List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/18 07:40PM, Views: 271416, Replies: 10966
    « 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 » »| page:
    #9131   2013/01/11 12:17PM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Blue 501

Quote Aeryn: Blue, my son sat low to begin with and dropped far early..... thought I wasn't be able to walk in fear he would drop out! LOL! I work from home, so I was always sitting. When I got near the time they wanted to induce me (had diabetes at that time and couldn't go past so many weeks) I told mom, let's go walk everywhere we can!

I had my mother with me from day 1. She went to almost all apts, all sonograms, everything. Then she was over everyday after baby came and kept him home until he was 10 months.
    I was high risk and then the diabetes, so it was good to have her with me and have her so involved.

I bet your daughter appreciates it as well.

I want to try that ancestory web site. I know almost nothing about my dad's father. He died when my father was young. I would love to dig. My mom's side is pretty much covered as we have a person doing it and updating our family facebook page. We found out a couple of months ago there was a genetic disease, forget the name, but we were able to get the word out really easy for everyone to get tested thanks to that page!

Love family history

Hi. Did the walking help with the birth? She wants a completely natural delivery-no epidural-no drugs- if her body does not get more ready she is going to have a rougher time.
    I was high risk too-hypertension & somewhat old for a first pregnancy (almost 37). I did not have gestational diabetes but about 7 years later, I developed full blown diabetes and have been on insulin for 25 years. Alex does not have any swelling & pees every 5 minutes so I guess her kidneys are working great. Her bp is almost too low but it nearly always has been low. She had gained some weight before the pregnancy but at 37 weeks, she is about 160 lbs so that is not so bad. It looks like it's "all baby". Her Doula tried to feel the baby but her abdomen is very firm. Taryn says from what she can feel, he will be a good sized baby so I hope he does not go over by too much. I hope he will be a happy baby in this houseful of women. Valentin, my husband, refuses to talk about the baby at all but that is Russian tradition. They think it is a bad omen to talk about the baby before he is born or even to buy presents for him. I am hoping he will be a good Grandpapa to him when he is born. If not, I may not be a wife to him any more.

#9132   2013/01/12 04:43AM
    countryMomof4

Off to Disney for a week. My granddaughter is so excited!

Hope you all have a great week. Stay safe and be healthy.

Talk to you next weekend!

#9133   2013/01/12 05:55AM
    Blue 501

Quote countryMomof4: Off to Disney for a week. My granddaughter is so excited!

Hope you all have a great week. Stay safe and be healthy.

Talk to you next weekend!

I hope you have tons of fun! It's really a work out.

#9134   2013/01/12 05:56AM
    BobbiSox

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Aeryn: Blue, my son sat low to begin with and dropped far early..... thought I wasn't be able to walk in fear he would drop out! LOL! I work from home, so I was always sitting. When I got near the time they wanted to induce me (had diabetes at that time and couldn't go past so many weeks) I told mom, let's go walk everywhere we can!

I had my mother with me from day 1. She went to almost all apts, all sonograms, everything. Then she was over everyday after baby came and kept him home until he was 10 months.
    I was high risk and then the diabetes, so it was good to have her with me and have her so involved.

I want to try that ancestory web site. I know almost nothing about my dad's father. He died when my father was young. I would love to dig. My mom's side is pretty much covered as we have a person doing it and updating our family facebook page. We found out a couple of months ago there was a genetic disease, forget the name, but we were able to get the word out really easy for everyone to get tested thanks to that page!

Love family history

Hi. Did the walking help with the birth? She wants a completely natural delivery-no epidural-no drugs- if her body does not get more ready she is going to have a rougher time.
    I was high risk too-hypertension & somewhat old for a first pregnancy (almost 37). I did not have gestational diabetes but about 7 years later, I developed full blown diabetes and have been on insulin for 25 years. Alex does not have any swelling & pees every 5 minutes so I guess her kidneys are working great. Her bp is almost too low but it nearly always has been low. She had gained some weight before the pregnancy but at 37 weeks, she is about 160 lbs so that is not so bad. It looks like it's "all baby". Her Doula tried to feel the baby but her abdomen is very firm. Taryn says from what she can feel, he will be a good sized baby so I hope he does not go over by too much. I hope he will be a happy baby in this houseful of women. Valentin, my husband, refuses to talk about the baby at all but that is Russian tradition. They think it is a bad omen to talk about the baby before he is born or even to buy presents for him. I am hoping he will be a good Grandpapa to him when he is born. If not, I may not be a wife to him any more.

I've got that skillet handy; just holler if you need it.

