to go outside early in the morning in Summertime and only come in for lunch then back out until time to start dinner. Once my husband retired and just took over in the yard, I didn't go out very much. Not much fun to just go sit.

Oh yes, I remember those horrible girdles. And even with coulottes, we wore petty pants. All those layers. I sweated like crazy til the first of November. When I started working, I had ditched the girdle but wore those white leather lace up nursing shoes & pantyhose so with clothes plus a heavy lab coat, I was still too hot.

Can you believe(well yes, YOU could ) that when I had my hip replacement I actually rooted around and came up with some of those relics? That big old scar with the staples got irritated by elastic and the pettipants saved the day. Or weeks.

I still have a girdle, a couple of garter belts & a Merry widow. That girdle is just as tight as ever. That kind of elastic never dies. The wimpy elastic they have now dies in even $30 panties very quickly. I find it every few years & try to throw it away but I keep thinking "but it's an antique now". It was stupid of me to ever wear one-I have never had any hips but if you have a tummy it will force it up to bulge over your waist line, making a bad situation even worse. Plus I was not big (then). I think I weighed 117 pounds when I started college. What did I need with a girdle? But we were raised to think it was immoral not to wear one. You might (omg) jiggle! But then my mother thought it was questionable to wear any panties but white briefs; that only gypsies had pierced ears, & that ankle bracelets or black underwear were worn only by prostitutes. We went to town to shop wearing stockings & gloves. (And sometimes a hat). Think of "Driving Miss Daisy" with Miss Daisy doing the driving, in a wide old Plymouth, & you get the picture.

#9184   2013/01/15 05:24PM
    habbyfan

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Lucy3:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Lucy3:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Lucy3: 26 here today with tiny little ice pellets falling. I hate cold weather. If I don't freeze to death in the next couple of weeks I will be heading to Florida in early February. I'm going to take shirts and a tank top in hopes of finding a bush I can hide behind and sunbathe.

Well, I feel for you but when you are cold, you can always put on more clothes. I would love to be able to wear big fluffy sweaters, corduroy pants, fleece, Gortex. Wooly socks & boots. Never get to. There is a limit to how much you can take off if it's too hot. I used to work a lot of evenings. Going to work across a big parking lot in temps over 100 is horrrrrible. You feel as though your brains are boiling. I had to wear a sleeveless shirt so I could stand to put on my lab coat if I had to go to a ward.

I can remember working at the City Hospital back in the early sixties. There was no AC and we wore nylon uniforms and those God awful girdles that came almost to the knee, with hose. When I went to the VA where they had central air I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven.

I tell everyone that my feet get cold in October and don't warm up until April or May. I literally hate cold weather. I used to go outside early in the morning in Summertime and only come in for lunch then back out until time to start dinner. Once my husband retired and just took over in the yard, I didn't go out very much. Not much fun to just go sit.

Oh yes, I remember those horrible girdles. And even with coulottes, we wore petty pants. All those layers. I sweated like crazy til the first of November. When I started working, I had ditched the girdle but wore those white leather lace up nursing shoes & pantyhose so with clothes plus a heavy lab coat, I was still too hot.

Can you believe(well yes, YOU could ) that when I had my hip replacement I actually rooted around and came up with some of those relics? That big old scar with the staples got irritated by elastic and the pettipants saved the day. Or weeks.

I still have a girdle, a couple of garter belts & a Merry widow. That girdle is just as tight as ever. That kind of elastic never dies. The wimpy elastic they have now dies in even $30 panties very quickly. I find it every few years & try to throw it away but I keep thinking "but it's an antique now". It was stupid of me to ever wear one-I have never had any hips but if you have a tummy it will force it up to bulge over your waist line, making a bad situation even worse. Plus I was not big (then). I think I weighed 117 pounds when I started college. What did I need with a girdle? But we were raised to think it was immoral not to wear one. You might (omg) jiggle! But then my mother thought it was questionable to wear any panties but white briefs; that only gypsies had pierced ears, & that ankle bracelets or black underwear were worn only by prostitutes. We went to town to shop wearing stockings & gloves. (And sometimes a hat). Think of "Driving Miss Daisy" with Miss Daisy doing the driving, in a wide old Plymouth, & you get the picture.

