List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/11/11 06:52PM, Views: 327647, Replies: 11435
    « 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 » »| page:
    #11281   2014/08/12 07:20AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    deceived

Quote Teri_ETC: Remembering Robin Williams...I pray his soul is at peace now. Nanno! Nanno!

R.I.P.
    I think 'Patch Adams' and 'Dead Poets Society' were his greatest movies that showcased his talents.

#11282   2014/08/12 04:45PM
    mayre

Quote deceived: THX to all Ladies. Sorry Blue for double posts...I did connect that mouse, but laptop still touchy... anyways... we will be getting 65 illegal children to our local elementary school... Two teachers started a new class teaching our children how to write and speak Spanish... instead of the other way around... guess it's the sign of the times...My husband wants to adopt or foster one of the little girls... I said YES!!! I had three boys, but miscarried twin girls way back when... so I am excited that my husband even brought this up! We can look at the glass half full or half empty... I am relying on the strength of God!!! Praise The Lord!!

So sorry for you loss.. I cannot even imagine going through such a thing...if you do foster/adopt lucky are the little ones---
    I'm curious about "who made the decision to teach spanish to english speaking students." ?? Has anyone asked that question?

#11283   2014/08/12 05:11PM
    deceived

Quote mayre:
    Quote deceived: THX to all Ladies. Sorry Blue for double posts...I did connect that mouse, but laptop still touchy... anyways... we will be getting 65 illegal children to our local elementary school... Two teachers started a new class teaching our children how to write and speak Spanish... instead of the other way around... guess it's the sign of the times...My husband wants to adopt or foster one of the little girls... I said YES!!! I had three boys, but miscarried twin girls way back when... so I am excited that my husband even brought this up! We can look at the glass half full or half empty... I am relying on the strength of God!!! Praise The Lord!!

So sorry for you loss.. I cannot even imagine going through such a thing...if you do foster/adopt lucky are the little ones---
    I'm curious about "who made the decision to teach spanish to english speaking students." ?? Has anyone asked that question?

These two teachers are doing it as volunteer at this time... my children had to learn Spanish to graduate... I think it has to do with states... example back when I lived in Mississippi back when my dad was dying of lung and brain cancer, I took my two oldest boys, I put them in public school, and they forced them to learn about the Civil War, slaves and all... It was uncomfortable for some students and also my boys as I am German married to a Mexican, so my boys are half-breeds...
    Also, in our south Texas town, it's 85 percent Mexican, mostly Spanish speaking... I had to learn Spanish to be a reporter for the newspaper...so really it's a plus for the children to learn Spanish as we are getting around 65 illegal children who are enrolled for this year. HOPE that helps... A principle here in Texas was fired last week for not conforming to this rule. You cannot even get a job down here unless you are bi-lingual. WE are being called 'Little Mexico' now.

#11284   2014/08/12 06:33PM
    mayre

[quote]Quote deceived: [quote]Quote mayre: [quote]Quote deceived: THX to all Ladies. Sorry Blue for double posts...I did connect that mouse, but laptop still touchy... anyways... we will be getting 65 illegal children to our local elementary school... Two teachers started a new class teaching our children how to write and speak Spanish... instead of the other way around... guess it's the sign of the times...My husband wants to adopt or foster one of the little girls... I said YES!!! I had three boys, but miscarried twin girls way back when... so I am excited that my husband even brought this up! We can look at the glass half full or half empty... I am relying on the strength of God!!! Praise The Lord!![/quote]

I'm curious about "who made the decision to teach spanish to english speaking students." ?? Has anyone asked that question?[/quote]

These two teachers are doing it as volunteer at this time... my children had to learn Spanish to graduate... I think it has to do with states... example back when I lived in Mississippi back when my dad was dying of lung and brain cancer, I took my two oldest boys, I put them in public school, and they forced them to learn about the Civil War, slaves and all... It was uncomfortable for some students and also my boys as I am German married to a Mexican, so my boys are half-breeds...
    Also, in our south Texas town, it's 85 percent Mexican, mostly Spanish speaking... I had to learn Spanish to be a reporter for the newspaper...so really it's a plus for the children to learn Spanish as we are getting around 65 illegal children who are enrolled for this year. HOPE that helps... A principle here in Texas was fired last week for not conforming to this rule. You cannot even get a job down here unless you are bi-lingual. WE are being called 'Little Mexico' now.[/quote]

Good for the principle for sticking to his/her convictions-
    "You cannot even get a job down here unless you are bi-lingual. WE are being called 'Little Mexico' now.[/quote]

This has been the case here in Central Ca for a very long time and is only getting more so.

#11285   2014/08/13 12:36AM
    Teri_ETC

Quote deceived:
    Quote Teri_ETC: Remembering Robin Williams...I pray his soul is at peace now. Nanno! Nanno!

R.I.P.
    I think 'Patch Adams' and 'Dead Poets Society' were his greatest movies that showcased his talents.

