List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/11/11 06:52PM, Views: 327777, Replies: 11435
    « 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 » »| page:
    #11271   2014/08/09 07:28AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    deceived

Quote Skyemichelle:
    Quote deceived: HI Ladies!!! Been real busy at my job... and at our ranch... I woke up this morning and saw our town, again, in the news, Brooks Co, Falfurrias, TX... We live about 10 miles out of town on a 200 acre cattle ranch, and for many years struggled through the illegal crisis... it just didn't start, but now we are in the news with the number of deaths in our county... they even showed the detention center where my two daughter-in-laws work as guards... one of my boys worked there at the sheriffs office until they went working with the pipeline. LOL...they showed a chase down our side country road alongside our ranch... they catch a lot there where the coyotes pick up illegals there... once the border patrol found 50 hiding on our back lot... we fix a lot of fences, and clean up a lot of waste... but we leave out clothes and water... anyways... we were on CBS This Morning, maybe they will show I again... this morning or today...
    You will be able to see our barren land filled with mesquite trees, cacti, and dry brush and sticker weeds... we are in a third year of drought.... it was a 111 degrees yesterday... so many die in the desert heat...so sad...
    My friends husband, retired as a border patrol last month,,, could not take it any more. I have known them, and their kids grew up with my kids over 30 years... they moved up to Dallas...
    WELL. I will have a cup of your coffee...C[~]
    D I have been thinking of you and intend to come in here to post to you every time I get on to ask you how it's going down there. We up here in Dallas hate what is happening especially the children. It breaks my heart. The fact that you leave out clothes and water says a lot about your character but it's a shame that this happens so close to your home. Bless you and all dealing with situation.

#11272   2014/08/09 07:28AM
    deceived

Quote Skyemichelle:
    Quote deceived: HI Ladies!!! Been real busy at my job... and at our ranch... I woke up this morning and saw our town, again, in the news, Brooks Co, Falfurrias, TX... We live about 10 miles out of town on a 200 acre cattle ranch, and for many years struggled through the illegal crisis... it just didn't start, but now we are in the news with the number of deaths in our county... they even showed the detention center where my two daughter-in-laws work as guards... one of my boys worked there at the sheriffs office until they went working with the pipeline. LOL...they showed a chase down our side country road alongside our ranch... they catch a lot there where the coyotes pick up illegals there... once the border patrol found 50 hiding on our back lot... we fix a lot of fences, and clean up a lot of waste... but we leave out clothes and water... anyways... we were on CBS This Morning, maybe they will show I again... this morning or today...
    You will be able to see our barren land filled with mesquite trees, cacti, and dry brush and sticker weeds... we are in a third year of drought.... it was a 111 degrees yesterday... so many die in the desert heat...so sad...
    My friends husband, retired as a border patrol last month,,, could not take it any more. I have known them, and their kids grew up with my kids over 30 years... they moved up to Dallas...
    WELL. I will have a cup of your coffee...C[~]
    D I have been thinking of you and intend to come in here to post to you every time I get on to ask you how it's going down there. We up here in Dallas hate what is happening especially the children. It breaks my heart. The fact that you leave out clothes and water says a lot about your character but it's a shame that this happens so close to your home. Bless you and all dealing with situation.

#11273   2014/08/09 07:48AM
    deceived

THX to all Ladies. Sorry Blue for double posts...I did connect that mouse, but laptop still touchy... anyways... we will be getting 65 illegal children to our local elementary school... Two teachers started a new class teaching our children how to write and speak Spanish... instead of the other way around... guess it's the sign of the times...My husband wants to adopt or foster one of the little girls... I said YES!!! I had three boys, but miscarried twin girls way back when... so I am excited that my husband even brought this up! We can look at the glass half full or half empty... I am relying on the strength of God!!! Praise The Lord!!

