List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/11/11 06:52PM, Views: 327697, Replies: 11435
    « 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 » »| page:
    #11241   2014/08/04 06:29AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Blue 501

Good morning! Who wants some peach pie!? Sumatran coffee with Bailey's flavored cream. Czar Nicholas II tea.
    We are having a very rainy week. We won't get any of the wind from Bertha but when there is a hurricane off shore we always get a deluge. During a dry interval yesterday I went out & swept up all the fallen crape myrtle blossoms off the deck. I got ten gallons of them for the compost. The last few daylilies are blossoming, never more than 6 vs 100's in the season. With all this rain, I might get a little bit of rebloom bur probably not. Most of them have to throw their energy into ripening the pods on them. I pollinated so many of them. I really ought to try to sell some of my plants but some people won't buy unnamed daylilies. (I have named a lot of them but none of them are registered & it is a lot of trouble & expense to register one, esp. when you have hundreds of different ones & the professional breeders plant thousands to come up with a few unique enough to merit registering).I have 3 pages of exciting names written down, after naming one after a lot of my family members. I have a large clump of a bright salmon with dark purple heart called Ocsana's Baby. It's a third generation plant & very vigorous. Named for my step-daughter. I have never met her. She has tried several times to get a visa to come visit us. She lives in a former Soviet Republic & is an attorney & Lt. Colonel. I don't know if that is the reason but the US Embassy seems to grant visas to less than 1% of requests from citizens of her country. They are afraid they will try to stay here, I guess. She is tall (5'10), blonde, & beautiful.

#11242   2014/08/04 12:59PM
    Teri_ETC

Quote Blue 501: Good morning! Who wants some peach pie!? Sumatran coffee with Bailey's flavored cream. Czar Nicholas II tea.
    We are having a very rainy week. We won't get any of the wind from Bertha but when there is a hurricane off shore we always get a deluge. During a dry interval yesterday I went out & swept up all the fallen crape myrtle blossoms off the deck. I got ten gallons of them for the compost. The last few daylilies are blossoming, never more than 6 vs 100's in the season. With all this rain, I might get a little bit of rebloom bur probably not. Most of them have to throw their energy into ripening the pods on them. I pollinated so many of them. I really ought to try to sell some of my plants but some people won't buy unnamed daylilies. (I have named a lot of them but none of them are registered & it is a lot of trouble & expense to register one, esp. when you have hundreds of different ones & the professional breeders plant thousands to come up with a few unique enough to merit registering).I have 3 pages of exciting names written down, after naming one after a lot of my family members. I have a large clump of a bright salmon with dark purple heart called Ocsana's Baby. It's a third generation plant & very vigorous. Named for my step-daughter. I have never met her. She has tried several times to get a visa to come visit us. She lives in a former Soviet Republic & is an attorney & Lt. Colonel. I don't know if that is the reason but the US Embassy seems to grant visas to less than 1% of requests from citizens of her country. They are afraid they will try to stay here, I guess. She is tall (5'10), blonde, & beautiful.

Good Day Blue 501!!! I wish we could see some photos of your flowers - I bet they are simply beautiful!! I'm assuming you use them to decorate in the house.

It's sunshine in Northern Cali - we need a hurricane....major drought over here - not a cloud in the sky...

#11243   2014/08/04 01:07PM
    Teri_ETC

Today's "Feel Good" Story...

Did anyone hear the news report about the errant drive by Professional golfer Sergio Garcia that actually knocked the diamond off a lady bystander's ring at the Ohio Professional Golf Tournament?

Good news: People were combing through the grass and eventually, someone ACTUALLY FOUND THE DIAMOND !!!!

Makes Jill and Colin's $18 Mil necklace in the chandelier s/l seem "almost" possible, eh...

Here's the link:

www.click2houston.com/sports/golfers-errant-drive-knocks-diamond-off-ring/272969... />
    Cheers!

#11244   2014/08/04 01:14PM
    Teri_ETC

Quote Blue 501: Good morning! Who wants some peach pie!? Sumatran coffee with Bailey's flavored cream. Czar Nicholas II tea.

