List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/15 04:24PM, Views: 271074, Replies: 10965
    « 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 » »| page:
    #9171   2013/01/14 06:16PM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Lucy3

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Lucy3: 26 here today with tiny little ice pellets falling. I hate cold weather. If I don't freeze to death in the next couple of weeks I will be heading to Florida in early February. I'm going to take shirts and a tank top in hopes of finding a bush I can hide behind and sunbathe.

Well, I feel for you but when you are cold, you can always put on more clothes. I would love to be able to wear big fluffy sweaters, corduroy pants, fleece, Gortex. Wooly socks & boots. Never get to. There is a limit to how much you can take off if it's too hot. I used to work a lot of evenings. Going to work across a big parking lot in temps over 100 is horrrrrible. You feel as though your brains are boiling. I had to wear a sleeveless shirt so I could stand to put on my lab coat if I had to go to a ward.

I can remember working at the City Hospital back in the early sixties. There was no AC and we wore nylon uniforms and those God awful girdles that came almost to the knee, with hose. When I went to the VA where they had central air I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven.

I tell everyone that my feet get cold in October and don't warm up until April or May. I literally hate cold weather. I used to go outside early in the morning in Summertime and only come in for lunch then back out until time to start dinner. Once my husband retired and just took over in the yard, I didn't go out very much. Not much fun to just go sit.

#9172   2013/01/14 07:08PM
    BobbiSox

Quote Lucy3:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Lucy3: 26 here today with tiny little ice pellets falling. I hate cold weather. If I don't freeze to death in the next couple of weeks I will be heading to Florida in early February. I'm going to take shirts and a tank top in hopes of finding a bush I can hide behind and sunbathe.

Well, I feel for you but when you are cold, you can always put on more clothes. I would love to be able to wear big fluffy sweaters, corduroy pants, fleece, Gortex. Wooly socks & boots. Never get to. There is a limit to how much you can take off if it's too hot. I used to work a lot of evenings. Going to work across a big parking lot in temps over 100 is horrrrrible. You feel as though your brains are boiling. I had to wear a sleeveless shirt so I could stand to put on my lab coat if I had to go to a ward.

I can remember working at the City Hospital back in the early sixties. There was no AC and we wore nylon uniforms and those God awful girdles that came almost to the knee, with hose. When I went to the VA where they had central air I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven.

I tell everyone that my feet get cold in October and don't warm up until April or May. I literally hate cold weather. I used to go outside early in the morning in Summertime and only come in for lunch then back out until time to start dinner. Once my husband retired and just took over in the yard, I didn't go out very much. Not much fun to just go sit.

Hi Lucy! Don't know too much of your history, so I gotta ask
    if you don't mind, why do you stay in the cold? Move down here to Florida, where I am, and the temp. today was about 78! A most beautiful day; I went out walking. Ice, snow, broken hips, who needs it?

#9173   2013/01/15 05:58AM
    BobbiSox

Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Lucy3:
    Quote Blue 501:

if you don't mind, why do you stay in the cold? Move down here to Florida, where I am, and the temp. today was about 78! A most beautiful day; I went out walking. Ice, snow, broken hips, who needs it?

To clarify my own post Lucy, I meant I know you are coming to Florida in February, but why don't you move here? You're just visiting, right?

#9174   2013/01/15 06:07AM
    Lucy3

Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Lucy3:
    Quote Blue 501:

To clarify my own post Lucy, I meant I know you are coming to Florida in February, but why don't you move here? You're just visiting, right?

I do love Florida but this is home. The kids and grand kids plus two great grand kids are here. I like three of our seasons, just not the winter one. We have some friends who live in Hartford, Connecticut for six months and Miami for six. They have two homes. We can barely keep up one. That's a lot of work and my husband insists on doing it all or overseeing it all himself.

#9175   2013/01/15 06:18AM
    BobbiSox

Quote Lucy3:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Lucy3:
    Quote Blue 501:

I do love Florida but this is home. The kids and grand kids plus two great grand kids are here. I like three of our seasons, just not the winter one. We have some friends who live in Hartford, Connecticut for six months and Miami for six. They have two homes. We can barely keep up one. That's a lot of work and my husband insists on doing it all or overseeing it all himself.

We recently sold our 'high maintenance' monster of a house and bought a condo. Lovin' it! Most of my family (four of the five grands) live in the Los Angeles area, so we travel there about three times a year, and they come to visit at least twice a year. The best of both worlds. Of course, this is not for everybody. You want to be close to your family; I certainly can understnad that!

#9176   2013/01/15 06:43AM
    Blue 501

Here I am, with blueberry muffins & Costa Rican coffee. A certain little marsupial would be chewing me out for being so late.
    Florida is nice in the winter but I could not survive there in the summer. For my honeymoon, we were going to meander down the coast from NC, then travel to one of the Caribbean Islands when we got to Miami. I was so sick from the heat that we had to turn around & bring me home when we reached St Augustine. My husband was driving his little MGB; I was fried by the sun plus had welts all over my legs from being bitten by carnivorous flies on the beach; plus my stomach was pretty roiled up by some paella. Honeymoon over! And that was May. Imagine me in Florida in July.
    We headed back up the coast but did take a day to go by boat to an island sanctuary off the coast of South Carolina where the beach was paved with sand dollars & I had to put a plastic bucket over my head to discourage the very fierce ospreys that nested there. And a long black racer ran over my foot & turned to charge again. I ran like the wind! It was beautiful there and so unspoiled!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/15 06:45AM
    #9177   2013/01/15 06:48AM
    Blue 501

Quote Lucy3:
    Quote Blue 501:

Oh yes, I remember those horrible girdles. And even with coulottes, we wore petty pants. All those layers. I sweated like crazy til the first of November. When I started working, I had ditched the girdle but wore those white leather lace up nursing shoes & pantyhose so with clothes plus a heavy lab coat, I was still too hot.

#9178   2013/01/15 06:50AM
    BobbiSox

Where are you Blue? You have spoiled me with your exotic coffees and sweets. I have come around, looking for my breakfast and, much to my dismay, there is none. Now I must slink into my own kitchen (where IS that room?) and try to whip up some Russian coffee and Bolivian breakfast buns, or something grand, like you would do.. (What's a coffee pot look like?) p.s. Oops! I spoke too soon!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/15 06:51AM
    #9179   2013/01/15 07:22AM
    Lucy3

My husband tells everyone that we need to just sell the stove and use the space for more bookcases. He's such a smart ass.

Speaking of the Marsupial, any signs of pillaging in the supplies? Hard to believe that one could just break that habit cold turkey.

#9180   2013/01/15 07:27AM
    Lucy3

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Lucy3:
    Quote Blue 501:

Oh yes, I remember those horrible girdles. And even with coulottes, we wore petty pants. All those layers. I sweated like crazy til the first of November. When I started working, I had ditched the girdle but wore those white leather lace up nursing shoes & pantyhose so with clothes plus a heavy lab coat, I was still too hot.

Can you believe(well yes, YOU could ) that when I had my hip replacement I actually rooted around and came up with some of those relics? That big old scar with the staples got irritated by elastic and the pettipants saved the day. Or weeks.

« 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list