List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/30 03:38PM, Views: 318213, Replies: 11408
    « 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 » »| page:
    #11301   2014/08/16 06:32AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Blue 501

Quote deceived: Hello Ladies!!! I am so blessed. I look out my window from my bedroom and see a cow with her calf. The calf limps and falls, trying to learn how to walk...then drinks from her mom... and my cat had five kittens, all girls... they are gorgeous!!! They all look like bandits with black masks, and white fur.... so cute. And we have 2 German Shepherds that I swear can talk!!!LOL Sometimes I feel so lucky...
    Blue, I am so jealous of you getting to see Wiley all the time... my daughter-in-law works at the Detention center, my son works 14 hours a day. She keeps the kids in a daycare... I barely get to see them. She wont let them come out to the ranch unless she is hovering over them... she thinks because I had those two strokes, and I am 56, AND I only had boys, I don't know how to take care of my little grandchild, she is 4 now... anyways... My 13 year old son is starting school Monday at a Christian School...
    We have a fund started here in Brooks Co. for the illegals for their clothes, supplies, etc... for school...should be an interesting school year...
    I am excited to find out who Mariah is!!!

Those kittens sound gorgeous.I wish I could see them. I am sorry you don't see your grandchildren more. I am seeing much more of mine than I did of my own child. I cannot take care of him so she can work though. A toddler plus a 98 year old baby is way more than I could ever handle. I can support them though, and do. Instead of home schooling, we have home babying. He may be a little spoiled but he is very sweet most of the time.

#11302   2014/08/16 03:08PM
    Blue 501

I went for a walk today & my little dog Sasha went with me. Near the end, I saw two slender little white dogs slip across the road. Both of them came up to us for the sniff test & followed us home. Both had curly fur with a pouf hanging over their shoe button eyes like Sasha does. I asked him if he had a secret. Sasha weighs about 24 pounds. The little lady dog looked like 12 pounds and had a very curly, clipped coat with a long pouffy tail. She was no bigger than our cats. The other was about half her size with a bobbed tail, a really tiny dog but similar. I figured them for a mother & son (the tiny one was digging up the turf so I figured he was a boy). I brought out some dry food & water & just waited. In a little while, a car pulled up. It was their family and they gathered them up & took them home. I was relieved. The smaller dog had no sense about cars & I am afraid he would not have survived long but I don't think my household could have handled any more kritters.
    It turned out that the female dog was elderly and not the mother of the male but they sure looked alike. Both rescue dogs their Mama said.

#11303   2014/08/16 04:05PM
    Teri_ETC

Quote Blue 501: I went for a walk today & my little dog Sasha went with me. Near the end, I saw two slender little white dogs slip across the road. Both of them came up to us for the sniff test & followed us home. Both had curly fur with a pouf hanging over their shoe button eyes like Sasha does. I asked him if he had a secret. Sasha weighs about 24 pounds. The little lady dog looked like 12 pounds and had a very curly, clipped coat with a long pouffy tail. She was no bigger than our cats. The other was about half her size with a bobbed tail, a really tiny dog but similar. I figured them for a mother & son (the tiny one was digging up the turf so I figured he was a boy). I brought out some dry food & water & just waited. In a little while, a car pulled up. It was their family and they gathered them up & took them home. I was relieved. The smaller dog had no sense about cars & I am afraid he would not have survived long but I don't think my household could have handled any more kritters.
    It turned out that the female dog was elderly and not the mother of the male but they sure looked alike. Both rescue dogs their Mama said.

Good afternoon All!

Just poking my head into the clubhouse and read Blue's note about the lost and found Kritters in her neighborhood.