And Yes I LOVE Peach Pie !!! Pulling up my chair to the kitchen table and tuckin in my napkin...

#11245   2014/08/04 01:46PM
    Blue 501

Quote Teri_ETC:

Good Day Blue 501!!! I wish we could see some photos of your flowers - I bet they are simply beautiful!! I'm assuming you use them to decorate in the house.

It's sunshine in Northern Cali - we need a hurricane....major drought over here - not a cloud in the sky...

Sometimes I pick the best blossoms of the day & float them in a saucer of water til the sun goes down, then compost them. I rarely cut a whole stalk b/c I want them for seed.I do have some pictures on my cell phone & a few on the computer but I don't think I can bring them here. You can google the registered ones & see what they look like. Some of my favorites are Blue Bird Sky, On the Web, Celebration of Angels, Crystal Blue Persuasion, & Darla Anita. I use some of those for breeding.

#11246   2014/08/04 01:58PM
    Blue 501

Quote Teri_ETC: Today's "Feel Good" Story...

Did anyone hear the news report about the errant drive by Professional golfer Sergio Garcia that actually knocked the diamond off a lady bystander's ring at the Ohio Professional Golf Tournament?

Good news: People were combing through the grass and eventually, someone ACTUALLY FOUND THE DIAMOND !!!!

Makes Jill and Colin's $18 Mil necklace in the chandelier s/l seem "almost" possible, eh...

Here's the link:

www.click2houston.com/sports/golfers-errant-drive-knocks-diamond-off-ring/272969... />
    Cheers!

That's great. If I focus, I am a very good "finder". I once found a small ruby crystal that I had dropped in the grass and I found a diamond ring that a friend's mother had lost at the beach. (She would probably be upset if she knew the reason I found it so quickly was b/c I had seen her pushing a stuck car & remembered b/c of her varicose veins). They had raked half the beach but I went to the ruts where the car had been, ran my fingers through the loose sand in the rut & Voila! I plucked it out like a cherry out of a pie.

#11247   2014/08/06 07:30AM
    PixiePower

Good morning to everyone! Hope you are all having a great August! Blue and Terri I am loving all your great posts and ir is a special treat to read them.Sorry I can't chime in too often but I do read when I can.Have a beautiful and blessed day friends and I will catch you all later!

#11248   2014/08/06 08:41AM
    countryMomof4

Good morning! I decided to dust the cobwebs off of myself and make an appearance. Just been really busy with a wedding coming and all.

Welcome to Teri. Glad to see another face added to the Club! I do like that feel good story you posted. That woman is so lucky! One girl I worked with forgot to take off her ring after being out the night before. When we were making all of the beds, the stone came lose and fell into the laundry. We dumped out everything but never found it. She had insurance but it was such a pretty stone-a pear shaped diamond.

Any peach pie left? I've had some tasty ones already. I like to make them into a crisp. Yummmm!

I will check out the names of those daylilys Blue. They sound lovely! I have some beautiful blooms this year too. I think my weeds are the healthiest plants I have right now.

#11249   2014/08/06 01:16PM
    Blue 501

Quote Teri_ETC:

What are you near?I lived in Berkeley for couple of months in the early 70's. There was something interesting to see every day there. I liked Stinson Beach, Sausalito, & Big Sur. We met a couple from Connecticut there. They were on the way to Mexico & we decided to give them a ride to the border. Lots of wonderful scenery on the way. Later they wrote & urged us to come down to Puerto Vallarts where they were, My bf would not but I went, stayed a month, & had a great time.

#11250   2014/08/06 01:20PM
    Blue 501

Quote PixiePower: Good morning to everyone! Hope you are all having a great August! Blue and Terri I am loving all your great posts and ir is a special treat to read them.Sorry I can't chime in too often but I do read when I can.Have a beautiful and blessed day friends and I will catch you all later!

I am always glad to see you, Pixie.You always seem so cheerful that you brighten my day.

« 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list