List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/29 11:38AM, Views: 318116, Replies: 11404
    « 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 » »| page:
    #10231   2013/07/03 12:48PM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Calypso

Hi everyone!

Having a get together with neighbors tomorrow for the 4th of July and fireworks off the beach. Our menu is beer can chicken, potato salad, grilled watermelon salad, and corn bread poppers.
    CM: your Canada Day party sounded like a blast. I love margaritas!!
    Blue: that Master W sounds like a hoot, and such a lovely boy. PS. I watch Under the Dome, too.....a bit different from what I remember from the book.
    deceived: have a great b-b-q with your family.
    habbyfan: hope you enjoyed your family on Canada Day too.

Happy fireworks everyone!! Tell your family members that you love them!!!!
    God Bless the USA....Lee Greenwood...love that song!!!

#10232   2013/07/04 05:03AM
    Blue 501

Quote Calypso: Hi everyone!

Having a get together with neighbors tomorrow for the 4th of July and fireworks off the beach. Our menu is beer can chicken, potato salad, grilled watermelon salad, and corn bread poppers.
    CM: your Canada Day party sounded like a blast. I love margaritas!!
    Blue: that Master W sounds like a hoot, and such a lovely boy. PS. I watch Under the Dome, too.....a bit different from what I remember from the book.
    deceived: have a great b-b-q with your family.
    habbyfan: hope you enjoyed your family on Canada Day too.

Happy fireworks everyone!! Tell your family members that you love them!!!!
    God Bless the USA....Lee Greenwood...love that song!!!

I hope we are all invited 'cause I am coming! Sounds great. I thought of going to the Eno Festival. The only time I can spend the day outside in July is when it is raining & that it is, non-stop. But no Celtic band this year. They used to have such big crowds that they had up to 4 stages with entertainment but they are winding down these days. A few years ago they let seniors in free but that was the only time. I guess they did not realize that nearly ALL their audience are seniors. lol. I probably should not go anywhere though. Mom fell again yesterday-says she just "melted" so she sat down on her bed steps & could not get back up. At least I was able to get her up. Last time an EMT had to come do it b/c she was flat on the floor & I am not strong enough to take her entire weight.
    A good 4th to everyone! If I don't go to the Eno Festival I might slip off for a couple of hours & see Johnny Depp in "The Lone Ranger". That should be an experience. Love him. There was an interview in Playboy (V gets it) where it was stated that Johnny put a large live scorpion in his mouth on the set after seeing one emerge from the mouth of one of the scorpion handlers. Bobbi said she saw him on a night show recently & he seemed to be having trouble talking. No effing wonder!

#10233   2013/07/04 11:44AM
    Blue 501

Well, the sun came out w/o wetting all the pollen so I made crosses til I couldn't see straight & came inside. Fabulous daylilies this year including some "sports" (when you get a bloom on the same plant which is different). One is a fresh pink with a yellow lightening bolt on one pink petal. The other is a pink & yellow two tone but that usually alternates every other petal & this one is half & half, as if the yellow daylily was dipped halfway into a cup of pink dye. And yesterday I got a couple of 8 petaled blooms and a 16 petal bloom of Lurch, which is already a humongous specimen. I saw a nearly mature preying mantis too. For having such tiny little heads, they are pretty clever. They used to put their egg cases on the lilies or the peach tree but this was not optimal. Now they lay them on the camellia branches on the side closest to the wall of the shed. Bingo! Best & safest place. One egg case hatched out near my steps. The little ones get to collect small insects attracted by the light or mosy around to a couple of small beds of daylilies beside the steps. (I like mantises because they eat harmful insects. And besides, they look kind of cool).

#10234   2013/07/04 11:45AM
    Blue 501

oops again.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/04 11:46AM
    #10235   2013/07/05 05:50AM
    Blue 501

I brought some blueberries, cream, & fresh waffles for breakfast. Ugandan Bugilu coffee & Czar Nicholas II tea. Have a good day. I messed around & did not go to my movie or my Eno Festival & now my daughter has plans for today & tomorrow & we can't both be out of the house b/c Mama is too unsteady on her feet. But Alex says I can go to the Festival tomorrow as long as I am home by 3 p.m. (it starts at 10, I think). I think she drags the baby around way too much, esp when she plans an outing twice in the same day but I know she gets a little stir crazy without her concerts. She has been a very devoted mother & wears him in a wrap most of the time.