Good thing you know your limits Blue, this past week someone dropped off 100 tuxedo cats (four boxes each containing 25 cats) on the step of a local animal shelter...here's the link.

abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/person-drops-off-100-tuxedo-cats-shelter-25006340

#11304   2014/08/16 04:31PM
    deceived

[quote]Quote Teri_ETC: [quote]Quote Blue 501: I went for a walk today & my little dog Sasha went with me. Near the end, I saw two slender little white dogs slip across the road. Both of them came up to us for the sniff test & followed us home. Both had curly fur with a pouf hanging over their shoe button eyes like Sasha does. I asked him if he had a secret. Sasha weighs about 24 pounds. The little lady dog looked like 12 pounds and had a very curly, clipped coat with a long pouffy tail. She was no bigger than our cats. The other was about half her size with a bobbed tail, a really tiny dog but similar. I figured them for a mother & son (the tiny one was digging up the turf so I figured he was a boy). I brought out some dry food & water & just waited. In a little while, a car pulled up. It was their family and they gathered them up & took them home. I was relieved. The smaller dog had no sense about cars & I am afraid he would not have survived long but I don't think my household could have handled any more kritters.
    It turned out that the female dog was elderly and not the mother of the male but they sure looked alike. Both rescue dogs their Mama said.[/quote]

Good afternoon All!

Just poking my head into the clubhouse and read Blue's note about the lost and found Kritters in her neighborhood.

Good thing you know your limits Blue, this past week someone dropped off 100 tuxedo cats (four boxes each containing 25 cats) on the step of a local animal shelter...here's the link.

abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/person-drops-off-100-tuxedo-cats-shelter-25006340... />

I did not know those cats were called Tuxedo Cats... how cute is that???

#11305   2014/08/16 05:07PM
    Teri_ETC

[quote]Quote deceived: [quote]Quote Teri_ETC: [quote]Quote Blue 501: I went for a walk today & my little dog Sasha went with me. Near the end, I saw two slender little white dogs slip across the road. Both of them came up to us for the sniff test & followed us home. Both had curly fur with a pouf hanging over their shoe button eyes like Sasha does. I asked him if he had a secret. Sasha weighs about 24 pounds. The little lady dog looked like 12 pounds and had a very curly, clipped coat with a long pouffy tail. She was no bigger than our cats. The other was about half her size with a bobbed tail, a really tiny dog but similar. I figured them for a mother & son (the tiny one was digging up the turf so I figured he was a boy). I brought out some dry food & water & just waited. In a little while, a car pulled up. It was their family and they gathered them up & took them home. I was relieved. The smaller dog had no sense about cars & I am afraid he would not have survived long but I don't think my household could have handled any more kritters.
    It turned out that the female dog was elderly and not the mother of the male but they sure looked alike. Both rescue dogs their Mama said.[/quote]

Good afternoon All!

abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/person-drops-off-100-tuxedo-cats-shelter-25006340... />

I did not know those cats were called Tuxedo Cats... how cute is that???[/quote]

ITA they are cute!!

How are you D? I am inspired to know that you have survived two strokes. What can you do to prevent them? They run in my family also.

#11306   2014/08/16 05:12PM
    Blue 501

[quote]Quote Teri_ETC: [quote]Quote Blue 501: I went for a walk today & my little dog Sasha went with me. Near the end, I saw two slender little white dogs slip across the road. Both of them came up to us for the sniff test & followed us home. Both had curly fur with a pouf hanging over their shoe button eyes like Sasha does. I asked him if he had a secret. Sasha weighs about 24 pounds. The little lady dog looked like 12 pounds and had a very curly, clipped coat with a long pouffy tail. She was no bigger than our cats. The other was about half her size with a bobbed tail, a really tiny dog but similar. I figured them for a mother & son (the tiny one was digging up the turf so I figured he was a boy). I brought out some dry food & water & just waited. In a little while, a car pulled up. It was their family and they gathered them up & took them home. I was relieved. The smaller dog had no sense about cars & I am afraid he would not have survived long but I don't think my household could have handled any more kritters.

Good afternoon All!

Good God a'mighty! I like tuxedo cats but that is way over my limit. We are down to 3 cars & a dog now & trying to find good homes for the rest of the cats. My daughter is scrupulous with their vet care, etc, but does not have the time to spend with them anymore. They used to all pile in bed with her(5 of them) but the baby needs all her attention now.

