List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/15 04:24PM, Views: 270954, Replies: 10965
    « 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 » »| page:
    #10351   2013/09/19 11:49AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    countryMomof4

Welcome ThornsandRoses!

I am back from out West but still dragging my butt due to the time zone change. Plus my MD is adjusting one of my meds and it is making me feel "weird".

Being a dinosaur is perfect for Wiley! Little boys are so noisy aren't they? My granddaughter wants to be an owl. She loves animals and bugs. We'll be going to the zoo just before CDN Thanksgiving. Should be fun!

#10352   2013/09/19 12:56PM
    habbyfan

Greetings to all the Kritters.

CM ... I always felt that way returning from the west.

I am sorry I have been AWOL but my new computer you know ... still not used to it.

Welcome TR ... it is nice to see you here.

Brought some muffins ... enjoy.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/19 12:58PM
    #10353   2013/09/19 03:00PM
    Blue 501

Hi all. Good to see you Habby! Thorne, I saw your comment & thank you. The plight of the poor has been very much on my mind this year as so many of my countrymen seem merciless in their attitudes towards the helpless. There was a article in the paper today "STOP PLAYING POLITICS WITH HUNGER" written by Bob Dole & Tom Daschle. The House (Congress) is trying to cut food stamps now. They are a win/win situation with each dollar provided as food stamps resulting in $1.70 in economic activity. What do they really want? For people & their little children to actually starve to death? It drives me crazy. They hope to force people to get jobs but there are no jobs. The unemployment among the lower income citizens of NC is more like 20%. It seems like less by averaging in all the demographics. Lack of jobs is the main reason that people need food stamps in the first place. Many of those who have a fast food job don't get enough hours to support themselves or their children. So, I am always nudging people who are well off, even fictional ones, to spread some of it around.

#10354   2013/09/19 04:51PM
    ThornsandRoses

Quote countryMomof4: Welcome ThornsandRoses!

I am back from out West but still dragging my butt due to the time zone change. Plus my MD is adjusting one of my meds and it is making me feel "weird".

Being a dinosaur is perfect for Wiley! Little boys are so noisy aren't they? My granddaughter wants to be an owl. She loves animals and bugs. We'll be going to the zoo just before CDN Thanksgiving. Should be fun!

Thanks for the welcome. It is so crazy that I decided to post on this thread about the same time that I decided to leave this board. There are some threads including this one that give me hope. But so many of the threads are vicious. I will admit that I got involved for a while.

I watch Y&R for the entertainment value. I love the characters that warrant love, hate the characters that warrant hate, and wonder about a lot of other characters. Young and the Restless, I Love Lucy, Leave it to Beaver, or Charlie Brown, it's it suppose to be about entertainment isn't it?

This is the one thread that I think is GREAT. All too many of the others make me wonder about people.

#10355   2013/09/19 05:15PM
    Blue 501

Quote ThornsandRoses:

Thanks for the welcome. It is so crazy that I decided to post on this thread about the same time that I decided to leave this board. There are some threads including this one that give me hope. But so many of the threads are vicious. I will admit that I got involved for a while.

I watch Y&R for the entertainment value. I love the characters that warrant love, hate the characters that warrant hate, and wonder about a lot of other characters. Young and the Restless, I Love Lucy, Leave it to Beaver, or Charlie Brown, it's it suppose to be about entertainment isn't it?

This is the one thread that I think is GREAT. All too many of the others make me wonder about people.

Too true. You have to wonder what their lives are like when they pour out so much anger on a soaps board. I am glad you found us (& vice versa. I was seriously considering just letting the thread slip beneath the waves but we decided it was still needed, as a quiet place to spend a little time). The thread was founded during a very rough patch on the board (earlier than the first posts indicate, I believe.). We try to provide comfort here & the rest of our time we devote to being silly (one of my favorite pastimes). lol

#10356   2013/09/19 05:36PM
    ThornsandRoses

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote ThornsandRoses:

Too true. You have to wonder what their lives are like when they pour out so much anger on a soaps board. I am glad you found us (& vice versa. I was seriously considering just letting the thread slip beneath the waves but we decided it was still needed, as a quiet place to spend a little time). The thread was founded during a very rough patch on the board (earlier than the first posts indicate, I believe.). We try to provide comfort here & the rest of our time we devote to being silly (one of my favorite pastimes). lol

"Comfort here" and "being silly", CHBS. Those could be the initials for "Can't help being smart"!

#10357   2013/09/20 03:31AM
    Blue 501

Good morning. I had to go to the store three times to find figs but finally did & they are divine. The black ones with the red pulp. So, we are having figs and a mushroom omelet for breakfast with fresh biscuits & country butter. Brazilian Minas Gerais coffee and Russian Caravan tea. Everyone have a good day (& find a place that has flu vaccine if you can. I had to call around. Nearly everyone is out of the high dose so I just got a dose of the trivalent. It has taken good care of me for many years. Most of the places were waiting for a new shipment. The CDC says enough was made for everyone to get a dose who wants it. I
    strongly recommend it. And watch out for mosquitos. We have had 2 recent deaths from West Nile Virus in NC. I think that is spread by mosquitos too. It has been such a wet summer that they are everywhere.

#10358   2013/09/20 11:12AM
    deceived

Quote Blue 501: Good morning. I had to go to the store three times to find figs but finally did & they are divine. The black ones with the red pulp. So, we are having figs and a mushroom omelet for breakfast with fresh biscuits & country butter. Brazilian Minas Gerais coffee and Russian Caravan tea. Everyone have a good day (& find a place that has flu vaccine if you can. I had to call around. Nearly everyone is out of the high dose so I just got a dose of the trivalent. It has taken good care of me for many years. Most of the places were waiting for a new shipment. The CDC says enough was made for everyone to get a dose who wants it. I
    strongly recommend it. And watch out for mosquitos. We have had 2 recent deaths from West Nile Virus in NC. I think that is spread by mosquitos too. It has been such a wet summer that they are everywhere.

Just stopping in to say hi... still traveling about so I know nothing about the soap opera these days... I was hoping that paternity S/L would be over by now... and Sharon redeemed... oh well... when I get back into the loop I will post more... miss you all very much... been on here for about 7 years...I will be on maybe next week, then next month. BYEEEE

#10359   2013/09/20 01:42PM
    countryMomof4

Thanks for doing a "post by" deceived! No nothing much has changed but it looks like things are going to get moving soon.

#10360   2013/09/20 02:28PM
    Calypso

Hi deceived, and hope you are enjoying your trip. Are you on the way to the Cape to visit ? lol...just kidding....Good to see you posting.

« 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list