List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/15 04:24PM, Views: 270882, Replies: 10965
    « 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 » »| page:
    #9121   2013/01/10 07:26PM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Blue 501

Quote habbyfan: Blue ... I am upset ... Ancestry turned down my dna request, apparently they are not able to deliver in Canada. I guess I will have to explore the CDN.market.

Oh no, I am sorry. Can you get someone in the states to submit it for you? Do you have a relative in the US who could do it?

#9122   2013/01/11 07:31AM
    habbyfan

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote habbyfan: Blue ... I am upset ... Ancestry turned down my dna request, apparently they are not able to deliver in Canada. I guess I will have to explore the CDN.market.

Oh no, I am sorry. Can you get someone in the states to submit it for you? Do you have a relative in the US who could do it?

Yes I do have family in the US and that is a possibility but I want to discuss this issue with Ancestry,I do afterall pay to be a member,I also want Ancestry to sanction any action I take.

#9123   2013/01/11 09:15AM
    Blue 501

Quote habbyfan:
    Quote Blue 501:

Yes I do have family in the US and that is a possibility but I want to discuss this issue with Ancestry,I do afterall pay to be a member,I also want Ancestry to sanction any action I take.

I see your point. I wonder exactly what you find out. I read an article once that was positively thrilling. Some company that does DNA testing had linked up two Cohens-one from New York and one from Europe that were not only blood kin but looked nearly exactly alike, although their kinship was many generations ago. Now that was exciting. I do not think it was Ancestry though. They had also found African ancestors for a woman whose family came from one of the Caribbean Islands and narrowed it down to a specific tribe. I have found so many of my ancestors & thousands of cousins on my own. I would be terribly disappointed if all I got was a generic kind of report that said most of my ancestors were from Northern Europe. I hope it is far more than that. One of my Barber/Barbour distant kin in Florida says her family has been DNA tested & are relatives of an early Barber in eastern NC that I thought might be my ancestor too but cannot prove via documents. I guess it might be worth it but I am kind of holding out for the most complex test possible at the best price. (I am curious but cheap. lol). To be quite honest, I hope to prove my links to some rather famous people & will be kind of disappointed if they do not exist or cannot be traced for some reason.

#9124   2013/01/11 09:17AM
    Blue 501

Where are my manners?! Here is a (late) pot of Jamaican Blue Mountain with cream & sugar, some cranberry orange scones, & Prairie Bread with slices of Havarti cheese and cabernet flavored salami. Have a good day, my friends.

#9125   2013/01/11 09:24AM
    Blue 501

PS. There was a retired Colonel who had spent a lot of time tracing his Barbour roots. It is known that one of the Barbers married a Sanderson who was descended from Sir William Sanderson. That was Richard Barber/Barbour. Col. Barbour says my ancestor, Mitchell Barber, brother to Richard, also married a Sanderson daughter but I have some doubts about that. No proof, just proximity & similarity of first name & age. which is not good enough for me. It is interesting to me though b/c of a link to Sir Walter Raleigh. I claim it anyway (inlaw of an inlaw) b/c if I have a niche anywhere on my tree where someone fits, I will plug them in & keep an eye on them. As to actual blood kin to me, no they are not, but I want them in there anyway.

#9126   2013/01/11 09:34AM
    Calypso

Quote Blue 501: Where are my manners?! Here is a (late) pot of Jamaican Blue Mountain with cream & sugar, some cranberry orange scones, & Prairie Bread with slices of Havarti cheese and cabernet flavored salami. Have a good day, my friends.

Sounds delicious, especially the scones....what is prairie bread? sounds enticing. I have researched my family off and on...more off, though...I got a family tree from a distant cousin who was researching our Swedish relatives, as my grandmother has 5 sisters. All but 1 came to America, so I am very interested in the Swedish one.. I did find my great grandmother on my father's side, who stayed in Sweden, but that's as far as I got......and some relatives on Mum's side immigrated to Nova Scotia.

