List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/22 08:35AM, Views: 322322, Replies: 11417
    « 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 » »| page:
    #9151   2013/01/12 10:29AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    deceived

Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote deceived: LOL...my grandma gave me my big black iron skillet for making gravy for bisquits and for hitting my husband between the eyes when he doesn't behave...one hit and he obeys my every command...LOL
    We learned that in West Virginia...

I actually had to get rid of my skillet years ago. I could never figure out how to clean it. I wanted to scour it with an SOS pad, and my neighbor said to just wipe it out. (Just wipe it out? I don't think so.) So I got rid of it. My neighbor was born and raised in Germany, and taught me some German every day. She told me the story of the skillet: she said her mother gave her the 'spider' and told her to tell her husband "if you ever hurt me, you should not sleep". I guess something got lost in the translation, but I got the drift.

Hey Bobbie... don't throw your Iron Skillets out... the more you use them the more Iron you get in your system...Iron gives you energy... They make great hamburgers also... Yummy... or you can cook a steak in them with some butter and garlic salt and pepper 5 minutes on each side on broil, and they taste like a grilled steak...
    I love iron skillets...

#9152   2013/01/12 11:09AM
    BobbiSox

Quote deceived:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote deceived: LOL...my grandma gave me my big black iron skillet for making gravy for bisquits and for hitting my husband between the eyes when he doesn't behave...one hit and he obeys my every command...LOL

I actually had to get rid of my skillet years ago. I could never figure out how to clean it. I wanted to scour it with an SOS pad, and my neighbor said to just wipe it out. (Just wipe it out? I don't think so.) So I got rid of it. My neighbor was born and raised in Germany, and taught me some German every day. She told me the story of the skillet: she said her mother gave her the 'spider' and told her to tell her husband "if you ever hurt me, you should not sleep". I guess something got lost in the translation, but I got the drift.

Hey Bobbie... don't throw your Iron Skillets out... the more you use them the more Iron you get in your system...Iron gives you energy... They make great hamburgers also... Yummy... or you can cook a steak in them with some butter and garlic salt and pepper 5 minutes on each side on broil, and they taste like a grilled steak...
    I love iron skillets...

Too late, I got rid of it years ago. I just keep my imaginary head-whacker in case any of the posters need to remind their husbands to behave. Seriously though, I do believe that if you could lift it, it would be a lethal weapon. (Hope I'm not giving anyone any ideas!)

#9153   2013/01/12 11:33AM
    habbyfan

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote habbyfan:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote habbyfan: Blue I think it is great you are able to be so involved in the whole process of birthing with your daughter,what a beautiful story!!!
    A great story to record.Since I started this ancestry search,I have also recorded stories told to me as a third party and they have taken on special meaning.

Yes, I go with her to everything now. I need a refresher course in infant care too.

It will all come back in an instant,as a grandmother of eleven I can assure you of that.

Wow. You are so lucky. All our eggs for three generations are in that little basket my daughter is carrying.

Well it helps when you have five children.

Four of them have two each the other has three,that's how it works.Just think it started with us two.LOL

#9154   2013/01/12 02:32PM
    Lucy3

I wash my skillets all the time. I cook lots of things in them like spaghetti sauce and chili plus ham and potato casserole and so on. When I take the food out I set the skillet back on the hot burner, add a few ups of water and let it boil for a few minutes. Then empty it out and dry it with paper towels. I have other skillets but only use the iron ones.

#9155   2013/01/12 02:56PM
    deceived

Quote Lucy3: I wash my skillets all the time. I cook lots of things in them like spaghetti sauce and chili plus ham and potato casserole and so on. When I take the food out I set the skillet back on the hot burner, add a few ups of water and let it boil for a few minutes. Then empty it out and dry it with paper towels. I have other skillets but only use the iron ones.

I love them...I make Egg/potato pizza in them... fry bacon, take them out set aside...fry some cup up potatoes in the bacon grease, when done, put some whipped eggs on top,, when done sprinkle with the bacon... when you take it out, it will come out like a pizza delicious!!!

#9156   2013/01/13 07:23AM
    Blue 501

Quote deceived:
    Quote Lucy3: I wash my skillets all the time. I cook lots of things in them like spaghetti sauce and chili plus ham and potato casserole and so on. When I take the food out I set the skillet back on the hot burner, add a few ups of water and let it boil for a few minutes. Then empty it out and dry it with paper towels. I have other skillets but only use the iron ones.

I love them...I make Egg/potato pizza in them... fry bacon, take them out set aside...fry some cup up potatoes in the bacon grease, when done, put some whipped eggs on top,, when done sprinkle with the bacon... when you take it out, it will come out like a pizza delicious!!!

