List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/30 03:38PM, Views: 318212, Replies: 11408
    « 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 » »| page:
    #10881   2014/03/26 06:37AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    deceived

Quote countryMomof4: I'll bring the sunscreen but think I'll leave the bikini at home. Don't want to scare people!

I would just love to be able to wear some flip-flops and no parka! It is well below freezing up here with some snow squalls later this afternoon. BUT tomorrow is above freezing and it looks like it will stay that way.

Those that are in the way of this storm on the east coast need to hunker down and just get through it. Hopefully it's the last big one of the season.

Give those ducks and turtles an extra bit of breakfast from me deceived. Our ponds still have a skin of ice on them.

When I was young up in Detroit, we had a swimming pool in the back yard, my mother way up in her 50's and even 60's would go out in her bathing suit and sun and swim...now, when I tried that at a few years ago at 53 at our city swimming pool, my son said he was embarrassed... but as I looked into the mirror I looked just like I looked at 20... wondering how that happened..
    No, we don't want to be 2 scary grandmas...
    So, I admire Bobbysox!!!

#10882   2014/03/26 06:44AM
    Skyemichelle

Quote countryMomof4: I'll bring the sunscreen but think I'll leave the bikini at home. Don't want to scare people!

I would just love to be able to wear some flip-flops and no parka! It is well below freezing up here with some snow squalls later this afternoon. BUT tomorrow is above freezing and it looks like it will stay that way.

Those that are in the way of this storm on the east coast need to hunker down and just get through it. Hopefully it's the last big one of the season.

Give those ducks and turtles an extra bit of breakfast from me deceived. Our ponds still have a skin of ice on them.
    I bet you are sick of the cold. We just got back from a week in the mountains in Colorado and it snowed so much that I couldn't even see the mountains. Husband loved it for skiing though. Burrrr. I hope y'all melt real soon!

#10883   2014/03/26 06:48AM
    BobbiSox

I never heard of Javelina; thank goodness for the internet so I can look it up. Sorry you are being effected by this drought. It's effecting so many regions of our country. My daughter (in Los Angeles) had an earthquake last week; maybe it was due to the drought? What comes with the first rain after a drought can be bad news too, from what I remember there can be flooding. Hope Mother Nature will straighten this out soon. She's sleeping in the job!

#10884   2014/03/26 06:53AM
    deceived

Quote BobbiSox: I never heard of Javelina; thank goodness for the internet so I can look it up. Sorry you are being effected by this drought. It's effecting so many regions of our country. My daughter (in Los Angeles) had an earthquake last week; maybe it was due to the drought? What comes with the first rain after a drought can be bad news too, from what I remember there can be flooding. Hope Mother Nature will straighten this out soon. She's sleeping in the job!

Some spell it with an H Havelina. We Mexicans, I'm Mexican by injection, spell it with a J Javelina. I really think we had a small earthquake up around San Antonio last week or so, I need to stay on top of that...

#10885   2014/03/26 06:54AM
    Skyemichelle

Quote BobbiSox: I never heard of Javelina; thank goodness for the internet so I can look it up. Sorry you are being effected by this drought. It's effecting so many regions of our country. My daughter (in Los Angeles) had an earthquake last week; maybe it was due to the drought? What comes with the first rain after a drought can be bad news too, from what I remember there can be flooding. Hope Mother Nature will straighten this out soon. She's sleeping in the job!
    We have had many tiny earthquakes in Texas west of Fort Worth. People are saying they are happening because of all the drilling. But we are in a drought also. I heard about the LA quake.

#10886   2014/03/26 07:00AM
    deceived

Quote Skyemichelle:
    We have had many tiny earthquakes in Texas west of Fort Worth. People are saying they are happening because of all the drilling. But we are in a drought also. I heard about the LA quake.

THX Sky...lots of drilling going on all around us on the ranches here...plus a 3 year + drought... like I said, our foundation of our house has actually shifted...we have cracks in our brick and ceramic tile. I will check this out.. I remember hearing of small earthquakes. I think we are on a fault line also... YIKES!!!

#10887   2014/03/26 07:11AM
    BobbiSox

Quote deceived:
    Quote Skyemichelle:

THX Sky...lots of drilling going on all around us on the ranches here...plus a 3 year + drought... like I said, our foundation of our house has actually shifted...we have cracks in our brick and ceramic tile. I will check this out.. I remember hearing of small earthquakes. I think we are on a fault line also... YIKES!!!

I lived in Los Angeles for 25 years and they always told us the little quakes were good because they released the pressure, lowering the threat of a big quake. I don't know what they are saying now. Scientists are always coming out with new findings. They can probably predict the quakes, but to what end? How would they possibly evacuate a big city? It would be chaos .

#10888   2014/03/28 03:01PM
    Blue 501

I think we have sunshine & rainbows in our near future. Just a few more wet cold days.
    If anyone is near Morehead City there is a tall ship there,the U.S. Coast Guard Eagle, a sailing ship. It is docked there until sometime Sunday & people are invited to visit & be given a tour of the ship. Sounds like fun!

#10889   2014/03/28 05:21PM
    countryMomof4

We had a tall ship put into port not far from us years ago. We took the family down to see and tour it. What an experience!

We are hoping for warmer weather soon but not holding our breath.

Sounds like a name for singing duet deceived--2 Scary Grandmas!

#10890   2014/03/29 07:42AM
    Blue 501

Ham biscuits on the table, made from scratch, hot grits with butter, a pitcher of orange juice, Sumatra Mandeling coffee, and Czar Nicholas tea.
    All my peaches are in bloom but even if the blossoms did not freeze, bees can't pollinate them when it's raining. All the Camellia blossoms froze.The red poofy ones are bright with color as long as you don't look too closely.
    Crazy North Carolina weather and getting crazier.One day we will cut off the heat & by noon it will be in the 80's & we will need ac and the 4 hour gap was our "spring" & oops-I missed it!

« 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list