Interesting doing this research, but I seem to get waylaid....Habby Fan...good luck, sounds like you are really into it , with DNA and all.

Blue, what's the status on the baby?

#9127   2013/01/11 09:35AM
    Blue 501

I found some living relatives of my father that I had not known about relatively late in my research & actually found a picture of a second cousin of his who had died of an abdominal aneurysm. My father had one too but had surgery for it & survived. This man looked very like my father except that he was blond. Same square jaw & I think he had green eyes like mine & the folks at the library scanned the picture & sent it to my e-mail and they said the man looked very like me as well.
    And early in my research, I discovered a branch of my family who lived in the late 1700's & early 1800's & the father had the same name as mine, and his daughter had the same name as me & the same nickname & that was exciting for me, esp since the father proved out to be a lineal ancestor. Both of my Dad's names go back to at least the 1700's in our family & that pleases me. The new baby, due at the end of this month, will get one of those names & the other will be left as the exclusive propery of my brother, who is a Jr. He does not have any children, so this baby will be named in his honor as well as my father's. I like that.

#9128   2013/01/11 09:44AM
    Blue 501

Quote Calypso:
    Quote Blue 501: Where are my manners?! Here is a (late) pot of Jamaican Blue Mountain with cream & sugar, some cranberry orange scones, & Prairie Bread with slices of Havarti cheese and cabernet flavored salami. Have a good day, my friends.

Sounds delicious, especially the scones....what is prairie bread? sounds enticing. I have researched my family off and on...more off, though...I got a family tree from a distant cousin who was researching our Swedish relatives, as my grandmother has 5 sisters. All but 1 came to America, so I am very interested in the Swedish one.. I did find my great grandmother on my father's side, who stayed in Sweden, but that's as far as I got......and some relatives on Mum's side immigrated to Nova Scotia.

Interesting doing this research, but I seem to get waylaid....Habby Fan...good luck, sounds like you are really into it , with DNA and all.

Blue, what's the status on the baby?

Hey Calypso! Prairie bread is an organic, multi-grain bread that comes from Whole Food Stores, formerly WellSpring. It is chunk full of sunflower seed, flax seed, pumpkin seed, etc. It tastes so good.
    My brother's wife comes from a Swedish-American family from Wisconsin but nearly all my people come from the British Isles, except for a Norman line, a Swiss-German line and the (unproven) Native Americans I feel are there. I have been working on the tree for most of my adult life and have found over 15,000 souls.
    That baby is coming soon. My daughter looks like she is about to pop any time. They put her on primrose oil to help soften the cervix. I don't think he has dropped yet though. I think she has spent too much time on her computer & not enough walking. I was confined to bed due to bp probs & my baby (her) never dropped either & I had to have a c-section. I hope that does not happen to her.

#9129   2013/01/11 10:52AM
    habbyfan

Blue I think it is great you are able to be so involved in the whole process of birthing with your daughter,what a beautiful story!!!
    A great story to record.Since I started this ancestry search,I have also recorded stories told to me as a third party and they have taken on special meaning.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/11 10:55AM
    #9130   2013/01/11 11:17AM
    Aeryn

Blue, my son sat low to begin with and dropped far early..... thought I wasn't be able to walk in fear he would drop out! LOL! I work from home, so I was always sitting. When I got near the time they wanted to induce me (had diabetes at that time and couldn't go past so many weeks) I told mom, let's go walk everywhere we can!

I had my mother with me from day 1. She went to almost all apts, all sonograms, everything. Then she was over everyday after baby came and kept him home until he was 10 months.
    I was high risk and then the diabetes, so it was good to have her with me and have her so involved.

I bet your daughter appreciates it as well.

I want to try that ancestory web site. I know almost nothing about my dad's father. He died when my father was young. I would love to dig. My mom's side is pretty much covered as we have a person doing it and updating our family facebook page. We found out a couple of months ago there was a genetic disease, forget the name, but we were able to get the word out really easy for everyone to get tested thanks to that page!

Love family history

« 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list