List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Started by Blue 501 at 2011/03/14 12:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/19 05:24AM, Views: 271495, Replies: 10967
    « 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 » »| page:
    #10211   2013/06/25 12:58PM
    Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please
    Blue 501

Quote Calypso: Hi Everyone!

Really nice sunny day today....after the 8" of rain we've had this month so far, I'm ready for some sun...going to lie out on the beach for a bit, after I weed the garden....thank goodness it's drying out. Why do weeds grow anywhere, anytime?????

CM...hope your kitty is adjusting well to the insulin, and no more big storms, hopeful for you and your kitty.

deceived, hope you get a chance to take your trip to see your grandkids soon.

annal, good to hear from you and glad you're doing well.

Blue, have a great time at the beach, and if you were there long enough, I'd send you a message in a bottle...

habbyfan, how's your research going? I'm still making my family tree with everyhting I know or can find out. found out from a family member that we already have a family tree...waiting for a copy of the research done about 10 years ago.

May go for a boat ride chugging around the bay later if it's not to rough for our little boat.....It sure looks spiffy after the redo this past winter and spring.

Native strawberries and Swedish pound cake for a snack.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey Calypso. I have a bucket of clams. After Y&R, I am going to go open them & make some clam chowder (potatoes, clams, & onions with maybe just a little bacon).

#10212   2013/06/25 01:18PM
    deceived

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote deceived: Hello Everyone... Good Morning...
    Here's a cup of Folgiers Black Silk coffee for you: C[~]
    I love to bake fresh Jiffy blueberry muffins in the morning also... so here's a plate...
    Where's everyone??? I have been tired from the unstoppable heat down here in TX... over a 100 everyday... it is sapping all my energy...
    When I lived in Detroit for the first 25 years of my life, we went from heated building to heated building to car. Now, I skip from air conditioned building to building to car... LOL Even the sun seems closer... "YIKES!"
    How's the posting??? Easier, harder, or just boring...

We are mostly chatting "elsewhere". Treacherous waters on some sites.

I do not blame you,,, I don't recognize 3/4 of the posters... either ones following the newbies, or trolls... but I am not falling for this newbie show... I watch less and less and post less and less. If I drop out of sight, don't be surprised... good knowing you... and posting with you for the last 7 years... and the others...

#10213   2013/06/25 01:24PM
    habbyfan

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Calypso: Hi Everyone!

Really nice sunny day today....after the 8" of rain we've had this month so far, I'm ready for some sun...going to lie out on the beach for a bit, after I weed the garden....thank goodness it's drying out. Why do weeds grow anywhere, anytime?????

CM...hope your kitty is adjusting well to the insulin, and no more big storms, hopeful for you and your kitty.

deceived, hope you get a chance to take your trip to see your grandkids soon.

annal, good to hear from you and glad you're doing well.

Blue, have a great time at the beach, and if you were there long enough, I'd send you a message in a bottle...

habbyfan, how's your research going? I'm still making my family tree with everyhting I know or can find out. found out from a family member that we already have a family tree...waiting for a copy of the research done about 10 years ago.

May go for a boat ride chugging around the bay later if it's not to rough for our little boat.....It sure looks spiffy after the redo this past winter and spring.

Native strawberries and Swedish pound cake for a snack.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey Calypso. I have a bucket of clams. After Y&R, I am going to go open them & make some clam chowder (potatoes, clams, & onions with maybe just a little bacon).

I am so happy I stopped in to-day,you have made me salivate
    with all this talk about clams.

Nice to hear you are having a break Blue.

Calypso I have been up to my ears in Ancestry work,attaching found birth,marriage and death certificates I have found on line.

Annal that is so unfair,so sad.

Hi cMom 'waves to you'

#10214   2013/06/26 03:37AM
    Blue 501

Good morning all. Flaky cherry pastries and Sumatran Mandeling coffee. Russian Caravan tea.
    Time for me to hunker down & get some things done. I need to ration both soaps talk & Face Book but FB has become soooo much fun for me. Someone started a Memories page for my home village & people are posting all their old family pictures & a lot of family tree & I have so much (16,200 souls now) so I get to chime in & help people fill in their trees. I am having so much fun & got my friend the historian to join & he has wonderful pictures that he has collected over years doing interviews of some of the oldest folk around (my mother being one of them). & Wonderful stories. Like how a guy from Hampstead got the name of "Sap" (as a young boy, he shot the heel off a lady's shoe as she was coming down the steps at his granny's and she said "You g.d. little redheaded sapsucker!" The same boy caused his granddaddy's hogs to stampede when he threw a bear paw into the pig pen. His daddy whipped him every day until the last one of those hogs was rounded up & brought home. Mean folks. And bear hunters. And kin to me. lol. He also told a story about people being so poor they did not have shoes for the children so if they wanted to take one of the boys hunting, they would have him step in pine pitch, then into pine straw , til he had a big, thick mat of pine straw stuck to his feet. One of the boys, grown & getting old now, and a poet & a believer in Atlantis, said "They made good shoes except you could not take them off".

#10215   2013/06/26 03:44AM
    Blue 501

Quote deceived:
    Quote Blue 501:
    I love to bake fresh Jiffy blueberry muffins in the morning also... so here's a plate...
    Where's everyone??? I have been tired from the unstoppable heat down here in TX... over a 100 everyday... it is sapping all my energy...
    When I lived in Detroit for the first 25 years of my life, we went from heated building to heated building to car. Now, I skip from air conditioned building to building to car... LOL Even the sun seems closer... "YIKES!"