#11274   2014/08/09 01:11PM
    Blue 501

Quote deceived: THX to all Ladies. Sorry Blue for double posts...I did connect that mouse, but laptop still touchy... anyways... we will be getting 65 illegal children to our local elementary school... Two teachers started a new class teaching our children how to write and speak Spanish... instead of the other way around... guess it's the sign of the times...My husband wants to adopt or foster one of the little girls... I said YES!!! I had three boys, but miscarried twin girls way back when... so I am excited that my husband even brought this up! We can look at the glass half full or half empty... I am relying on the strength of God!!! Praise The Lord!!

What a wonderful idea, D! You have such a kind heart.

#11275   2014/08/09 01:24PM
    Blue 501

It is 70ish here & pouring down rain. I have been soaked twice already. But once was my own fault. I saw a crow flying off with a peach in his beak & discovered the peach seedling in the front flowerbed has ripened its crop. I picked 5 gallons . I usually don't bother with them b/c they are small but we lost nearly all the "good" peaches this year. For some reason, these do not show any sign of rot or insect infestation. And the skin slips right off & they are freestone so they are not too tedious to fix. Greenish white flesh with a red blush. What a nice surprise. The flavor is not as good as my Georgia Belle but it is so amazing that so many of them are edible when I did not even fertilize them or spray them at all this year.

#11276   2014/08/09 08:02PM
    Skyemichelle

Quote deceived: THX to all Ladies. Sorry Blue for double posts...I did connect that mouse, but laptop still touchy... anyways... we will be getting 65 illegal children to our local elementary school... Two teachers started a new class teaching our children how to write and speak Spanish... instead of the other way around... guess it's the sign of the times...My husband wants to adopt or foster one of the little girls... I said YES!!! I had three boys, but miscarried twin girls way back when... so I am excited that my husband even brought this up! We can look at the glass half full or half empty... I am relying on the strength of God!!! Praise The Lord!!
    What a wonderful thing D. God bless you and your husband!

#11277   2014/08/11 08:23AM
    Teri_ETC

Good Morning Lost Kritters! I hope and pray that this day and upcoming week finds you all in the best possible health and wealth. I am assuming Blue 501 is still on vacation because I do not smell any coffee brewing in the clubhouse....

So, I guess I'll put on the tea kettle and brew a cup of Green Tea leaves with a squeeze of orange and slice a bowl of fresh nectarines, plums, strawberries and grapes.

Still thinking about that delicious peach pie we had last week!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/11 08:24AM
    #11278   2014/08/11 12:30PM
    Calypso

Thanks for the treat, Teri, I love sweetness of fruit at this time of year.

Deceived, I am in awe of you, one who is willing to foster one of those children. You deserve a gold star!!!!!

I am just lazin' away at the beach waiting for Sept when all the TRAFFIC goes away. I know that tourism is big business here, so I tolerate it.

We did take the telescope out last night to see the Suoer Moon, and it was awesome, shining light on the water. Plus the stars were so bright , and we could make out the constellations. We saw no pieces of he Perseid Meteor shower, but might have more luck tonight or tomorrow.

#11279   2014/08/11 11:33PM
    Teri_ETC

Quote Calypso: Thanks for the treat, Teri, I love sweetness of fruit at this time of year.

Deceived, I am in awe of you, one who is willing to foster one of those children. You deserve a gold star!!!!!

I am just lazin' away at the beach waiting for Sept when all the TRAFFIC goes away. I know that tourism is big business here, so I tolerate it.

We did take the telescope out last night to see the Suoer Moon, and it was awesome, shining light on the water. Plus the stars were so bright , and we could make out the constellations. We saw no pieces of he Perseid Meteor shower, but might have more luck tonight or tomorrow.

Calypso: I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy the Supermoon. I missed the best part - the illusion as it first rises on the horizon; by the time I got outside the moon was already high in the sky, but it was still noticeably larger than usual. Tonight I saw it as it was first rising and it was still pretty big. Full Moon inna da sky tonite!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/11 11:35PM
    #11280   2014/08/11 11:38PM
    Teri_ETC

Remembering Robin Williams...I pray his soul is at peace now. Nanno! Nanno!

« 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list