List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/19 08:59AM, Views: 311856, Replies: 11395
    « 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 » »| page:
    #10251   2013/07/09 05:58AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    deceived

I just saw your post... yes, the plastic surgeon got all the cancer out... he had to go in an inch... it was horribly painful, but he gave me morphine, and pain pills afterward... it had gone down to the nerve in my brain... that is why my WHOLE body hurt really bad... but it is all gone... thanks to God healing me... just praying I don't get any more... and I use sunscreen now, and hats... etc. when out in the sun, and swimming...

#10252   2013/07/09 06:08AM
    Blue 501

Quote deceived: I just saw your post... yes, the plastic surgeon got all the cancer out... he had to go in an inch... it was horribly painful, but he gave me morphine, and pain pills afterward... it had gone down to the nerve in my brain... that is why my WHOLE body hurt really bad... but it is all gone... thanks to God healing me... just praying I don't get any more... and I use sunscreen now, and hats... etc. when out in the sun, and swimming...

Thank God! I know that was quite an ordeal but thank God you discovered it in time. I was very lucky with mine too that I did not wait any longer. Mine was out of the duct & had grown large but not yet in the lymph nodes. Makes all the difference in the world. Yes, be careful. I try to always wear a big closely woven hat when I mow or work in the garden. And big sunglasses too.And ear protectors to mow. I look like like an alien with all that gear layered on. Not only does the sun cause cataracts but it causes pterygiums too & my mother had two of them, the first in her 30's. She was in the garden all the time. She should have worn a sun bonnet but if she wore anything, it was just one of Daddy's bill caps. He had cancers on his face but they kept treating them with 5FU & he started wearing more sun protection & they finally quit recurring.

#10253   2013/07/09 06:25AM
    Blue 501

We have all kinds of fruit today. Great big luscious cherries, blueberries, strawberries, and peaches. Waffles, syrup, butter & whipped cream. Make your own! Turkey bacon, regular bacon, & soy sausages. Blue Mountain Jamaican coffee and Earl Grey tea with just a little jasmine in it.
    Thursday is Peach Day at the Farmer's Market. I hope to be there with my biggest basket. I want some of every kind.
    Today my books are supposed to arrive from Amazon. This marvelous old lady has written a book called "Memory is a River" about the families of Sneads Ferry.(I was supposed to do that but probably never will. Spend all of my time on the computer chatting). She had to pay to have it published but the publisher still gets nearly all of the money. She has written all her life but given most of it away for free. She probably did not include our family b/c we did not know her back in the old days but it will still be precious to me for the life memories. I ordered 3 & may get more. I wish there was a way to funnel more of the money to her. She used an inheritance from her brother to get this published. Years ago, Mama offered her help to get her first volume of poems published but she said they were no longer hers. She had submitted them, one by one, to the local newspaper and they copyrighted them, so they were no longer hers. One of my cousins offered a picture of her grandfather running the ferry in the 1800's in exchange for a water color of it and the artist copyrighted it. Now I have put a picture of my grandfather's boat on FB & already someone has posted "That would make a great painting! I am sending it to a friend who is an artist to see what he thinks". I hope I have not just lost the rights to my own picture. I never knew my grandfather. He died when my father was 9 & was born in 1872 to a Confederate veteran. This is why I did not submit any pictures when the same local artist wanted to do a history of Snead's Ferry. If I ever wanted to do a book myself, I would really hate to have lost the right to publish my own family pictures. Now I regret not submitting at least a picture of each of my very beautiful parents so people could see what they looked like.
    Miss Ginny's book is for sale on Amazon for twelve dollars & some change. I should have bought a dozen. I would if she got more of the money but she told me she only got $4.11 in royalties on one of her projects. She is nearly as old as Mama but uses her computer every day. She must have a very good brain.
    If the book is good, I will buy some more & give one per year as a prize at the family reunion. One of my younger aunts does that with her paintings.

#10254   2013/07/09 06:35AM
    Blue 501

I don't know if anyone else does this but for years, we have had drawings at my family reunion & sometimes there is so much stuff that nearly everyone gets something & definitely every child does, in a special drawing just for them. There are home made birdhouses, hand made fountain pens of rare wood, paintings, books published by a family member, all sorts of things from a talented crowd. Once in a while I will put in a copy of an old family picture or a printed family tree on a branch of the family. When your name is drawn, you get to pick what you want & mine always get chosen quickly. I should do more. The thing is, when I give someone in the family one of my very extensive trees, the first thing they do is publish it on Ancestry & people start adding junk to it that is wrong, and that infuriates me. Maybe I should copyright them & print it on the tree. They represent decades of work and many trips to libraries & Archives & County seats.

#10255   2013/07/09 06:40AM
    Blue 501

I think that at my funeral, I want to have a drawing for my jewelry. The most expensive pieces to go to my daughter of course but I have boxes of interesting semi-precious things. Enough for every person who attends my funeral to get a piece. My lawyer said "Why not tape a slip of paper with a number under the chairs & at the end of the service, tell people to look under their chairs & come claim a piece of jewelry with their number on it?" I guess that would be less disruptive but would certainly make the funeral more interesting, I think. I don't know why funerals have to all be sad and grim, esp when the person who died is old like me.

#10256   2013/07/09 08:28AM
    habbyfan

You will love to-day's eppy ... the vets are great and HK did well with her part. Loved it.

Wow Deceived you are brave.

Calypso ... I have spent time at the Cape so beautiful.

Blue thank you for all the chats.

#10257   2013/07/09 10:18AM
    Blue 501

Quote habbyfan: You will love to-day's eppy ... the vets are great and HK did well with her part. Loved it.

Wow Deceived you are brave.

Calypso ... I have spent time at the Cape so beautiful.

Blue thank you for all the chats.

Yes, I thought PB was great yesterday. He is really quite a good player.

#10258   2013/07/09 01:25PM
    habbyfan

Hi Blue hope you and Master Wilie are well.

We had a months worth of rain in just a few hours yesterday.

Parts of the City are still without electricity,today we have all been asked to conserve as rolling blackouts are still occurring.

Of course it started at rush hour,when I went off to bed my daughter still had all the candles going,our poor dog was freaked out.He slept at the door all night,I guess he thought he might have to make a fast getaway.

#10259   2013/07/09 02:13PM
    Blue 501

Quote habbyfan: Hi Blue hope you and Master Wilie are well.

We had a months worth of rain in just a few hours yesterday.

Parts of the City are still without electricity,today we have all been asked to conserve as rolling blackouts are still occurring.

Of course it started at rush hour,when I went off to bed my daughter still had all the candles going,our poor dog was freaked out.He slept at the door all night,I guess he thought he might have to make a fast getaway.

i have wiley in my arms as we speak.

#10260   2013/07/09 02:23PM
    Blue 501

We are expecting rain & thunder storms most all week. A friend just picked all his tomatoes b/c he expects his plants to drown & the power is off on the Wake Tech main campus. The friend said he wished I was there, that they just steamed 50 small clams & would have done the whole 100 if I were there. I said I did not know if I could eat 50 all by myself but was willing to try.

« 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list