List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/12/07 05:20PM, Views: 332097, Replies: 11436
    « 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 » »| page:
    #11221   2014/07/30 03:30PM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    PixiePower

Quote Blue 501: I spotted something wonderful today. Morels! Growing in someone's mulched side yard. I didn't stop b/c I had a load of perishable groceries in the car. Would it be too terrible to knock on the door, introduce myself, and say "Pardon me M'am, are you going to eat those?" (If anyone does not know, Morels are about the best tasting mushroom in the world. It is the one with a cone-shaped cap with ruffles. I have never been lucky enough to find any growing but I know one when I see one!

Go for it Blue.The neighbor probably has no idea what they are! lol Seriously they might be happy to share.Good luck!!

#11222   2014/07/30 03:34PM
    PixiePower

Quote Calypso: Hi Kritters!!!

It's been awhile since I've visited, and I'm so happy to see lots of visitors to our clubhouse. Welcome Pixie and Teri!!!
    It looks like Blue has made everyone welcome and has cleaned up a bit to get the dust off everything. Before I leave, I'll feed the kitties.

It's a beautiful day here at the beach, warm and sunny and little to no wind, which is unusual. This morning, the ocean looked like glass. The water is getting to it's warmest here, low 70s.

I went to my local Farmer's Market this morning, and got tons of fresh native veggies ( I have a small veggie garden, but haven't had much of a yield yet)
    The market is great with all kinds of produce, fish, baked goods, and herbs. There are also soaps, salsas, oils, etc. It's fun to talk to all the vendors and folks strolling about.

Going to make something good for supper for the Captain.....not sure yet, but I'll use the fish I got today. (Fresh caught sole)

Happy Day Everyone.

Thanks for the warm welcome Calypso!I love your name and picture! How wonderful to live by the sea.I love the ocean but am a long ways from it.The Farmer's Markets are so great this time of year.I love all the fresh veggies and fruit.Hope your supper is delicious and you and the Captain have a lovely evening!

#11223   2014/07/30 07:46PM
    Teri_ETC

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Teri_ETC: Poking my head into the living room to see who's up and about...guess I'll sit in this comfy rocking chair and have a cup of tea and a muffin...hmmmmm...I like blueberry muffins. Trying to forget about the chaotic lives of my favorite characters....Y&R

Good morning! Aren't they a mess? The idea of a romance between Cassie (I mean Mariah) & Nick is just so gross!
    I have Brazilian Minas Gerais coffee, Russian Caravan tea, & fresh peaches from the trees out back. Orange & cranberry scones for the sweet cravings. Have a good day!

ITA that toying with the idea of hooking Nick and faux Cassie up is disgusting....one of many disastrous s/ls....

The Russian tea sounds delicious as does those fresh peaches.

I've been "pigging out" on cake all day. I went to coordinate with one department and the contact was retiring and they were serving one of favorite cakes - white chiffon cake with whip cream frosting and layered with strawberries.

Then later on in the afternoon we had chocolate cake with a chocolate whipped cream frosting and coffee as we wished another comrade happy retirement. And yes, I did grab an extra piece which I am enjoying after dinner tonite while viewing today's show.

I gonna have to step up my exercise routine this week.

#11224   2014/07/30 07:54PM
    Teri_ETC

It's been awhile since I've visited, and I'm so happy to see lots of visitors to our clubhouse. Welcome Pixie and Teri!!!
    It looks like Blue has made everyone welcome and has cleaned up a bit to get the dust off everything. Before I leave, I'll feed the kitties.

It's a beautiful day here at the beach, warm and sunny and little to no wind, which is unusual. This morning, the ocean looked like glass. The water is getting to it's warmest here, low 70s.

I went to my local Farmer's Market this morning, and got tons of fresh native veggies ( I have a small veggie garden, but haven't had much of a yield yet)
    The market is great with all kinds of produce, fish, baked goods, and herbs. There are also soaps, salsas, oils, etc. It's fun to talk to all the vendors and folks strolling about.

Going to make something good for supper for the Captain.....not sure yet, but I'll use the fish I got today. (Fresh caught sole)

Happy Day Everyone.

Thanks for the warm welcome calypso!! When I was on a Carri bean cruise I was amazed at how blue the water was - it was so clear, you could see the fish swimming near the boat.

