List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/22 08:35AM, Views: 322309, Replies: 11417
    « 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 » »| page:
    #10301   2013/08/06 02:37PM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Blue 501

Quote habbyfan: Oh Blue you are the best,I love cherry turnovers,thank you.

I found a relative of my husband I thought was his 2nd greatgrandfather ... they where cousins and shared the same name ... they were from the same town and both were named after their paternal grandfather upon further investigation ... the cousin left Canada and purchased a farm in Vermont ... just luckily I found a book in the library documenting the life of this man or I would have been following the wrong person ... his first wife had died and he married his cousin (so many curve balls so to speak) when going back in history ...

I am having computer troubles and will probably have to invest in a new one ... so if I disappear don't be alarmed ... just like Arnie ... I will be back!!!

That is wonderful, Habby. To be a good genealogist you have to be a good detective too and open to any possibility I think. I was talking about my new line on Facebook & one of my friends said "Oh, my aunt married so & so". I looked & found that he was another descendant of my line. Unfortunately I also found that his aunt died at 41 of "hypotension & pneumonia due to an overdose of sleeping tablets". I just told my friend that I had found her husband & we were indeed kin. I kept the suicide to myself. So many sad things. Especially in that family. He told me that he used to run hide in the woods when his father was in a bad mood b/c he frequently lashed out and hit him in the mouth. He was very small for his age and it went on thru high school. I think it was from stress. He got out of the house as soon as he could and then grew to 5'10" & 200 pounds. He had been so short in high school (like 5 feet tall) that a very tall, big teacher once picked him up and stood him on a chair seat to talk to him. He said he was a "punching bag" for some of his teachers too. He said a female teacher once took him into a back room & beat him so badly that another child who witnessed it said she was afraid the teacher was going to kill him. That is so sickening, especially when he was already being abused at home.

#10302   2013/08/06 02:44PM
    Blue 501

Quote Calypso: Hi Kritters!!
    Sounds like everyone is doing well. We're just lazing away the days at the beach. the weather has been great, almost cool.... so much better than the heat wave...
    My garden is doing great and the tomatoes are starting to come in....I have had to buy some tomatoes at the local farmers market.....but my basil is awesome and I have had a few zucs. Love this time of year for the native veggies and fruits. I am going blueberry picking tomorrow, and hope I get enough for muffins, bread, pancakes, plus a lot to freeze. We went clamming this morning early as low tide was about 6:30 AM, but the beach was empty, and we got our bucket amount in no time....Steamers for supper tonight.

There doesn't seem to be as many tourists this year.....especially in our little area....maybe they go for more activity......or the beach house rental prices are higher. Not sure, but I like it, although I can't wait for Sept.

Oh, I envy you. That sounds so idyllic.
    Calypso, is there any way we could exchange e-mail information? I would like to invite you to join a little group. You would know most of the members from this thread. If you agree, I will ask the mod if she can provide us with each other's information. They used to do that. Not sure if they still do. I had my e-mail on here one time but it was way back & I have tried to post it lately & it will not take it. I could post my e-mail in my profile but it is my main one that has my full name and I cannot risk posting it in public view. I may ask the mod if they mind if I use an alternate e-mail on my profile.

#10303   2013/08/07 06:53AM
    Calypso

Quote Blue 501:
    Sounds like everyone is doing well. We're just lazing away the days at the beach. the weather has been great, almost cool.... so much better than the heat wave...
    My garden is doing great and the tomatoes are starting to come in....I have had to buy some tomatoes at the local farmers market.....but my basil is awesome and I have had a few zucs. Love this time of year for the native veggies and fruits. I am going blueberry picking tomorrow, and hope I get enough for muffins, bread, pancakes, plus a lot to freeze. We went clamming this morning early as low tide was about 6:30 AM, but the beach was empty, and we got our bucket amount in no time....Steamers for supper tonight.

There doesn't seem to be as many tourists this year.....especially in our little area....maybe they go for more activity......or the beach house rental prices are higher. Not sure, but I like it, although I can't wait for Sept.

