List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/21 08:30AM, Views: 290711, Replies: 11181
    « 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 » »| page:
    #10241   2013/07/08 07:08AM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Calypso

Happy Monday All!
    Yesterday was hot/muggy here, so I spent the day lying in my beach chair with legs in the water....water temp is up to 67F, so it was very cooling. Too many people on the beach for me though, with the holiday weekend.
    Today is cooler 70s, but still muggy and all the weekend folks have departed!! Yay, not that I don't like my neighbors, but love the less crowed weekdays.

Blue, I agree with CM, I've never had as many flowers as you. I did cut some of my hydrangeas for ONE vase. They are awesome this year with all the rain we had in June. I added a few of my pink roses, but they have gotten some kind of mold, and have to spray them when there isn't a breeze or rain coming.

deceived, I have never made a pumpkin pie from scratch, but I learned from a friend that the pumpkin should be from a sugar pumpkin to taste the best. Good Luck with your pie.

High tide is a little after noon today, so I may take a swim.
    Thanks for the breakfast, Blue.
    Have a great day!!

#10242   2013/07/08 07:27AM
    deceived

Quote Calypso: Happy Monday All!
    Yesterday was hot/muggy here, so I spent the day lying in my beach chair with legs in the water....water temp is up to 67F, so it was very cooling. Too many people on the beach for me though, with the holiday weekend.
    Today is cooler 70s, but still muggy and all the weekend folks have departed!! Yay, not that I don't like my neighbors, but love the less crowed weekdays.

Blue, I agree with CM, I've never had as many flowers as you. I did cut some of my hydrangeas for ONE vase. They are awesome this year with all the rain we had in June. I added a few of my pink roses, but they have gotten some kind of mold, and have to spray them when there isn't a breeze or rain coming.

deceived, I have never made a pumpkin pie from scratch, but I learned from a friend that the pumpkin should be from a sugar pumpkin to taste the best. Good Luck with your pie.

Have a great day!!

I envy you... living in Cape Cod... that is my dream place to live... I love lighthouses...
    The most exciting thing to happen to me is when my cacti bloom. I do love my banana trees, they are so pretty and the tall palm trees... and the Texas sky, it seems to go on forever.
    Happy grilling everyone.

#10243   2013/07/08 07:48AM
    Calypso

Quote deceived:

Have a great day!!

I envy you... living in Cape Cod... that is my dream place to live... I love lighthouses...
    The most exciting thing to happen to me is when my cacti bloom. I do love my banana trees, they are so pretty and the tall palm trees... and the Texas sky, it seems to go on forever.
    Happy grilling everyone.

There are 14 lighthouses on Cape Cod, plus 5 on Martha's Vineyard and 3 on Nantucket, I think.
    Go to www. capecodlighthouses.info for interesting facts and pics of most of them on the Cape. Nobska is the closest to me.

#10244   2013/07/08 07:58AM
    deceived

Quote Calypso:
    Quote deceived:

Have a great day!!

Happy grilling everyone.

There are 14 lighthouses on Cape Cod, plus 5 on Martha's Vineyard and 3 on Nantucket, I think.
    Go to www. capecodlighthouses.info for interesting facts and pics of most of them on the Cape. Nobska is the closest to me.

WOW OMG! What wonderful info... I had no idea! That is where I would like to vacation or retire... THX for this info... I think me, Countrymom, and Blue should all come there and visit...lol

#10245   2013/07/08 08:44AM
    Blue 501

Quote deceived:
    Quote Calypso:
    Quote deceived:

Have a great day!!

Happy grilling everyone.

WOW OMG! What wonderful info... I had no idea! That is where I would like to vacation or retire... THX for this info... I think me, Countrymom, and Blue should all come there and visit...lol

Oh, yes, good idea. I have been to Boston, to Rhode Island, and to Mystic, Connecticut. I think that was all one trip so I have not really seen much of New England. I would like to see Martha's Vineyard. The Chapel Hill Taylors (James Taylor's family) had a house there & a friend of my brother's does but I have never been there.
    I would love to go to Maine too. I love lobster but feel guilty eating them. Loved Boston. We went to a museum & saw wonderful Greek vases and to Durgin Park for a meal. They had everything from lobster to Osso Bucco. You get to sit across the long table & talk to strangers. At least I do. I am bad about that if tables are even close. I enjoy meeting people!