I do not blame you,,, I don't recognize 3/4 of the posters... either ones following the newbies, or trolls... but I am not falling for this newbie show... I watch less and less and post less and less. If I drop out of sight, don't be surprised... good knowing you... and posting with you for the last 7 years... and the others...

You do not recognize them because a lot of them are trolls or people using throw away names so they can say anything they want to. I think I recognize some of them by their rhetoric but I just read what seems interesting and try to ignore the posts that upset me & stay out of trouble. In reading the boards, it sounds like the show is about high drama now but when I actually watch, it is such a snooze fest. So, I guess it is just the board that is high drama. lol.
    I finally saw most of Billy's tv movie "Fatal Honeymoon" & was actually scared by the character Billy played. Shivers. He is a good actor. They had Harvey Keitel playing the father of the dead bride. Quite a shift for him but he did it well.

#10216   2013/06/26 05:08AM
    deceived

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote deceived:
    Quote Blue 501:

You do not recognize them because a lot of them are trolls or people using throw away names so they can say anything they want to. I think I recognize some of them by their rhetoric but I just read what seems interesting and try to ignore the posts that upset me & stay out of trouble. In reading the boards, it sounds like the show is about high drama now but when I actually watch, it is such a snooze fest. So, I guess it is just the board that is high drama. lol.
    I finally saw most of Billy's tv movie "Fatal Honeymoon" & was actually scared by the character Billy played. Shivers. He is a good actor. They had Harvey Keitel playing the father of the dead bride. Quite a shift for him but he did it well.

I saw that movie also... he is being wasted panting after Victoria right now... it's sickening...
    Yes, I recognize the trolls. This show is getting harder to watch... but when I see the Veterans, I have hope...
    THX for breakfast!!!

#10217   2013/06/26 06:15AM
    countryMomof4

Quote annal: I just got some bad news yesterday I am not pleased with it.mu dad hasn't been feeling well Sick Lot he's been having test after test and he found out he has cancer too.he don't deserve that be works a lot to keep himself busy he doesn't sit still.im like him and now he's sick it's not fair my family exepted me now having to deal with another family member not good.thanks for listening it sucks.

Oh annal, that is terrible news! Your family has a lot to deal with. My prayers and thought go out to you all.

The heat up here is draining , deceived. We have had super high humidity for days and temps around 90. We don't that very often which is a blessing but it's so uncomfortable. The air has been on constantly! I don't like having to keep the windows and doors closed. It's hard on the dogs too.

How was your boat ride Calypso? Nothing like being out on the water!

habby, you sound as if you are making progress with your ancestry! I confess that all i've done is make a small family tree in my Bible. I'm on the net far too much anyway. LOL!

I'm not minding the show so much. Some of the s/ls are dragging but that happens. I don't like it when they are rushed although I AM tired of Nick not telling the truth. Just get it over with.

As for the board, I just can't with some of those threads.

#10218   2013/06/26 09:32AM
    deceived

I brought some peach pie for brunch, and some strong coffee....
    Have you all ever heard of the 'Patchwork Mysteries' put out by Guideposts? They are so heartwarming, with old houses, gardens, comfort food, family histories, and quilts... I love them,, I have 6 so far...

#10219   2013/06/26 01:49PM
    Calypso

Hi everyone!

Hazy, hot and humid here (but not like your temps, deceived). have been sitting around the beach, with my feet in the water (water temp still cold about 59). We have gone for a couple chugs around the bay in our whaler looking for steamer beds that haven't been disturbed and quahogs...think we found a good spot, but will wait until low tide at a good time on a weekday to further investigate.....don't want to give away the location to many people...haha

Blue: your clam chowder sounds yummy....do you make a really creamy one? I make both the creamy one ( I add a bit of sherry) and a more watery one. Hope you had a great time at the beach.....how did Master W enjoy his first beach outing?
    annal: I am so sad about your news....I will pray for you, and wish you and your family well.
    habbyfan: haven't done much with my ancestry lately. How many generations have you gone back? I'm only at the great great gm/gf, but I'm only putting in what I know or other family members have told me. Haven't paid yet.
    CM: sounds like your weather is like ours...triple H....Your gardens and orchard must be flourishing with the humidity...apple orchard?

I haven't been posting lately on other threads, something seems wrong to me, but I'm somewhat of a newbie to all this, so what do I know.....

Thanks for the pie, deceived....the pastries were all gone Blue, but the crumbs were good!!! I washed the plate.

Have a great day....Farmers market tomorrow, I'll bring some treats!!!

#10220   2013/06/26 02:27PM
    Blue 501

Wiley screamed his head off when Alex took him in the pool the first time but the wind blew his hat off & he might have been cold. He had a play date this week & this time he loved the pool!
    That little bugger is now 26 1/4 inches long. (At birth he was almost 21 inches & he is now 4 months old. I am not sure if this means he will grow into a tall man or what but I guarantee he will be able to outrun me on those long & sturdy legs in no time at all. lol.
    Calypso, I will probably add milk & some cooked bacon to my clams, potatos, & onions to serve it. Too watery right now but I had to get them opened & cooked. Time was running out. I should have cooked them Sunday night when we got back but I was just so tired. Did not even unload the car except for perishables (I hope).
    I like Manhattan style chowder too. Mama likes what she calls "Brown Sound Clam Chowder" which has browned corn meal, & salt pork in it. I think that's all except for plenty of clams, clam broth, & water.

« 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list