List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/12/07 05:20PM, Views: 332481, Replies: 11436
    « 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 » »| page:
    #11231   2014/08/01 08:49PM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Teri_ETC

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Teri_ETC:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Teri_ETC: Poking my head into the living room to see who's up and about...guess I'll sit in this comfy rocking chair and have a cup of tea and a muffin...hmmmmm...I like blueberry muffins. Trying to forget about the chaotic lives of my favorite characters....Y&R

Good morning! Aren't they a mess? The idea of a romance between Cassie (I mean Mariah) & Nick is just so gross!
    I have Brazilian Minas Gerais coffee, Russian Caravan tea, & fresh peaches from the trees out back. Orange & cranberry scones for the sweet cravings. Have a good day!

ITA that toying with the idea of hooking Nick and faux Cassie up is disgusting....one of many disastrous s/ls....

The Russian tea sounds delicious as does those fresh peaches.

I've been "pigging out" on cake all day. I went to coordinate with one department and the contact was retiring and they were serving one of favorite cakes - white chiffon cake with whip cream frosting and layered with strawberries.

Then later on in the afternoon we had chocolate cake with a chocolate whipped cream frosting and coffee as we wished another comrade happy retirement. And yes, I did grab an extra piece which I am enjoying after dinner tonite while viewing today's show.

I gonna have to step up my exercise routine this week.

I had a cake day recently too. HT had a lot of slices of cake marked down $2 or $3 a slice and I bought several. And ate one. Mama Mia! My blood sugar went wild! I know better. I used to have to take a double dose of insulin to cover a slice of cake & I am way worse now. My neighbor who loved cake icing ended up on dialysis & is dead now. I will try to be good.

Moderation is essential; however, when I "over do it", I do the following:

1. take 500 mcg of chromium picolinate, my sugar is lowered with in 12 -24 hours, provided I do not eat white rice, white flour products (including breads, cakes and pastries), white potatoes, or white processed sugar.

Have you tried STEVIA ?

2. Also do not eat within 2 hours of bedtime.

3. And walk for 15 - 20 minutes after each meal. This will help lower blood sugar.

I've avoided being placed on diabetes medication for nearly a decade now by doing these things to control my blood sugar.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/01 08:58PM
    #11232   2014/08/01 09:05PM
    Teri_ETC

I want to plant something in a planter I have on my doorstep; but I am not sure what plant to choose any ideas?

I was hoping for something either edible and/or fragrant; however, I do not want to attract wildlife or insects (I don't mind the birds or butterflies coming around) - after Blue's experience I especially do not want to attract snakes .

Or maybe a pretty flower that I can harvest and place into vases in my home.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/01 09:10PM
    #11233   2014/08/02 06:58AM
    Blue 501

Quote Teri_ETC:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Teri_ETC:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Teri_ETC: Poking my head into the living room to see who's up and about...guess I'll sit in this comfy rocking chair and have a cup of tea and a muffin...hmmmmm...I like blueberry muffins. Trying to forget about the chaotic lives of my favorite characters....Y&R

Good morning! Aren't they a mess? The idea of a romance between Cassie (I mean Mariah) & Nick is just so gross!
    I have Brazilian Minas Gerais coffee, Russian Caravan tea, & fresh peaches from the trees out back. Orange & cranberry scones for the sweet cravings. Have a good day!

ITA that toying with the idea of hooking Nick and faux Cassie up is disgusting....one of many disastrous s/ls....

The Russian tea sounds delicious as does those fresh peaches.

I've been "pigging out" on cake all day. I went to coordinate with one department and the contact was retiring and they were serving one of favorite cakes - white chiffon cake with whip cream frosting and layered with strawberries.

Then later on in the afternoon we had chocolate cake with a chocolate whipped cream frosting and coffee as we wished another comrade happy retirement. And yes, I did grab an extra piece which I am enjoying after dinner tonite while viewing today's show.

I gonna have to step up my exercise routine this week.

I had a cake day recently too. HT had a lot of slices of cake marked down $2 or $3 a slice and I bought several. And ate one. Mama Mia! My blood sugar went wild! I know better. I used to have to take a double dose of insulin to cover a slice of cake & I am way worse now. My neighbor who loved cake icing ended up on dialysis & is dead now. I will try to be good.

Moderation is essential; however, when I "over do it", I do the following:

1. take 500 mcg of chromium picolinate, my sugar is lowered with in 12 -24 hours, provided I do not eat white rice, white flour products (including breads, cakes and pastries), white potatoes, or white processed sugar.