#11307   2014/08/16 05:18PM
    Teri_ETC

[quote]Quote Blue 501: [quote]Quote Teri_ETC: [quote]Quote Blue 501: I went for a walk today & my little dog Sasha went with me. Near the end, I saw two slender little white dogs slip across the road. Both of them came up to us for the sniff test & followed us home. Both had curly fur with a pouf hanging over their shoe button eyes like Sasha does. I asked him if he had a secret. Sasha weighs about 24 pounds. The little lady dog looked like 12 pounds and had a very curly, clipped coat with a long pouffy tail. She was no bigger than our cats. The other was about half her size with a bobbed tail, a really tiny dog but similar. I figured them for a mother & son (the tiny one was digging up the turf so I figured he was a boy). I brought out some dry food & water & just waited. In a little while, a car pulled up. It was their family and they gathered them up & took them home. I was relieved. The smaller dog had no sense about cars & I am afraid he would not have survived long but I don't think my household could have handled any more kritters.

Good afternoon All!

Good God a'mighty! I like tuxedo cats but that is way over my limit. We are down to 3 cars & a dog now & trying to find good homes for the rest of the cats. My daughter is scrupulous with their vet care, etc, but does not have the time to spend with them anymore. They used to all pile in bed with her(5 of them) but the baby needs all her attention now.[/quote]

LOL!!! Blue, I hope you didn't spill your coffee when you read that news article headline.

#11308   2014/08/16 05:48PM
    Blue 501

The sad thing is, around here, pets that are surrendered have a very high risk of being put down. One naive woman turned in her much loved family dog thinking they would find him a home with a nice big yard and she had moved from a house to an apartment. Within hours she changed her mind, called & said she was coming back for him but when she got there, her dog was already dead. They said he showed "signs of aggression". Poor boy.
    That is how I got my little biter. He showed up in the neighborhood, looking terrible, & several of us were feeding him. I took him to the vet & got him treated for fleas & worms & got him his shots but I did not really want a dog. But then one of the neighbors said she believed she would call animal control so they "could find him a good home". I thought that such a pretty & well behaved little dog did not deserve to die so I took him. When his fur grew out, he looked like a "Cavachon" (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel x Bichon). Impeccable manners, never any mess in the house. but he came in wet & muddy & I was scrubbing him with a towel & with no warning he went Cujo on me & bit me in six places. And yet he seemed to love me so much that he could not stand to be separated from me. One of the neighborhood kids had said "He won't let anyone touch his belly". Soon after that he crawled way up under the house & did not come out for several days. I wonder if he had an abscess or something. He was all right after that but the next time I tried to groom him he growled so now I just take him to the groomer when his coat gets long & tangled & warn them to muzzle him (& tip generously).
    You may wonder why I would even want a dog like him but when he sees me come home, he comes running to me with the most joyous look on his face. I have a feeling he has been severely abused at some time, perhaps by kicking, b/c I tried to nudge him out of the way with my foot one time when he was blocking my path & my hands were full & he did some very nasty growling then too.
    I thought long & hard about just taking his collar & tag off & letting him try to find someone else but in the end I kept him but he is not allowed around children at all & I am very cautious with him.