The fish actually swim up to the boat the get food - the driver stopped the boat and the deck hands threw bread into the water, then the fish swarm the area in droves!!! All you needed was a net and you couldn't miss catching at least one!!!

#11225   2014/07/31 06:26AM
    Blue 501

Quote Teri_ETC:

Happy Day Everyone.

Thanks for the warm welcome calypso!! When I was on a Carri bean cruise I was amazed at how blue the water was - it was so clear, you could see the fish swimming near the boat.

The fish actually swim up to the boat the get food - the driver stopped the boat and the deck hands threw bread into the water, then the fish swarm the area in droves!!! All you needed was a net and you couldn't miss catching at least one!!!

That sounds interesting. I stayed at a hotel on the beach at Cancun & could not believe how many shades of blue you could see, clear out to the horizon.

#11226   2014/07/31 06:29AM
    Blue 501

There was a "natural aquarium" at Xelha, a large pool with a coral buildup at the mouth that kept out large predators and allowed colorful small fish to flourish. So pretty.

#11227   2014/08/01 11:48AM
    Blue 501

Quote Teri_ETC:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Teri_ETC: Poking my head into the living room to see who's up and about...guess I'll sit in this comfy rocking chair and have a cup of tea and a muffin...hmmmmm...I like blueberry muffins. Trying to forget about the chaotic lives of my favorite characters....Y&R

Good morning! Aren't they a mess? The idea of a romance between Cassie (I mean Mariah) & Nick is just so gross!
    I have Brazilian Minas Gerais coffee, Russian Caravan tea, & fresh peaches from the trees out back. Orange & cranberry scones for the sweet cravings. Have a good day!

ITA that toying with the idea of hooking Nick and faux Cassie up is disgusting....one of many disastrous s/ls....

The Russian tea sounds delicious as does those fresh peaches.

I've been "pigging out" on cake all day. I went to coordinate with one department and the contact was retiring and they were serving one of favorite cakes - white chiffon cake with whip cream frosting and layered with strawberries.

Then later on in the afternoon we had chocolate cake with a chocolate whipped cream frosting and coffee as we wished another comrade happy retirement. And yes, I did grab an extra piece which I am enjoying after dinner tonite while viewing today's show.

I gonna have to step up my exercise routine this week.

I had a cake day recently too. HT had a lot of slices of cake marked down $2 or $3 a slice and I bought several. And ate one. Mama Mia! My blood sugar went wild! I know better. I used to have to take a double dose of insulin to cover a slice of cake & I am way worse now. My neighbor who loved cake icing ended up on dialysis & is dead now. I will try to be good.

#11228   2014/08/01 11:52AM
    Blue 501

The joke's on me! I got my nerve up & stopped at the house where I thought I saw morels the other day. All of them had melted in the heavy rain but there were three new ones popping up. The people were friendly & told me to help myself. At first they smelled great but driving along they began to smell a bit strong. I stopped at the library & checked out a Mushroom Guide. NOT Morels! They were Netted Stinkhorns, I think.Obviously NOT edible. lol.

#11229   2014/08/01 07:58PM
    PixiePower

Quote Blue 501: The joke's on me! I got my nerve up & stopped at the house where I thought I saw morels the other day. All of them had melted in the heavy rain but there were three new ones popping up. The people were friendly & told me to help myself. At first they smelled great but driving along they began to smell a bit strong. I stopped at the library & checked out a Mushroom Guide. NOT Morels! They were Netted Stinkhorns, I think.Obviously NOT edible. lol.

Oh no Blue! Good thing you checked them out before you tasted of them.But with them smelling so strong I am sure it wouldn't have come to that! lol Too bad.I hope you will find some real morels the next time.

#11230   2014/08/01 08:36PM
    Teri_ETC

Quote Blue 501: The joke's on me! I got my nerve up & stopped at the house where I thought I saw morels the other day. All of them had melted in the heavy rain but there were three new ones popping up. The people were friendly & told me to help myself. At first they smelled great but driving along they began to smell a bit strong. I stopped at the library & checked out a Mushroom Guide. NOT Morels! They were Netted Stinkhorns, I think.Obviously NOT edible. lol.

I know you aware aware that you must be cautious when picking wild mushrooms...many have mistakenly picked the poisonous ones, I read on eHow that they grow quickly (about 4 weeks).

I like mushrooms in my spaghetti sauce. Yummm!!!!

« 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list