Did your mother know my mother

My mother put me in a girdle at 14,I only weighed 100 pds.

Slacks why would anyone wear those things,they were for boys.

I went to a hairdresser for the first time on my 16th Birthday,when my sister took me as a gift,until then ... Mom did the trim.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/15 05:29PM
    #9185   2013/01/15 05:54PM
    Lucy3

I was very thin too but the girdles were a must with the short uniforms. They sort of protected your modesty I suppose. I doubt that many men were lurking around hoping to get a peek up those uniforms.

#9186   2013/01/15 07:09PM
    Lucy3

I email with Georgiarain, hadn't heard. from her for a while so I emailed to ask if everything is okay. She told me that her 57 year old sister passed away on New Years Day of a massive heart attack. That is always sad news but especially in one so young,

#9187   2013/01/15 07:20PM
    habbyfan

That is such sad news,Lucy,Thanks for letting us know.

#9188   2013/01/16 09:56AM
    Blue 501

Quote Lucy3: I email with Georgiarain, hadn't heard. from her for a while so I emailed to ask if everything is okay. She told me that her 57 year old sister passed away on New Years Day of a massive heart attack. That is always sad news but especially in one so young,

I am so sorry to hear that. My condolences to Georgiarain. She is one of my favorite posters.

#9189   2013/01/16 10:05AM
    Blue 501

Mama fell last night. The EMT's & Police came. She said she was careless (and she was. Her new bed is a bit high and she has a very sturdy 2 step device but she was standing on it, in slippery socks, & reached for her cup instead of getting to solid ground before trying to get it & just slid down. & could not get up. And I could not get her up. She is skinny but I cannot safely lift over 25 pounds due to previous back surgery. And I would not let Alex even try. at 38 weeks pregnant. Since the EMTs were already on the way when I woke up, I did not try to get V at 2 a.m. He has 2 very bad disks from swinging in the top of a tree which broke off (when he was younger).
    And the computer has been off since then, til A. just fixed it for me.
    Have a good day.
    So, she had already pushed her alarm button & an off-duty EMT came and lifted her in his arms & put her in the bed but the police & EMTs came anyway. Not much sleep last night for anyone but thankfully, she is not hurt. I put slippers with rubber strips in them on her feet and put a quart of water on her bookcase next to her pills. And cancelled our lunch date with our friend. I don't dare leave her on her own for very long now but I can't let Alex embark on a 2 hours round trip alone either. I had a sitter for $16 an hour but Mama did not feel she needed one & it would be hard to get someone on such short notice.

#9190   2013/01/16 04:20PM
    Calypso

Quote Blue 501: Mama fell last night. The EMT's & Police came. She said she was careless (and she was. Her new bed is a bit high and she has a very sturdy 2 step device but she was standing on it, in slippery socks, & reached for her cup instead of getting to solid ground before trying to get it & just slid down. & could not get up. And I could not get her up. She is skinny but I cannot safely lift over 25 pounds due to previous back surgery. And I would not let Alex even try. at 38 weeks pregnant. Since the EMTs were already on the way when I woke up, I did not try to get V at 2 a.m. He has 2 very bad disks from swinging in the top of a tree which broke off (when he was younger).
    And the computer has been off since then, til A. just fixed it for me.
    Have a good day.
    So, she had already pushed her alarm button & an off-duty EMT came and lifted her in his arms & put her in the bed but the police & EMTs came anyway. Not much sleep last night for anyone but thankfully, she is not hurt. I put slippers with rubber strips in them on her feet and put a quart of water on her bookcase next to her pills. And cancelled our lunch date with our friend. I don't dare leave her on her own for very long now but I can't let Alex embark on a 2 hours round trip alone either. I had a sitter for $16 an hour but Mama did not feel she needed one & it would be hard to get someone on such short notice.

Blue, I am so sorry about your Mama's fall. I hope she is Ok. When older people fall, it can be devastating...I'm glad you didn't try to move her yourself. Best handled by the professionals. Please take care.

Left some brownies and hot chocolate for the late nighters.
    Peace everyone, and be well.

« 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list