#11309   2014/08/17 12:21AM
    Teri_ETC

Quote Blue 501: The sad thing is, around here, pets that are surrendered have a very high risk of being put down. One naive woman turned in her much loved family dog thinking they would find him a home with a nice big yard and she had moved from a house to an apartment. Within hours she changed her mind, called & said she was coming back for him but when she got there, her dog was already dead. They said he showed "signs of aggression". Poor boy.
    That is how I got my little biter. He showed up in the neighborhood, looking terrible, & several of us were feeding him. I took him to the vet & got him treated for fleas & worms & got him his shots but I did not really want a dog. But then one of the neighbors said she believed she would call animal control so they "could find him a good home". I thought that such a pretty & well behaved little dog did not deserve to die so I took him. When his fur grew out, he looked like a "Cavachon" (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel x Bichon). Impeccable manners, never any mess in the house. but he came in wet & muddy & I was scrubbing him with a towel & with no warning he went Cujo on me & bit me in six places. And yet he seemed to love me so much that he could not stand to be separated from me. One of the neighborhood kids had said "He won't let anyone touch his belly". Soon after that he crawled way up under the house & did not come out for several days. I wonder if he had an abscess or something. He was all right after that but the next time I tried to groom him he growled so now I just take him to the groomer when his coat gets long & tangled & warn them to muzzle him (& tip generously).
    You may wonder why I would even want a dog like him but when he sees me come home, he comes running to me with the most joyous look on his face. I have a feeling he has been severely abused at some time, perhaps by kicking, b/c I tried to nudge him out of the way with my foot one time when he was blocking my path & my hands were full & he did some very nasty growling then too.
    I thought long & hard about just taking his collar & tag off & letting him try to find someone else but in the end I kept him but he is not allowed around children at all & I am very cautious with him.

Krazy Kritter doesn't realize he shouldn't "bite the hand that feeds him..." Hope those bites were not too severe. You just gave me an idea for a s/l....how about Victor arrange for Ian Ward to be attacked by a pack of wild animals....OK, I digressed for a moment - my bad...

#11310   2014/08/17 02:14AM
    deceived

[quote]Quote Teri_ETC: [quote]Quote deceived: [quote]Quote Teri_ETC: [quote]Quote Blue 501: I went for a walk today & my little dog Sasha went with me. Near the end, I saw two slender little white dogs slip across the road. Both of them came up to us for the sniff test & followed us home. Both had curly fur with a pouf hanging over their shoe button eyes like Sasha does. I asked him if he had a secret. Sasha weighs about 24 pounds. The little lady dog looked like 12 pounds and had a very curly, clipped coat with a long pouffy tail. She was no bigger than our cats. The other was about half her size with a bobbed tail, a really tiny dog but similar. I figured them for a mother & son (the tiny one was digging up the turf so I figured he was a boy). I brought out some dry food & water & just waited. In a little while, a car pulled up. It was their family and they gathered them up & took them home. I was relieved. The smaller dog had no sense about cars & I am afraid he would not have survived long but I don't think my household could have handled any more kritters.

Good afternoon All!

I did not know those cats were called Tuxedo Cats... how cute is that???[/quote]

ITA they are cute!!

How are you D? I am inspired to know that you have survived two strokes. What can you do to prevent them? They run in my family also.[/quote]

I am 56, a on 3 different blood pressure meds... from the strokes... I take them twice a day, and I have a high blood pressure machine. IF I would have been educated on strokes they would have never happened in my opinion...
    The first stroke happened when I was 38. I was a reporter then also, at the same job I am at now... but I was raising my two oldest boys, handling my 24/7 job, a maid/nanny/babysitter. She was a big help, but I was still stressed as I was volunteering for 5 jobs at the church. In other words, I was one of those soccer moms that ate while she drove. Coffee, pizza, hamburger, chips, donuts. BAD diet, stress, adrenaline. I was at work typing I felt confused, dizzy, headache. I told my boss that I didn't feel very well. I got up to go to the bathroom, and fell down. All of a sudden I was paralyzed from the neck down... I could barely make out: "Help" My editor called 911 and anyways, I had a right-hemisphere brain stroke, which affects your memory, and feelings...so for a year I had to see a neurologist because I had total amnesia of my life... IT was so scary when my husband came to the hospital to take me home. I did not know him, and fought the nurse to get into his car... long story short, I was put on about 9 prescriptions, through therapy, meds, after about a year, things came back to me... later I was able return to work... Then in 2006, I again had a hectic lifestyle, and was careless with my health...I had four transit mini-stokes on my left side, which left me with weakness in my arms and legs... I am okay now, still on 3 blood pressure meds, but I try to walk, and exercise, eat right, go to doctor appointments. AND I keep a blood pressure machine close to me...That is the first thing I do when I wake up.
    So, I think it is mostly preventable with education...

« 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list