#10246   2013/07/08 08:48AM
    Blue 501

Have a great day!!

I usually just use pumpkin pie filling out of a can. Chiseling it out of a whole raw pumpkin is very hard work. Even better, use sweet potatoes instead to make a "pumpkin" pie. No hint of bitterness and if you put raisins in it, even better. Coconut too if you like. Mighty good eating! I regard pumpkin as being in the same category as rhubarb-just an excuse to make a pie! You always have to add strawberries or something good to the rhubarb to make it edible.
    Is your hydrangea blue? I love the dark blue ones. They would be pretty with pink roses.

#10247   2013/07/08 08:55AM
    Blue 501

Quote deceived:
    Quote Blue 501: Good morning. Thunder & heavy rain today. I just brought the dog in b/c he is terrified of bad weather.
    I guess we won't be pollinating today but I do have a fistful of errands to run.
    I did bring some croissants & butter & cherry preserves though & am brewing some Costa Rican coffee & Russian Caravan tea.
    Everyone have a good day. Just a reminder to anyone who lives near Raleigh, NC. Thursday is "Peach Day" at the Farmer's Market. I have been dying for some fresh peaches with real flavor. Almost got the flavor in some Saturday but they were light colored & cling stone. I want some big luscious bright yellow freestones that are meltingly ripe! And lots of cream & maybe just a dust of sugar.

Good morning everyone! And Blue! Well, another 100+ degree day for us...broiling hot!!! GEEZ... feel like I am in an oven and cant get out... scary...
    My husband wants to move back up north to Detroit... but it is cold there... oh well..,
    My son planted pumpkins and wow a huge one came up... we plucked it and so today, I am going to try my hand at a homemade pumpkin pie and pumpkin seeds... wish me luck... if anyone has ever done that, please feel free to give me some pointers...
    THX for the breakfast and coffee. Hope Y&R gets better, if not, I'm gone... I could be doing other things with my free time.

Well, CM says that today will be a big day re the paternity story. Can't wait. Please, writers & actors, don't blow it. I had better go get the errands done. Everytime I plan to get up early & set out while it is cool & get distracted (mostly fighting on FB) & wait til the hottest part of the day & then have to rush back for Y&R & end up on the computer, just listening to the show with one ear.
    Deceived, how is your problem doing? Has it healed? I surely hope so. I need to make an appt with a dermatologist & have her look me over. My g.p. says women my age, especially those of us who have sunned, need to go once a year to be checked out.
    Got to run now. Good day to all!

#10248   2013/07/08 09:00AM
    Blue 501

CM, I am subject to obsessions (for reasons you know). When it was roses, they were so magnificent that I could go out and pick a dozen of the same kind or compatible ones most any summer day. I had over 70 hybrid teas not counting the old fashioned varieties like moss roses & bourbon roses that I collected.
    The next floral one was oriental lilies, all gone now, prey to the wild rodents. Then it was daylilies when I went to Daylily Auction every single day & bid with bated breath. I also checked out the hybridizers (hundreds of them) every day for new postings. And bought them by the dozens. Now I am not obsessed with them, just still reaping the rewards. lol

#10249   2013/07/08 09:04AM
    deceived

Quote Blue 501:

Have a great day!!

I usually just use pumpkin pie filling out of a can. Chiseling it out of a whole raw pumpkin is very hard work. Even better, use sweet potatoes instead to make a "pumpkin" pie. No hint of bitterness and if you put raisins in it, even better. Coconut too if you like. Mighty good eating! I regard pumpkin as being in the same category as rhubarb-just an excuse to make a pie! You always have to add strawberries or something good to the rhubarb to make it edible.
    Is your hydrangea blue? I love the dark blue ones. They would be pretty with pink roses.

Sounds like long hard work... GEEZ.. but I guess it will be quality time with my little boy...he is so proud of his pumpkin. Raisins sound great... thx to all for the ideas.

#10250   2013/07/08 08:28PM
    Blue 501

Quote deceived:
    Quote Blue 501:

Have a great day!!

Sounds like long hard work... GEEZ.. but I guess it will be quality time with my little boy...he is so proud of his pumpkin. Raisins sound great... thx to all for the ideas.

Oh, I forgot your little boy was involved. Of course you want to make him a pie from his pumpkin. Does anyone have some hints to make it easier?

« 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list