#9135   2013/01/12 06:05AM
    Blue 501

Love family history

So, you had gestational diabetes but it resolved after the birth? You probably need to stay slim, eat properly, and get plenty of exercise to make sure it does not return as you get older. They tested my daughter 3 times for any surges in blood sugar b/c of my history as a diabetic. My father's family had so much of it. One of my aunts had to have an operation postponed b/c she ate a whole box of Russell Stover the night before surgery & her sugar was sky high the next morning. She did not really have diabetes-she was thin as a bird-but she had extreme glucose intolerance. My brother & I do too. Even as children, if we had eaten candy before a urine test, we would spill sugar. I never heard about this until I was already a diabetic. Perhaps it would have been handwriting on the wall for me but when my diabetes hit, I had been exercising & losing weight. I think mine is more Type I even though it hit in my 40's because of the suddenness of it & b/c I was going thru the extreme stress of a divorce, having to change my job, & constant sinus infections. My grandmother was insulin dependent & so was an aunt & a cousin. The aunt required so much insulin that she had to use the U-500. And she was not obese. She was "normal" sized.

#9136   2013/01/12 06:07AM
    Blue 501

Quote habbyfan: Blue I think it is great you are able to be so involved in the whole process of birthing with your daughter,what a beautiful story!!!
    A great story to record.Since I started this ancestry search,I have also recorded stories told to me as a third party and they have taken on special meaning.

Yes, I go with her to everything now. I need a refresher course in infant care too.

#9137   2013/01/12 06:09AM
    Blue 501

Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Blue 501:

Love family history

Well, thank you Bobbi. Have some croissants & coffee.

#9138   2013/01/12 06:15AM
    BobbiSox

:) quote]Quote Blue 501: [quote]Quote BobbiSox: [quote]Quote Blue 501: [quote]Quote Aeryn: Blue, my son sat low to begin with and dropped far early..... thought I wasn't be able to walk in fear he would drop out! LOL! I work from home, so I was always sitting. When I got near the time they wanted to induce me (had diabetes at that time and couldn't go past so many weeks) I told mom, let's go walk everywhere we can!

Love family history[/quote]

I was high risk too-hypertension & somewhat old for a first pregnancy (almost 37). I did not have gestational diabetes but about 7 years later, I developed full blown diabetes and have been on insulin for 25 years. Alex does not have any swelling & pees every 5 minutes so I guess her kidneys are working great. Her bp is almost too low but it nearly always has been low. She had gained some weight before the pregnancy but at 37 weeks, she is about 160 lbs so that is not so bad. It looks like it's "all baby". Her Doula tried to feel the baby but her abdomen is very firm. Taryn says from what she can feel, he will be a good sized baby so I hope he does not go over by too much. I hope he will be a happy baby in this houseful of women. Valentin, my husband, refuses to talk about the baby at all but that is Russian tradition. They think it is a bad omen to talk about the baby before he is born or even to buy presents for him. I am hoping he will be a good Grandpapa to him when he is born. If not, I may not be a wife to him any more. [/quote]

I've got that skillet handy; just holler if you need it. [/quote]

Well, thank you Bobbi. Have some croissants & coffee.[/quote]

Don't mind if I do, thank you! Why is croissants not pronounced 'in the French' in this country. Why is it CREW-SONTS? We pronounce other French words as intended: champagne is not SHAM-PAG-KNEE, for example. Oh well. Also I think they are meant to be eaten as is, without any butter or other adornments; if made properly, they are heavenly just as they are.

oops! Well this is a fine mess.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/12 06:17AM
    #9139   2013/01/12 06:15AM
    Blue 501

Some years ago I published an article on the family in a Heritage Book for Onslow County that the Historical Society was sponsoring. I got a call from a woman in DC whose mother was my Dad's first cousin. We turned out to have so much in common, even down to her father & I having the same birthday (Halloween) & her daughter having the same birthday as my brother. We even drank the same kind of coffee & wore identical flipflops & both had blonde hair & green eyes. Turned out she was also kin to me on a branch of Mother's family. A very interesting experience & I almost brushed off her call b/c my maiden name is a very common one & amateurs assume that everyone with the same name is kin but that is not true of a name like Wood or Shepard, for instance. But then she mentioned "Cousin Grace" & I realized she was mine. She had pictures to share of my father's siblings. Very nice.
    The other kin we share is Petteway. Her ancestor married a sister of my great-great-grandmother. This cousin has become an expert on that line.

#9140   2013/01/12 06:16AM
    Lucy3

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Blue 501:

Love family history

Well, thank you Bobbi. Have some croissants & coffee.

Yes Bobbi, have a croissant. All that skillet swinging on an empty stomach just can't be good for you.

Lets sit here and enjoy a leisurely snack then I'll HELP you make a believer of Mr V. We will just tell him in a very kind way to either shape up or his ass is OURS.

« 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list