Calypso, is there any way we could exchange e-mail information? I would like to invite you to join a little group. You would know most of the members from this thread. If you agree, I will ask the mod if she can provide us with each other's information. They used to do that. Not sure if they still do. I had my e-mail on here one time but it was way back & I have tried to post it lately & it will not take it. I could post my e-mail in my profile but it is my main one that has my full name and I cannot risk posting it in public view. I may ask the mod if they mind if I use an alternate e-mail on my profile.

I would love to join your group!!! I remember you mentioned it a while back to someone else here. You put your email down for that person to contact you. I didn't want to use it without your permission. t-------95@-----.com
    If that is your email I can send you a message and you'll get mine. If that's OK with you.

#10304   2013/08/07 06:41PM
    Blue 501

Quote Calypso:
    Quote Blue 501:

I would love to join your group!!! I remember you mentioned it a while back to someone else here. You put your email down for that person to contact you. I didn't want to use it without your permission. t-------95@-----.com
    If that is your email I can send you a message and you'll get mine. If that's OK with you.

Absolutely! I meant for any friend who wanted it to use it. I am glad you wrote it down.

#10305   2013/08/07 06:56PM
    Blue 501

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Calypso:
    Quote Blue 501:

Absolutely! I meant for any friend who wanted it to use it. I am glad you wrote it down.

I am going to bed early now but e-mail me tomorrow & I will tell you what it's all about. Good night everyone.

#10306   2013/08/09 09:01AM
    Blue 501

Good morning all. Hope everyone is fine. Bright sunny day here.

#10307   2013/08/20 07:38AM
    Calypso

Beautiful day here at beach. Going to go for a swim....water temp is 70.
    Have a great summer day everyone.

#10308   2013/08/20 02:25PM
    Blue 501

Quote Calypso: Beautiful day here at beach. Going to go for a swim....water temp is 70.
    Have a great summer day everyone.

Ah, that sounds so lovely. We are in for another week of rain but it is not continuous. I got some more peaches, pink-eye purple hull peas, & okra from the local vegetable stand. I am cooking them now. Mama has lost another 7 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I took her back to the doctor yesterday. I am trying desperately to find things to fix tht she likes & keeping her well supplied with Ensure.

#10309   2013/08/21 05:03AM
    Blue 501

Good morning. I brought some scones (orange/cranberry) and fresh peaches & blueberries. Brazilian Santos coffee brewing & Russian Caravan tea. If anyone reads but does not post, you are welcome to join in. I know most of our regular posters now post somewhere else for various reasons, & I post there with them but I think this site still needs a Refuge so I am inviting new people to take advantage of it.
    I am reading an interesting book called "The Serpent & the Moon" about Diane de Poiters & Catherine de Medici. It is written by Princess Michael of Kent (married to a cousin of Queen Elizabeth II) who is a descendant of both those interesting women. I have not owned a book written by a princess before, that I recall. Lots of court gossip. For instance: Catherine took so long to conceive that they were considering sending her back to Italy & taking a new bride for Henri II. She was taking all kinds of potions & spells to try to conceive. It turned out she had an introverted uterus & Henri had hypospadia so a different position was suggested & she began to produce another heir every year or two.

#10310   2013/08/22 05:39AM
    Blue 501

Good morning viewers. Not much interesting going on here. Another week of rain. I have a few new things up in the garden (zucchini & cukes) & am gathering my daylily seed pods for the next magnificent set of new daylily babies.
    My little grandson is growing like a weed. He is due to see the ped next week. Last time he was 86th percentile for height & 70th percentile for weight. And he is still on breast milk only. My daughter eats a whole cake or pie every other day to be able to produce enough to keep him fed. She offered him a bit of ripe banana for the first time yesterday but he reached right past it for a toy & nommed on it instead. He rarely cries & smiles a lot. If he wants something he just makes a plaintive little noise but does not break into tears or wails unless he is very miserable.

« 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list