Have you tried STEVIA ?

2. Also do not eat within 2 hours of bedtime.

3. And walk for 15 - 20 minutes after each meal. This will help lower blood sugar.

I've avoided being placed on diabetes medication for nearly a decade now by doing these things to control my blood sugar.

Thank you for the hints but my diabetes behaves more like Type I. My pancreas makes almost no insulin so I literally have to cover every bite of food I eat with insulin. Exercise does help though. Once when I dug a huge trench in my clay soil to plant some bulbs, I crashed so bad & it was nearly 12 hours before I needed any more insulin.I asked a diabetes educator about it & she said the unusually heavy exercise had depleted the glucagon stores in my liver so it was taking the glucose from what I ate to replenish the stores.

#11234   2014/08/02 07:03AM
    Blue 501

[quote]Quote Teri_ETC: I want to plant something in a planter I have on my doorstep; but I am not sure what plant to choose any ideas?

I was hoping for something either edible and/or fragrant; however, I do not want to attract wildlife or insects (I don't mind the birds or butterflies coming around) - after Blue's experience I especially do not want to attract snakes .
    Maybe a miniature gardenia for fragrance. Maybe herbs for greenness & something to use in the kitchen. Maybe Pixie tomatoes or miniature pepper plants with multi-colored fruit. Sorry, it is so late in the season. Pansies do well in cool weather.

Or maybe a pretty flower that I can harvest and place into vases in my home.[/qu

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/02 07:05AM
    #11235   2014/08/03 08:01PM
    Teri_ETC

Maybe a miniature gardenia for fragrance. Maybe herbs for greenness & something to use in the kitchen. Maybe Pixie tomatoes or miniature pepper plants with multi-colored fruit. Sorry, it is so late in the season. Pansies do well in cool weather.
    ===================================================
    Thanks for the suggestions Blue501 - I love the small gardenias! I live next to my condominium's security gate and the gate has been planted with pink and white flowers. I believe the small white flowers are gardenias - they are very fragrant!!

I was thinking of maybe a lavender plant and citronella on the front doorstep.

And I am considering a planter rack on one or more of my back patios that will have the hanging tomato plant, some parsley, basil, strawberries, a peppermint and/or spearmint plant and more citronella.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/03 08:04PM
    #11236   2014/08/03 08:12PM
    Blue 501

Quote Teri_ETC: Maybe a miniature gardenia for fragrance. Maybe herbs for greenness & something to use in the kitchen. Maybe Pixie tomatoes or miniature pepper plants with multi-colored fruit. Sorry, it is so late in the season. Pansies do well in cool weather.
    ===================================================
    Thanks for the suggestions Blue501 - I love the small gardenias! I live next to my condominium's security gate and the gate has been planted with pink and white flowers. I believe the small white flowers are gardenias - they are very fragrant!!

I was thinking of maybe a lavender plant and citronella on the front doorstep.

And I am considering a planter rack on one or more of my back patios that will have the hanging tomato plant, some parsley, basil, strawberries, a peppermint and/or spearmint plant and more citronella.

Those sound like good ideas. I had a lavender plant in the garden that survived for years. It got as big as a bushel basket. I liked to pinch off a few leaves & rub them on my skin when I was out there.

#11237   2014/08/03 08:18PM
    Teri_ETC

OK, I am trying to add an image , no luck so far....

Modified 4 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/03 08:23PM
    #11238   2014/08/03 08:42PM
    Teri_ETC

Hope everyone had a chance to enjoy the sun this past weekend!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/03 08:48PM
    #11239   2014/08/03 08:59PM
    Teri_ETC

OK, still no luck posting images...uuuggghhhh...guess I have a cup of orange tea and retire to bed...nite!nite!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/03 09:01PM
    #11240   2014/08/04 06:02AM
    Teri_ETC

Good Morning All!

Sunrise is in effect here in Northern Cali. I pray all is as well as can be for you , your families, and friends. May today reveal good news, many smiles, and lots of hugs ! Be Blessed!

I'm off to work - preparing to repair a clogged storm drain on our beloved Crissy Field Beach in San Francisco. I love this Project site not only because of the beach and ocean - I also love the views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and Angel Island.

Guess I'll grab a cup of fresh brewed hazelnut coffee and two nectarines as I head out the door.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/04 06:06AM
    « 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list