List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/28 10:46PM, Views: 291574, Replies: 11207
    « 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 » »| page:
    #10851   2014/03/20 10:28AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    moehop

Quote Calypso: Spring is here, I think.......

Welcome moehop to the clubhouse....It's a wonderful place to relax and talk with friends.

I live near the beach on Cape Cod, my little piece of paradise......Many folks are not here now, so it's rather quiet...The ocean is not quiet however, I love hearing the waves. Today is rather grey, and there are more white caps as the day goes on. The Captain has decided to get our little Whaler ready for tooling around the bay.It takes him a couple of weeks to polish it up. I won't tell him the water is way too cold for me just yet.

Your place sounds great. I love the ocean and going to the beach. We have a ways to go to get there, but go when we can. We have a nice lake nearby we spent a lot of time at in the summer though.
    Look forward to posting with you.

#10852   2014/03/21 08:21AM
    habbyfan

Good-morning Kritters,I hope you are all well!!!

Blue - I am excited .... at long last I have found my Irish ancestor ...

She is my 2nd great-grandmother(maternal) so for me she is also the most important one ...

me to Mother ... my mother to my grandmother who gave her race as Irish on her entry via ocean arrival in 1930... I now have proof of her mother name at birth ... which led me to her mother's marriage certificate ... giving her fathers and mother ... I just plugged in the name of her father (full name) ... and first name of her mother ... and it popped up ... Marriage records by The Registar of The county ... there were my 2nd great grandparents my 2nd great-grandmother was Irish ...

I have been searching for her for two years ... the law in Britain and Wales does not require the nee name of the woman it only gives the first name so you have to find birth records to compare ...

I have broken my brick wall ...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/03/21 08:28AM
    #10853   2014/03/21 08:58AM
    moehop

Quote deceived:
    Quote moehop: Thank you! Sounds good!

Welcome!!! I have watched Y&R for over 30 years... been on this message board since it started about 7 years ago? Anyways...I love basketball, all three of my boys play it...my two oldest when they were in high school, and now my 13 year. They did/do attend Christian school, so we compete against other Christian schools... sometimes it 'aint' so Christian...LOL
    One of my friends, she got so angry she went down onto the floor and ended up being arrested...(she is a bailbonds woman)
    So, anyways, welcome. Here's a cup of JOE for you: C[*]

I have a question for my new basketball-fan friend. I heard on the news this morning that Harvard won one of the March Madness games and that it cost some people over a Billion dollars. How is that? I didn't know there was that much money in basketball or is that from betting? That would be a lot of money to bet on ball games, even for wealthy people. I was really curious about that. I thought maybe, being a basketball fan, you might know what that was all. about. Thanks if you can fill me in.

#10854   2014/03/21 09:02AM
    moehop

How is everyone this morning? I am showing up with some southern ice tea. Taste great this morning.
    It is a beautiful spring day here. I think I will take my little dog outside for a while and do some outside chores today.
    How is you weather today?

#10855   2014/03/21 10:23AM
    Calypso

Habby, I am soooo happy for you that you found an Irish ancestor. I know you have been searching for a long time!!!!

Moehop, I don't know a lot about the NCAA tournament, but I do know that Warren Buffet (through Quicken Loans) offered a billion dollars to anyone who could fill out the entire NCAA brackets correctly. Harvard won their first game over a higher ranked team, so many people are out of the contest unless they picked Harvard to win (plus all the other games) Harvard is ranked 12 and Cincinnati is ranked 5 in their division. It's almost an impossible contest to win.

We have another gloomy windy day here, so I'm being lazy.

#10856   2014/03/21 10:29AM
    deceived

Quote moehop: How is everyone this morning? I am showing up with some southern ice tea. Taste great this morning.
    It is a beautiful spring day here. I think I will take my little dog outside for a while and do some outside chores today.
    How is you weather today?

I'm embarrassed to say I know nothing about betting, or why or how Colleges put so much effort into football, basketball games. Why or how they make money on that...our local news station warned us to not bet on the games as it was illegal... Since my boys played/play in Christian school, and compete against other Christian schools, there's not much money in that. I just got excited about the game going to them and watching my boys play. It gave them something to do other than drugs like the other children...
    As for the fights at the games... I think it is because we live in a small TX town, of about 4,000 people. SOOO in saying that, you can imagine the referees have a lot of relatives, friends who are counting on them to call a game their way when we are in another town... thus the moms and dads getting irate when they think the game is being called a certain way all throughout the game...
    THX for asking though. What part of the country do you live in?? WE live on a 200 acre cattle ranch down in S.E. TX. Lots of barren land, cacti, and mesquite trees...

#10857   2014/03/22 09:08AM
    countryMomof4

Dull and windy here too along with brisk cold. I am still not daunted by it though so I am putting up my bouquets of fake flowers and pussy willows. Real flowers from the garden are but a dream at this point . Oh well!

All I can say about basketball is that I'm glad it's over! I will be watching the
    World Cup this summer though. My boys played soccer and football when they were younger.

Congrats habby on finally finding that elusive ancestor!! Your tenacity has paid off!!

#10858   2014/03/22 10:22AM
    deceived

Quote countryMomof4: Dull and windy here too along with brisk cold. I am still not daunted by it though so I am putting up my bouquets of fake flowers and pussy willows. Real flowers from the garden are but a dream at this point . Oh well!

All I can say about basketball is that I'm glad it's over! I will be watching the
    World Cup this summer though. My boys played soccer and football when they were younger.

Congrats habby on finally finding that elusive ancestor!! Your tenacity has paid off!!

76 and sunny here. Birds are chirping away... occasional vulture>> WHACK WHACK!!!..LOL

#10859   2014/03/22 12:09PM
    Layngel

Good afternoon everyone! Hope everybody is having a great weekend!

#10860   2014/03/23 01:21PM
    countryMomof4

Hope you are to Layngel!

Sunny but still freezing cold here! It is going to get a tiny bit warmer by the idle of the week. That means we will be above freezing rather than below.

Hubby is smoking pork today and the whole house smells delicious. He's been at it since 6 a.m. stoking the fire and checking the temp.

Just puttering around the house today, trying to accomplish a few things that have been hanging over my head too long. :P

« 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list