List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/12/07 05:20PM, Views: 331940, Replies: 11436
    « 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 » »| page:
    #10871   2014/03/25 06:31PM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    BobbiSox

Hello to all of my long-lost pals! I now have to go back and read the past five hundred pages and posts to see what everyone has been up to. (But not tonight!) Just wanted to pop in and boast about our beautiful Florida weather today. I spent hours on the beach. You know you're ALL invited over here. Just pack your bikini and your sunscreen and I'll meet you at the hamburger stand. See ya there tomorrow at twelve o'clock sharp. Be there or be square.

#10872   2014/03/26 05:45AM
    deceived

Quote BobbiSox: Hello to all of my long-lost pals! I now have to go back and read the past five hundred pages and posts to see what everyone has been up to. (But not tonight!) Just wanted to pop in and boast about our beautiful Florida weather today. I spent hours on the beach. You know you're ALL invited over here. Just pack your bikini and your sunscreen and I'll meet you at the hamburger stand. See ya there tomorrow at twelve o'clock sharp. Be there or be square.

I'm down by S. Padre Island, TX I am more of a run from shade to shade, and any air conditioned place... wish I was still young though... absolutely loved the water in any form...
    AT our ranch we have two fishing ponds... the one right behind our house I have ducks, turtles, frogs, fish, and a canoe that me and my son ride in and feed the ducks and turtles... they wait for us by the dock as if they know we are coming in the morning before school...
    And a pot of Folgiers Black Silk Coffee a cup of JOE for each: C[*]

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/03/26 05:47AM
    #10873   2014/03/26 06:06AM
    BobbiSox

deceived, I am not young at all. I'll be 65 in April. I wear lots of sunscreen so I can enjoy the sand under my toes and the sun on my face. Love the sound of the ocean. Sometimes we rent a place right on the water because I'm sure ocean air is good for what ails ya. Your place sounds awesome. I'm a city girl, so I still get excited whenever I see a turtle or a deer, even after 18 years of living in Florida. I miss Los Angeles, but Florida is really a cool place to live if you like wildlife. (And down south, in Miami, there's always the OTHER kind of wild life )

#10874   2014/03/26 06:07AM
    Skyemichelle

Hi D-read that you were down by S. Padre. Love S. Padre for long four day weekends. We can be there in less than a day from Dallas. I envy you. We are stuck with a lake house at lake Granbury with no water in the lake. It's gross and very ugly there right now. Wish I lived down by you!

#10875   2014/03/26 06:15AM
    deceived

Quote Skyemichelle: Hi D-read that you were down by S. Padre. Love S. Padre for long four day weekends. We can be there in less than a day from Dallas. I envy you. We are stuck with a lake house at lake Granbury with no water in the lake. It's gross and very ugly there right now. Wish I lived down by you!

We live about 20 miles inland from the coast. WE drive there also for romantic seafood restaurants or special occasions. But our ranch, we have lived there and built it up for the past 30 years from a shack and a few acres, now we have 200 + acres with about 35 head of cattle. They drink from the second pond... but WHAT I was getting at LOL, was we are in our third year of drought, it seems, and our watermelon crops for the last few years just dried up or was eaten by Javelinas, we have to shoot them... anyways, all the creeks, rivers, lakes inland are also dried up to cracked ground, our ranch house foundation has actually shifted... wonder if we will get an earthquake because of the drought???
    But, yes, we have to travel about 20 miles to get to the gulf, but it is worth it!! So beautiful, just like Florida coast...

#10876   2014/03/26 06:17AM
    countryMomof4

I'll bring the sunscreen but think I'll leave the bikini at home. Don't want to scare people!

I would just love to be able to wear some flip-flops and no parka! It is well below freezing up here with some snow squalls later this afternoon. BUT tomorrow is above freezing and it looks like it will stay that way.

Those that are in the way of this storm on the east coast need to hunker down and just get through it. Hopefully it's the last big one of the season.

Give those ducks and turtles an extra bit of breakfast from me deceived. Our ponds still have a skin of ice on them.

#10877   2014/03/26 06:27AM
    BobbiSox

Quote deceived:
    Quote Skyemichelle: Hi D-read that you were down by S. Padre. Love S. Padre for long four day weekends. We can be there in less than a day from Dallas. I envy you. We are stuck with a lake house at lake Granbury with no water in the lake. It's gross and very ugly there right now. Wish I lived down by you!

We live about 20 miles inland from the coast. WE drive there also for romantic seafood restaurants or special occasions. But our ranch, we have lived there and built it up for the past 30 years from a shack and a few acres, now we have 200 + acres with about 35 head of cattle. They drink from the second pond... but WHAT I was getting at LOL, was we are in our third year of drought, it seems, and our watermelon crops for the last few years just dried up or was eaten by Javelinas, we have to shoot them... anyways, all the creeks, rivers, lakes inland are also dried up to cracked ground, our ranch house foundation has actually shifted... wonder if we will get an earthquake because of the drought???
    But, yes, we have to travel about 20 miles to get to the gulf, but it is worth it!! So beautiful, just like Florida coast...

You shoot your watermelon? What?

#10878   2014/03/26 06:29AM
    Skyemichelle

Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote deceived:

#10879   2014/03/26 06:32AM
    deceived

Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote deceived:

LOL. We shoot the javelinas eating our dried up watermelons... people actually come by to buy them laying by the field... Like Blue said a few days ago... wild hog bacon that tastes like watermelon.

#10880   2014/03/26 06:36AM
    Skyemichelle

Quote deceived:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote deceived:

LOL. We shoot the javelinas eating our dried up watermelons... people actually come by to buy them laying by the field... Like Blue said a few days ago... wild hog bacon that tastes like watermelon.
    Well your place sounds wonderful even with the hogs. I bet you have your own shotgun. I would.

« 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list