Hmn. That sounds good. We have to eat fats very sparingly due to age & debilities but I think I will make some hash browns for breakfast (in my cast iron, black spider) & maybe one strip of crispy bacon each for Mama & me. Alex is a vegetarian. She was vegan but has added egg & cheese to her diet to help grow the baby nice & strong.
    And maybe some nice green onion omelet to go with the hash browns. Sumatran coffee with Bailey's cream, a pot of peach tea, and tangerines. Have a nice day. We took a van load of stuff, mostly Alex's-a whole roomful of laua decorations and several sets of dolls with complete wardrobes. I am next. Time to give up all those dresses & suits that are still too small AND have huge built in shoulderpads. Nice to find the silk & gabardine long sleeved shirts that now fit again & have natural shoulders. If I can lose a few more pounds & slip into my silk Ralph Lauren trousers I will be so pleased. I have a Marine blue pair & a black pair. Seldom if ever worn. I have wide shoulders anyway. I looked like a freak of nature in extreme shoulder pads but there was a time that is all you could find. I think that was the era of having your initials set into the huge, owl like glasses.

#9157   2013/01/13 07:32AM
    Blue 501

Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote deceived:
    Quote BobbiSox:

I love iron skillets...

Too late, I got rid of it years ago. I just keep my imaginary head-whacker in case any of the posters need to remind their husbands to behave. Seriously though, I do believe that if you could lift it, it would be a lethal weapon. (Hope I'm not giving anyone any ideas!)

It would be hard to get rid of the evidence. I remember an Alfred Hitchcock in which a woman killed her husband with a frozen roast of meat, then cooked it up on the stove. When the police came, she claimed she came home from shopping & found him dead on the floor with the house looted. But her next husband proved to be equally unsatisfactory so she tried it again & the power went off & the police found the bloody leg of lamb sitting in the pot on the stove.
    Lesson to be learned: Never kill two spouses in the same exact way. One husband might reach under the pillow, find his pistol & accidentally shoot himself in the head. Not two of them. One wife might trip & fall down the stairs & sustain multiple gashes on the head accompanied by blood spray all over the walls, but not two. Use your imagination, you murderers, for Heaven's sake. In the second case, the defense actually introduced the theory that an owl attacked the wife out by the pool & followed her into the house making repeated attacks on her head. Nah. More like being bashed in the head over & over with a fire poke or a frozen can of coke. (as in "Bi-tch, you froze my last can of soda-take that, & that, & that"!

#9158   2013/01/13 08:24AM
    BobbiSox

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote deceived:
    Quote BobbiSox:

I love iron skillets...

It would be hard to get rid of the evidence. I remember an Alfred Hitchcock in which a woman killed her husband with a frozen roast of meat, then cooked it up on the stove. When the police came, she claimed she came home from shopping & found him dead on the floor with the house looted. But her next husband proved to be equally unsatisfactory so she tried it again & the power went off & the police found the bloody leg of lamb sitting in the pot on the stove.
    Lesson to be learned: Never kill two spouses in the same exact way. One husband might reach under the pillow, find his pistol & accidentally shoot himself in the head. Not two of them. One wife might trip & fall down the stairs & sustain multiple gashes on the head accompanied by blood spray all over the walls, but not two. Use your imagination, you murderers, for Heaven's sake. In the second case, the defense actually introduced the theory that an owl attacked the wife out by the pool & followed her into the house making repeated attacks on her head. Nah. More like being bashed in the head over & over with a fire poke or a frozen can of coke. (as in "Bi-tch, you froze my last can of soda-take that, & that, & that"!

Mornin' Blue. Me thinks you've been watching those Lifetime Movies. I love them; I'll watch the same one five times!
    oops. need coffee. COFFEE HERE!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/13 08:26AM
    #9159   2013/01/13 09:26AM
    deceived

Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote deceived:
    Quote BobbiSox:

I love iron skillets...

Mornin' Blue. Me thinks you've been watching those Lifetime Movies. I love them; I'll watch the same one five times!
    oops. need coffee. COFFEE HERE!!!

LOL... on my second pot of coffee...had to miss church today, because last week I got the flu and cold from my kids in my Sunday School class... so here I am...
    I love the lifetime movies... My husband gets mad when I watch them... I am married to a Victor Newman...LOL I am Nikki...

#9160   2013/01/13 11:07AM
    habbyfan

After watching the evening news ... my brain needs a Lifetime movie

Good-morning all Kritter friends, last night it rained so heavily I woke up several times with the same thought it my brain thank the good Lord this is rain and not snow.

I just dropped in to say Hello, I am waiting for my daughter to come by and do some Ancestry work with me,after that I may be able to get back to work.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/13 11:09AM
    « 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list