#10236   2013/07/05 05:55AM
    Blue 501

The baby is such a cutie pie. When he is rested, fed, & clean & dry he is such a happy little guy. All I have to do is speak to him or cuddle him & I get a huge grin. Granny gets them too (I am Grandmama, my mother is Granny). His hair is light brown with gold glints in it now but his eyelashes are very dark & his eyes are beautiful. Still blue but bound to be darker when they are finally their permanent color. He is a beautiful baby. I am so grateful he is healthy and that my daughter is doing well.

#10237   2013/07/07 10:22AM
    Blue 501

Hello all. Not too much interesting going on with me (that I dare repeat anyway). Just piddling with my flowers but they are so delightfully beautiful that they consume me. I am still getting hundreds of daylily blooms a day & trying to pollinate the best for seeds. I wish I had a greenhouse but doubt one would survive. The winds here are fierce at times.
    I also have a new row of glads that are so intensely colored. A purple that is so nearly black. Absolutely beautiful in a clear crystal vase. I also have bright crimson, and orange. A striking combination. I have to juggle the vases around to find the best match. I still have armloads of pink with white & yellow, which are very pretty, & white with purple accents. They usually go in a purple & clear vase. The orange & yellow & salmon ones go in a reddish orange vase.
    I have spiders blooming now that look as though they came from another planet. Great long dangling, curling tentacles. I am trying to pollinate them now. It is hard to set a seed on any of them but the payback is worth it. The only new plant I have from a spider cross so far is an absolutely enormous yellow with cream with a ten inch wing span & very tall. I think it came off "Here's Mary!" crossed with a plain old diploid. However I bought a lot of spiders or raised them from purchased seeds from another hybridizer & have a lot of variations with which to work. I could get some stunning results. My favorites are purple or pale lavender with pale green markings, a huge pink with yellow, & some yellow ones with interesting shape. There is an orchid & white one that is strikingly beautiful.

#10238   2013/07/08 05:42AM
    Blue 501

Good morning. Thunder & heavy rain today. I just brought the dog in b/c he is terrified of bad weather.
    I guess we won't be pollinating today but I do have a fistful of errands to run.
    I did bring some croissants & butter & cherry preserves though & am brewing some Costa Rican coffee & Russian Caravan tea.
    Everyone have a good day. Just a reminder to anyone who lives near Raleigh, NC. Thursday is "Peach Day" at the Farmer's Market. I have been dying for some fresh peaches with real flavor. Almost got the flavor in some Saturday but they were light colored & cling stone. I want some big luscious bright yellow freestones that are meltingly ripe! And lots of cream & maybe just a dust of sugar.

#10239   2013/07/08 06:06AM
    deceived

Quote Blue 501: Good morning. Thunder & heavy rain today. I just brought the dog in b/c he is terrified of bad weather.
    I guess we won't be pollinating today but I do have a fistful of errands to run.
    I did bring some croissants & butter & cherry preserves though & am brewing some Costa Rican coffee & Russian Caravan tea.
    Everyone have a good day. Just a reminder to anyone who lives near Raleigh, NC. Thursday is "Peach Day" at the Farmer's Market. I have been dying for some fresh peaches with real flavor. Almost got the flavor in some Saturday but they were light colored & cling stone. I want some big luscious bright yellow freestones that are meltingly ripe! And lots of cream & maybe just a dust of sugar.

Good morning everyone! And Blue! Well, another 100+ degree day for us...broiling hot!!! GEEZ... feel like I am in an oven and cant get out... scary...
    My husband wants to move back up north to Detroit... but it is cold there... oh well..,
    My son planted pumpkins and wow a huge one came up... we plucked it and so today, I am going to try my hand at a homemade pumpkin pie and pumpkin seeds... wish me luck... if anyone has ever done that, please feel free to give me some pointers...
    THX for the breakfast and coffee. Hope Y&R gets better, if not, I'm gone... I could be doing other things with my free time.

#10240   2013/07/08 06:29AM
    countryMomof4

Blue, I have never had so many flowers from my own garden that I was struggling to find enough vases. I'm so jealous! Your lilies and glads sound divine. I'm picturing this absolute sea of blooms with gorgeous fragrances floating in the air. We are expecting thunderstorms later this evening so maybe your weather is coming our way.

I hear you deceived. It's hot as Hades here but so humid. Feels tropical at times.I've grown pumpkins but never done pie from one. Google might have to be your friend on that one.

I've been outdoors most of the weekend so I have to get to work cleaning the inside. BORING! So many tumbleweeds of hair blowing around. I need to teach the kitties to run the vacuum.

« 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list