I had forgot about Dead Poet's Society - Loved it! Robin was so talented. The SF Chronicle dedicated three pages to Robin on today. I purchased a copy for keepsake.

Yesterday a local bus driver told me how back in the day he went to a local East Bay Area card club to play and drink with some friends. At some point, the club announced Robin Williams would be doing some stand-up comedy. At the time Robin was not famous; however, the guy said Robin had the club rolling on the floor in stitches. That was the first time he became aware of Robin Williams.

He made so many people laugh, so sad to know he himself was depressed....

#11286   2014/08/13 09:39AM
    PixiePower

Hello to all my wonderful friends! Hope you are all happy and healthy and enjoying the dog days of summer.So much going on all over the world most of it bad.Sure wish we could have one day with nothing but happy news! But that is something that will probably never happen.We just have to trust in the Lord and try to make our own happiness! I choose to be positive!

So nice of you to foster one of the little girls Deceived.That is a very nice thing for you and your husband to do.I am so sorry about your tragic loss. That is so sad.(((hugs)))I,too was so saddened by the death of Robin Williams as he was always one of my favorite actors and comedians.Just so senseless and heartbreaking.

I have to run as I have a ton of things to get done on my one day off this week.Hope you all have a great day and stay blessed.

#11287   2014/08/13 12:44PM
    Blue 501

Robin Williams brought laughter to so many but he must have been hurting so badly himself. I wonder if he was bipolar. It is a lot more common than most people realize.

#11288   2014/08/13 12:52PM
    Blue 501

D, if you can handle it, I think you should try to foster two little girls: sisters or two close in age. It will make it easier for them. It is wonderful that you speak Spanish. That will go a long way to smoothing problems too.
    I feel so sorry for Russian children who come here, some of them traumatized by years in an orphanage with very little in the way of comforts, and then there is no one who speaks their language. I asked my husband, early in our marriage, if he wanted to adopt a Russian child but he said we were too old. True, and three years later I had to start taking care of my mother, who is now 98 & has been with me for 10 years. I think that would have been way more than I can handle.

#11289   2014/08/13 10:31PM
    Teri_ETC

Quote Blue 501: Good morning all. Here is an odd thing. I have been whining about losing almost my entire peach crop to worms & rot b/c I did no t have the energy to spray them very much. Well, there is a volunteer peach tree in the flower bed in the front yard in pretty much full sun. I did not spray it at all & did not fertilize it either. I noticed today that all the peaches had fallen off except those on one branch. I picked three of them & they did not have a trace of any disease. Isn't that weird? Unfortunately, the peaches are not much bigger than a 50 cent coin but they are fragrant and free stone. Do you suppose not spraying them caused the birds to do pest control? There is about a bushel of them on the ground but kritters have been munching on them & I am trying to get ready to leave on a trip but I will keep this in mind for the future.
    We are leaving tomorrow to go to Williamsburg to the Great Wolf Lodge. My daughter wants to enjoy their indoor water park which is supposed to have toddler friendly features and they won't get sunburned. Wish me luck. We are taking Mama too. She is 98 so I had better take something to read. I doubt I will get out much but at least I have seen Williamsburg several times.

Hi Blue 501 !

Are you still on holiday with your family ? I've been missing your fresh brewed coffees....Hope you got some good deals on gas during your travels. Looks like the prices are going down a little here in Cali. Be Safe and Happy Trails!!!!

#11290   2014/08/14 10:14AM
    Blue 501

Quote Teri_ETC:
    Quote Blue 501: Good morning all. Here is an odd thing. I have been whining about losing almost my entire peach crop to worms & rot b/c I did no t have the energy to spray them very much. Well, there is a volunteer peach tree in the flower bed in the front yard in pretty much full sun. I did not spray it at all & did not fertilize it either. I noticed today that all the peaches had fallen off except those on one branch. I picked three of them & they did not have a trace of any disease. Isn't that weird? Unfortunately, the peaches are not much bigger than a 50 cent coin but they are fragrant and free stone. Do you suppose not spraying them caused the birds to do pest control? There is about a bushel of them on the ground but kritters have been munching on them & I am trying to get ready to leave on a trip but I will keep this in mind for the future.
    We are leaving tomorrow to go to Williamsburg to the Great Wolf Lodge. My daughter wants to enjoy their indoor water park which is supposed to have toddler friendly features and they won't get sunburned. Wish me luck. We are taking Mama too. She is 98 so I had better take something to read. I doubt I will get out much but at least I have seen Williamsburg several times.

Hi Blue 501 !

Are you still on holiday with your family ? I've been missing your fresh brewed coffees....Hope you got some good deals on gas during your travels. Looks like the prices are going down a little here in Cali. Be Safe and Happy Trails!!!!

We only stayed two nights. That was more than enough for Great Wolf Lodge. It would have been nice to extend the vacation a few days and see Colonial Williamsburg again but so many things had gone wrong we just wanted to get home. This is the last time I ever want to travel with a 98 year old woman & a toddler.Thank you for your good wishes, Who knows what else might have gone wrong? lol

« 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list