List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/23 05:31AM, Views: 305790, Replies: 11358
    « 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 » »| page:
    #10311   2013/08/27 11:12AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Calypso

Lazy rainy day here at the beach.......

Where is everyone at the club house? Anyone willing to come in and talk?

Will clean up a bit and feed the local kitties, and make a pot of coffee, there's also wine for those of you like a glass of pinot grigio....

Anyone want a tomato sandwich, I brought tons.....

#10312   2013/08/27 02:59PM
    Blue 501

Quote Calypso: Lazy rainy day here at the beach.......

Where is everyone at the club house? Anyone willing to come in and talk?

Will clean up a bit and feed the local kitties, and make a pot of coffee, there's also wine for those of you like a glass of pinot grigio....

Anyone want a tomato sandwich, I brought tons.....

Oh yes, I could eat three! Let me find the Duke's mayo & would you object to a few slices of lean, smoked bacon & some butter crunch lettuce & thin sliced Vidalia onions to go with them, just in case we get tired of plain old divine fresh tomatoes?
    Just got back from Mama's feeding study. They decided she just needs to have more calories sneaked into her diet. Old minx threw me under the bus. Said she WOULD eat but I will never fix the things she likes & started naming stuff like "butterbeans boiled til they're real soupy with dumplings in them". I have never seen HER cook that in my long life or heard her mention it til now. But, hey, if that is what it takes. I draw the line at one thing she says she would eat: Mackeral straight out of the can with crackers. V had a can of that one time & it stinks AND looks gross. She won't eat tuna or salmon or smoked oysters or shrimp unless boiled to mush. I have a weak stomach & I know she would not eat it no matter what she says.
    She said she would eat some oysters so for Mother's Day, Valentin went to about six different stores and finally found a tin of fresh Gulf oysters (no local ones available b/c out of season). I think he paid about $30 for it. She insisted that I fry them & she ate ONE. Or half of one.
    It's a challenge but I will try harder.

#10313   2013/08/28 06:27AM
    Blue 501

Good morning! It's a beautiful day at the Refuge. Blue skies and fragrant air. I have never seen so many butterflies. The lavender Butterfly bushes are in bloom and those big yellow butterflies (Tiger Swallowtails?) are mad for them. An occasional cicada startles with its shrill call. This was supposed to be the year for them (I think it's about a 13 year cycle for them) but not many around here. The pumpkin patch has some good sized specimens now (we may have to have a Halloween Party this year) but there are still a lot of blossoms. I may make some fried blossoms for lunch. (You wash the whole blossom, dip it in beaten egg, dust it in seasoned flour, then fry it in deep oil. They are very pretty if you are light handed with the flour and taste good.

#10314   2013/08/28 06:49AM
    countryMomof4

I've never heard of eating the blossoms! I have quite a few on my vines so I might just have to try it. What sort of seasonings do you use Blue?

It's overcast and horribly humid up here. We're in for more thunderstorms but they don't clear the air. Ugh!

I noticed yesterday that more and more trees are starting to change colour! I love fall the best. The gorgeous colours, cooler weather, the yummy comfort foods are a welcome change.

#10315   2013/08/31 11:34AM
    Blue 501

It's a beautiful day in North Carolina. My new zucchini plants are huge & I see the first little blossoms forming. They grow so fast. I should be eating baby zucchini before the week is out! And fried blossoms too!

#10316   2013/09/03 08:02AM
    Blue 501

Quote Blue 501: It's a beautiful day in North Carolina. My new zucchini plants are huge & I see the first little blossoms forming. They grow so fast. I should be eating baby zucchini before the week is out! And fried blossoms too!

Good morning everyone. I have baby zucchini the size of my pinky. It won't be long now. The cukes have their first true leaves. I will be eating them both very young but it usually stays warm here until October so I should have time to enjoy them.
    I am making a pot of Tanganyikan coffee & put some fresh cream in the frig in case anyone stops by. Danish pastries in the frig. Just microwave one for about 10 seconds wrapped in a paper towel. Have a wonderful day!

#10317   2013/09/03 10:39AM
    Calypso

Thanks for the treats, Blue......
    Today is the first day of my life without the summer folks!!! YAY.
    The Captain and I plan to take the boat out this week and tool around the bay. We won't have to weave around water skiers, kayakers or summer boaters!!

AHH, the blessed Sept is here!!

#10318   2013/09/06 06:04PM
    Blue 501

Quote Calypso: Thanks for the treats, Blue......
    Today is the first day of my life without the summer folks!!! YAY.
    The Captain and I plan to take the boat out this week and tool around the bay. We won't have to weave around water skiers, kayakers or summer boaters!!

AHH, the blessed Sept is here!!

Hurrah for September & the end of tourist season! I used to love to go out in the boat with Daddy. Usually it was to work (gather oysters, clam, take in crab pots, etc) but sometimes it was just for fun to explore sand islands. Once we saw a sea turtle swimming away. We don't know if she had laid eggs or if we frightened her off or if she was just looking for a good place. There were usually clams in the area surrounding the island & sometimes we found unexpected things, including a tomato plant that had come up & was bearing fruit. The inland waterway goes right past the area so we used to see yachts going past. They stop at Beaufort & Morehead City.

#10319   2013/09/07 05:13AM
    Blue 501

Good morning. Ham Biscuits for breakfast and fresh peaches with cinnamon & whipped cream. Brazilian Minas Gerais coffee.

#10320   2013/09/07 12:13PM
    habbyfan

Quote Blue 501: Good morning. Ham Biscuits for breakfast and fresh peaches with cinnamon & whipped cream. Brazilian Minas Gerais coffee.

I am very hungry ... I have been sick for weeks. I will refrain from stuffing myself however.

Have you ever known anyone who will be happy with the cooler weather ... apart from me that is?

My old computer gave up ... the new one has Windows 8 ... strange as it sounds I am having a hard time adjusting.

Oh the joys of life...

« 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list