List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/22 08:35AM, Views: 322241, Replies: 11417
    « 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 » »| page:
    #11381   2014/09/02 05:40PM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    PixiePower

Stopping by to say a cherry hello! Hope you all are having a wonderful evening! Stay safe,happy and healthy and I will catch you sweet ladies tomorrow!Good night and God bless!

#11382   2014/09/03 10:56AM
    Blue 501

Hi Pixie. Hot days in North Carolina. The car gauged the temp at 105 and I had to mow grass b/c the grass was tall enough for tigers to hide in & we are due a week of rain. We need it. Even the weeds are wilting. I hope I did not kill off any brain cells. It may be time to start paying someone to do the grass. I have to have long pants, a long-sleeved shirt, sunglasses, ear protectors, a mask to keep the grass particles out of my lungs, & a big hat. Hot,hot,hot!
    I met a new relative on FB & was able to trace him back to a Methodist Circuit Rider preacher born in 1777. I would like to take it further but it takes a lot of work! The name Erasmus is used a lot in his family. I imagine that is after the Renaissance humanist Erasmus of Rotterdam. The name Maynard is used a lot too. Does anyone know if that name could also be from someone in a religious field?

#11383   2014/09/03 12:44PM
    habbyfan

I have been very busy with Ancestry but I do not have a lot to
    show for it.It is tough but I still plugged along.

I am thinking it is long past time for giving up the grass
    cutting and I am sure their must be some young lads who
    would like a job.

#11384   2014/09/03 02:11PM
    Blue 501

Quote habbyfan: I have been very busy with Ancestry but I do not have a lot to

would like a job.

Yes. I wish I could find someone as reasonable as the guy who mows the grass at Mama's house. $30. But he is a family friend. I am going down in early October for a reunion (& to get a bushel of oysters maybe?) My husband would probably mow my grass but he mows off a lot of my bulbs.

#11385   2014/09/15 10:04AM
    Blue 501

Good afternoon. Time to air out the Refuge. I am brewing a pot of Sumatra Mandeling & sliced a rum flavored pound cake. Something has been eating our bulbs. I am thinking of ordering some daffodils. My favorite supplier is already out of Fortissimo (the big white one with the vivid orange center). How about a collection of pinks, one of butterflies, some split coronas and a fragrant collection? Old Blue would have some to share but she has been lazy for the last few years & the daffodils have dwindled. When it gets cool, I might divide my daylilies and put 50 here plus start a seedling bed. I love Blue Jacket hyacinths too so I might put in a bed of them.

#11386   2014/09/16 04:44AM
    Blue 501

Quote habbyfan: I have been very busy with Ancestry but I do not have a lot to

would like a job.

I nearly always find something when I go on Ancestry but that is because I have 17,300 people in my family tree (forest). I nearly always get a hit. My problem is my direct line. I have as many as 12 generations worked out on some of my lines & it is now harder to find anything new. I need to hang out more with a historian friend. He gave me Edward Marshburn who IS a direct ancestor whose stepmother owned a coffee house in London in the late 1600s. Mrs Lloyd. Lloyds of London started there. Edward wrote a newsletter, a version of which is STILL being written. He got in trouble for some of the views he published in the newletter & had to flee to Virginia. I figure I must have got some of my genes directly from him.
    He also gave me William Bruce Montford, "The Martyr of New Orleans". When I googled that, I found fascinating stories online. He was a child of my ancestor's widow from a later marriage. One of his kin wrote a book in 1835 detailing their relationship with Simon de Montfort, the Crusader.I don't know if any copies exist. I would love to find one.

#11387   2014/09/17 06:48AM
    Blue 501

Good morning. The temp is in the 70's, which is kind of cool for North Carolina, even in September. I will take it! My husband cut down the red thorny bushes with the narrow red berries. I was hesitant about it but they were a mess, full of honeysuckle, which smells so good but looks neglected. He left several huge gnarled yews and it does look a lot neater. The hummingbirds liked the honeysuckle. One flew almost up to
    me once when I was sitting quietly on the steps. It was a female ruby throat but only the male has the red. She was kind of grey-green. It was still a thrill though.
    Tanganyikan coffee in the Refuge today plus ham biscuits and canteloupe slices. I am fixing to have my second cup which is my limit. (I get kind of wired from caffeine but it is not necessarily a productive kind of energy). During the 4 days my daughter & grandson were gone, I finally found most of my tax papers for 2013 & hope to get the taxes done before October 1. My check register (an essential piece of evidence) was missing. I finally found it tucked into a box of electronic stuff. That has the mark of my 18 month old grandson on it. He is fascinated by cords, remotes, & buttons. We have to keep everything on high shelves & are running out of places plus he is getting long legged (& toothy). He has the most graceful & agile body. The other day he scampered up into my (very high) bed & as I grabbed for him, he did a "crocoile roll" & trapped my arm between him & the hard covered Patricia Cornwell I was reading & skinned a section of my arm. I am too old to be a grandmother to such an active little boy but he is a joy none the less. He stays scuffed up all the time, both knees scabby instead of silky, and he remains fearless of all physical consequences. He was a beautiful baby & remains very attractive & charming. People are always telling my daughter how handsome he is. He has my father's name & he was so good looking that people still tell me, 20 years later, that he was "movie star handsome" & he kind of was. (I have his head shape but that is about all. lol) I will be very pleased if he grows up to look like his great-grandfather but I guess he is only 1/8 of his genes & everything is a roll of the dice when someone has at much variety in the genetic pool as he does. However, he does have his complexion and head & facial shape & his grey eyes show a little brown in them now so maybe. My father had golden brown eyes & so does my brother. Grandmother called them chinquapin colored. Even though she had green eyes & my grandfather had blue green ones, there were brown eyed people (most likely Indians) on both sides so she had three brown eyed children (and two blue & one green). I got the green ones.Two of my cousins on that side have violet eyes which are very lovely. I have never understood genetics all that well but my daughter minored in it.

#11388   2014/09/17 06:54AM
    deceived

Hello Ladies... Blue I could use some of your coffee and breakfast as my husband made the coffee and cooked breakfast...
    We are finally getting some rain this week and it has cooled down to the 90's...LOL

#11389   2014/09/17 08:32AM
    Blue 501

Quote deceived: Hello Ladies... Blue I could use some of your coffee and breakfast as my husband made the coffee and cooked breakfast...
    We are finally getting some rain this week and it has cooled down to the 90's...LOL

Good morning Dee. Help yourself! There is whole milk, cream, & Baily's in the frig (in case you forgot). I hate it when V tries to make coffee for me. He makes it so strong & it makes him sleepy instead of alert.

#11390   2014/09/17 08:35AM
    Blue 501

Quote deceived: Hello Ladies... Blue I could use some of your coffee and breakfast as my husband made the coffee and cooked breakfast...

Thank goodness for rain. I know you needed it so badly.

I managed to burn myself (not badly) & lose a slice of ham on the kitchen floor b/c I was trying to do the crossword puzzle while cooking. I need a robotic third hand to keep me out of trouble.

« 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list