List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/22 08:35AM, Views: 322129, Replies: 11417
    « 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 » »| page:
    #11311   2014/08/17 05:57AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Teri_ETC

[quote]Quote deceived: [quote]Quote Teri_ETC: [quote]Quote deceived: [quote]Quote Teri_ETC: [quote]Quote Blue 501: I went for a walk today & my little dog Sasha went with me. Near the end, I saw two slender little white dogs slip across the road. Both of them came up to us for the sniff test & followed us home. Both had curly fur with a pouf hanging over their shoe button eyes like Sasha does. I asked him if he had a secret. Sasha weighs about 24 pounds. The little lady dog looked like 12 pounds and had a very curly, clipped coat with a long pouffy tail. She was no bigger than our cats. The other was about half her size with a bobbed tail, a really tiny dog but similar. I figured them for a mother & son (the tiny one was digging up the turf so I figured he was a boy). I brought out some dry food & water & just waited. In a little while, a car pulled up. It was their family and they gathered them up & took them home. I was relieved. The smaller dog had no sense about cars & I am afraid he would not have survived long but I don't think my household could have handled any more kritters.
    It turned out that the female dog was elderly and not the mother of the male but they sure looked alike. Both rescue dogs their Mama said.[/quote]

Good afternoon All!

Just poking my head into the clubhouse and read Blue's note about the lost and found Kritters in her neighborhood.

Good thing you know your limits Blue, this past week someone dropped off 100 tuxedo cats (four boxes each containing 25 cats) on the step of a local animal shelter...here's the link.

abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/person-drops-off-100-tuxedo-cats-shelter-25006340... />

I did not know those cats were called Tuxedo Cats... how cute is that???[/quote]

ITA they are cute!!

How are you D? I am inspired to know that you have survived two strokes. What can you do to prevent them? They run in my family also.[/quote]

I am 56, a on 3 different blood pressure meds... from the strokes... I take them twice a day, and I have a high blood pressure machine. IF I would have been educated on strokes they would have never happened in my opinion...
    The first stroke happened when I was 38. I was a reporter then also, at the same job I am at now... but I was raising my two oldest boys, handling my 24/7 job, a maid/nanny/babysitter. She was a big help, but I was still stressed as I was volunteering for 5 jobs at the church. In other words, I was one of those soccer moms that ate while she drove. Coffee, pizza, hamburger, chips, donuts. BAD diet, stress, adrenaline. I was at work typing I felt confused, dizzy, headache. I told my boss that I didn't feel very well. I got up to go to the bathroom, and fell down. All of a sudden I was paralyzed from the neck down... I could barely make out: "Help" My editor called 911 and anyways, I had a right-hemisphere brain stroke, which affects your memory, and feelings...so for a year I had to see a neurologist because I had total amnesia of my life... IT was so scary when my husband came to the hospital to take me home. I did not know him, and fought the nurse to get into his car... long story short, I was put on about 9 prescriptions, through therapy, meds, after about a year, things came back to me... later I was able return to work... Then in 2006, I again had a hectic lifestyle, and was careless with my health...I had four transit mini-stokes on my left side, which left me with weakness in my arms and legs... I am okay now, still on 3 blood pressure meds, but I try to walk, and exercise, eat right, go to doctor appointments. AND I keep a blood pressure machine close to me...That is the first thing I do when I wake up.
    So, I think it is mostly preventable with education...[/quote]

Thx 4 that info D!! I am on hbp med too and I have a machine. I frequently "miss" taking my meds and I do not take my blood pressure regularly. I use to be good about diet and exercise; however, lately not so much. I try to live as stress free as possible; but stress still exists.

I understand now why my Drs are on me about controlling my blood pressure. Thx again - I will start taking my blood pressure more regularly along with taking my hbp pills.

#11312   2014/08/17 06:30AM
    deceived

It's important to take your blood pressure meds at the same time everyday. If you miss doses here and there, etc... you could actually have a heart attack...
    My mom was on blood pressure meds, and took them whenever she felt bad, one morning, she was getting ready for church, and she had a massive heart attack which is a heart attack and stroke at the same time... she died instantly...
    My sister and the police found her three days later on her bed...
    Well, I will be gone for awhile... church, lunch, and then the final shopping for my son who starts school tomorrow... we have to drive quite a ways for those things... have a great day Ladies!!!

#11313   2014/08/17 06:35AM
    Teri_ETC

UPDATE ON TUXEDO CAT STORY:

Local Bay Area news recently broadcast the animal shelter that is housing the windfall of tuxedo cats is now waiving adoption fees. Hopefully they will find good homes for these lil kritters.

www.examiner.com/article/mysterious-owners-dropping-off-100-tuxedo-cats-at-night...

#11314   2014/08/17 07:00AM
    habbyfan

Good morning ...

I just dropped in with a plate of scones hot from the oven ...

Enjoy!!!

#11315   2014/08/17 07:05AM
    Teri_ETC

Quote deceived: It's important to take your blood pressure meds at the same time everyday. If you miss doses here and there, etc... you could actually have a heart attack...
    My mom was on blood pressure meds, and took them whenever she felt bad, one morning, she was getting ready for church, and she had a massive heart attack which is a heart attack and stroke at the same time... she died instantly...
    My sister and the police found her three days later on her bed...
    Well, I will be gone for awhile... church, lunch, and then the final shopping for my son who starts school tomorrow... we have to drive quite a ways for those things... have a great day Ladies!!!

Thx 4 the "reality check" D. My younger sister dropped dead from a massive heart attack when she was age 40. I will get serious about checking my blood pressure more regularly and being consistent in taking my hbp meds...

Have a Blessed Day - hope you find alot of back-to-school sales!

#11316   2014/08/17 07:19AM
    Teri_ETC

Quote habbyfan: Good morning ...

Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the scones habbyfan! I'll put the tea kettle on and get the green tea leaves out of the cupboard.

Slicing some oranges to decorate our tea cups as we nibble on our fresh scones.

Today's a good day!

#11317   2014/08/17 08:49AM
    habbyfan

Quote Teri_ETC:

Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the scones habbyfan! I'll put the tea kettle on and get the green tea leaves out of the cupboard.

Today's a good day!

Here you go some clotted cream to go with you tea and scone ...

#11318   2014/08/17 10:54AM
    Teri_ETC

Quote habbyfan:
    Quote Teri_ETC:

Enjoy!!!

Today's a good day!

Here you go some clotted cream to go with you tea and scone ...

Thank You kindly for the clotted cream! I'll top it off with a spoonful of homemade apricot-pineapple preserves that i picked up at the local farmer's market. Delicious!!!

#11319   2014/08/17 03:28PM
    Blue 501

Enjoy!!!

Thanks Habby!

#11320   2014/08/17 03:34PM
    Blue 501

Strokes are a family curse for me too. My grandfather and uncle had strokes in their 50's & a cousin died of a cerebral aneurysm in her 50's. My father had an abdominal aneurysm in his 50's. I have had hypertension since my 20's & I do not even want to say how high it has been. I must have strong blood vessels but I had to spend part of my only full term pregnancy on bed rest & had to retire 18 months short of being invested. I cannot handle a lot of stress.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/17 03:37PM
    « 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list