List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/21 08:30AM, Views: 290752, Replies: 11181
    « 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 » »| page:
    #10341   2013/09/17 09:58AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Blue 501

Quote ThornsandRoses:
    Quote Blue 501: Good morning. Hot Earl Grey tea & waffles with blueberry syrup this morning & French butter. Little sausage patties on the side. Fresh watermelon for dessert.
    Have a good day everyone.

Good morning. Now that's the way to begin the day!

Hope you have a good day too.

Hope your Michigan day is not as gloomy today. We are having another warm day in the 80's with blue skies but I noticed my zucchini plants that just got big enough to bear seem to be closing down already & leaves are beginning to fall here & there. The crows noticed I had some pecans this year & have cleaned them out except for one tree that ripens them late. It does not take long for word to get around. They ate the apples & pears this year & I guess they could not help but notice the second course. lol.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/17 09:59AM
    #10342   2013/09/17 10:01AM
    Blue 501

It's too bad the baby is not big enough to play in the back yard around the pecan tree. He bellows like a T. Rex. Surely the crows would be a little bit intimidated. I am.

#10343   2013/09/17 11:43AM
    Calypso

Hi Kritters, and welcome T&R!!

Cool day here at the beach. The water has lots of whitecaps. I guess fall is upon us. Planning to get some pumpkins this week and some bittersweet to decorate. I have ordered my wood for fires in the fireplace, as I used up most of last years wood in the firepit this summer.

Blue, maybe W. is trying to say he wants to be a dinosaur for Halloween!

#10344   2013/09/17 04:48PM
    Blue 501

Quote Calypso: Hi Kritters, and welcome T&R!!

Cool day here at the beach. The water has lots of whitecaps. I guess fall is upon us. Planning to get some pumpkins this week and some bittersweet to decorate. I have ordered my wood for fires in the fireplace, as I used up most of last years wood in the firepit this summer.

You must have e.s.p. Alex has already bought the material & figures to put triangles along his back bone & for "claws" on the end of his sleeves. Last year she was 6 months pregnant & bulging. I donated one of my gowns for her to have a baby bursting from her with fake blood all over the place. (I know-ew-but her friends are not exactly soccer moms. Artists & musicians, etc). I used to enjoy Halloween so much Jim & I won a very nice dinner with champagne one year for our costumes (not that many showed up. lol)./

#10345   2013/09/17 04:53PM
    Blue 501

He was not quite as frisky at dinner this time but it was Father-Daughter night & they took our picture together too. It turned out pretty nice.He was wearing a blue outfit and it made his eyes look light blue.They seem to be getting lighter & his hair does too. We really don't know what to expect but he seems to have a lot of her & me in him.
    He mostly just gnawed on a drinking straw & did not cry in the restaurant but cried hard on the way home even though she had changed him & tried to feed him before we left the restaurant. Even singing his favorite songs did not soothe him.

#10346   2013/09/17 07:12PM
    ThornsandRoses

Thanks for the welcome Calypso. Could you use a few squirrels where you live? I have some that eat my corn (no surprise), apples, pears, and almost everything else I try to grow including radishes. These squirrels even eat things I wouldn't eat! (I grew up in the south eating almost anything that didn't eat you first--including squirrels.) I have seen these squirrels eat green peaches and many other thing that I thought were strange things for squirrels to eat including radishes that were not pulled when young so grew to watermelon size. If these squirrels could go swimming at the local beach where you live, maybe they would leave my garden alone. May I send you as many as I can outsmart? I am convinced it won't be many.

#10347   2013/09/18 04:55AM
    Blue 501

Quote ThornsandRoses:

Thanks for the welcome Calypso. Could you use a few squirrels where you live? I have some that eat my corn (no surprise), apples, pears, and almost everything else I try to grow including radishes. These squirrels even eat things I wouldn't eat! (I grew up in the south eating almost anything that didn't eat you first--including squirrels.) I have seen these squirrels eat green peaches and many other thing that I thought were strange things for squirrels to eat including radishes that were not pulled when young so grew to watermelon size. If these squirrels could go swimming at the local beach where you live, maybe they would leave my garden alone. May I send you as many as I can outsmart? I am convinced it won't be many.

Hi Thorne. You can send me some squirrels if you don't mind dressing them first. (just kidding). I am sure some will find us when the pecans get plentiful enough, even though there are not any big trees in the yard. Something buried a few of the pecans last year. I saw four sprout in the lawn this spring. I planted the pecans the year I married V. The soil here is not rich (white clay with a thin topsoil) so they are growing slowly but finally bore a few 3 years ago.
    I have seen a squirrel attack a peach or a plum & chew off all the flesh & spit it out to get to the pit, which was all it really wanted. Seems like we could work out a deal. They eat wild mushrooms too. I had a nice patch of Amanita Caesaria in my front yard at my old place & they snipped them off & ran off with them over their shoulders like parasols. That is supposed to be an edible & delicious mushroom but I could never bring myself to try anything with Amanita in its name.(for anyone who does not know, many sp. of Amanita are deadly, like "Destroying Angel". A small cube of it can kill you unless you can get a liver transplant. My step daughter ate something that made her so ill she had to have renal dialysis. I would have thought she would know her mushrooms since they consume them by the ton but my husband thinks some kinds mutated after the fallout from Chernobyl (their country is next door).

#10348   2013/09/18 05:38AM
    yandrfan99

Good morning everyone I hope you are all having a good day. It is beautiful and sunny here today but cold. Winter is on its way. Oh well out come the coats. I have brought coffee cake and tea. Hope everyone enjoys it.

#10349   2013/09/18 11:39AM
    Blue 501

Quote yandrfan99: Good morning everyone I hope you are all having a good day. It is beautiful and sunny here today but cold. Winter is on its way. Oh well out come the coats. I have brought coffee cake and tea. Hope everyone enjoys it.

Thank you, Y&R. I was wishing for a bite or two of something sweet. That hits the spot.

#10350   2013/09/18 08:39PM
    ThornsandRoses

Hi Blue 501. Saw and replied to a comment you made on the "What should Devon do with his 2 Billion 475 Million" thread. Comment #43 if you are curious.

« 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list