List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: CBS Soaps In Depth March 28 spoilers

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CBS Soaps In Depth March 28 spoilers

Started by chancegirl at 2011/03/10 03:09PM
    Latest post: 2011/03/12 11:21AM, Views: 5115, Replies: 21
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2011/03/10 03:09PM
    CBS Soaps In Depth March 28 spoilers
    chancegirl

All info is per March 28 CBS Soaps In Depth issue

YR Changes for Nick and Sharon!

Let's face: Ever since YR's Nck and Sharon filed for divorce fans have been clamoring to see the former golden couple get back together. But while Sharon insists she's now inlove with Adam, and nick has been attracted to his dad's new wife, Diane..WillYR ever give die-hard viewers what they really want - Shick reconciliation?

Co-headwriter Scott Hamner says that even though the feelings of anger have subsided between Nick and Shaon, that doesn't mean the duo can so easily go back to the days of wine and roses and starry-eyed romance. The dynamics have changed in a way that it will be very difficult temto return to the wa they were. They are changed people. They are not the Nick and Sharon who were in high school together. They are not the Nick and Sharon who were young and even recent lovers. Daughter Cassie's death funamentally cahnged them, but it's Sharon's involvementw/ Newman black sheep Adam that has put steel in the beauty's backbone. Hamner says, Nick is always willing to come to Sharon's rescue at the drop of a hat, but she crossed a line with the men who have always been her champions, notes the scribe. That's shifted the way a lot of people see her and relate to her. That is the difference moving ahead for Nick and Sharon, no matter what the future may eventually hold in store for them.

Hamner Says: In other words, If Nick can get use to a stronger Sharon, a less damsel-in-distress-y Sharon, then yes, Shick fans may still get the reunion they've been yearning for!

YR Emmy Controversy!
    The pre-noms for the Daytime Emmys are out, but some omissions and category choices have YR fans scratching their heads. We went straight to the actors to get the scoop on your biggest questions!

As usual, the ballot contained some surprisng omissions. Among them? Sharon Case (Sharon) and Eileen Davidson (Ashley). Pre-nominee (and three time winner) Peter Bergman (Jack) sharesthat sentiment w/ fans: "They're both fine actors and do really great work."

The reson for these omissions isnt nefarious, though, as neither actress submitted themselves. Davidson explained why, tweeting, "I haven't really worked much this year."

As for Christel Khalil whose alter ego, Lily, battld cancer this year, the fan fav's absence is simple-there was a mix up. "I didn't realize the deadline had passed, she explains. A producer asked meif I wanted to submit myself, but I though he was talking about another awards show and said no. I just didn't realize, it was a complete misunderstanding.

Despite some stellar performances, Stacy Haiduk (Patty/Emily) did not get a pre-nom. I was sorry to see that says Bergman, who fees the actress was a victim of timing.

Three time winner Christian Jules LeBlanc (Michael) is undeniably a great actor, but some viewers wondered why he trew his hat in the OUtstanding Lead Actor ring even thouh his character was arguable more of a supporting player last year. "I didn't really think about it," he says when asked why he opted for the lead category. "It's such a subjective ting. Thre's always been debate about whether or not I'm a lead actor. There was no strategizing. I'm proud of the wonderful scenes I had w/ Tracey (Lauren)."

The pre noms are out but the official nom list is ou May 11. The show is Sunday, June 19 in Las Vegas, no word on whether it will be aired on TV at press time. However, there is hope, we want to do it, and CBS wants us to do it.

Ins & Outs
    YR Colin's staying! Will his son be back too?

Status:Although Tristan Rogers originally signed on for just 10 episodes as the dastardly Colin on YR, it now looks like the dashing Aussie will make GC his permanant home.

Rogers says, "They have give me a contract!" Of course this means that the underhanded Mob boss will be sticking around awhile.

One word to describe my character after being place on Contract is they have "softened" him, says Rogers. It's almost like he is going through a stage of redemption. Whether that is a smoke screen, I don't know.

The actor promises there is plenty more Clin to come. "We haven't even scratched the surface as to who this guy is," Rogers notes. What's his bacground, and what's his real connection to Cane? Does this mean ther's hope that Cane is really alive, despite bing gunned down utside achurch on screen and Lily's ghostly visions? fter all, this wouldn't be the first time in recent history that YR pulled a bait and switch. (Just ask Skye, Adam an Chance about that.) There's something there, Rogers says of the mystery. But he further insists he has no intel on future plot twists. "I've made it a poin of not asking what is really going on and I'm taking it as it's handed to me" sums up Rogers.

What does this men for Kay: Her dislike of Colin is apparent, and we can't wait to see these two go toe-to-toe. Kay needs a new rival!

Jill: This is one marriage that just might last. Oh, who are we kidding? It's Jill!

Cane: As long as his mobster dad is in town, a Mafia-related resurrection is always possible for Lily's husband says CBS/YR brass.

Ins & Outs
    A big change for Gloria?
    Status: Eagle eyed viewers have noticed that Judith Chapman's name has moved around a bit on the closing credits of YR. Instead of being listed alphabetically w/ other contract players, the fan fav's handle appear w/ non contract actors like Ted Shackelford (Jeff) ad Sean Kana (Deacon). So does this mean a signficant decrease in Glo's screen time? Not necessarily.

Insiders speculate that viewers will continue to see Chapman -and Gloria- as stories warrant. Indeed, Tricia Cast (Nina) is also not contract, but she receive enought story last year to be pre nominated for a Daytime Emmy in the Outstanding Supporting Actress Category. YR's policy is not to comment on contracts, casting or storyline speculation. The soap-hopping Chapman joined the top rated daytime serial in Jan. 2005.

Last Chance:
    Status: Nina's boy returned to town when Ronan got sick in order to help his long-lost brother, but hestuck around to testify at the police corruption trial. However, despte his own reservations, it's been madevery cear to Chance that after he testifies, he needs to go back into Witness Protection for his own safety.

Now that the trial is upon us does this mean that Chance, and his portrayer John Driscoll will soon be leaving to? YR does not comment on storylien or speculation, but said o stay tuned! (Word is he will be sticking around a bit longer)! But for now the actor is on recurring.

Set your DVR
    Deacon's Busted!
    Quick! Someone hid the booze! Why? Because Nikki is about to have one heck of a bad week First, there's finding out that Vic ran off and married Diane. (And let's face it: NO matter what Nikki says, she will always love the big lug). As if that weren't enough, Nikki then finds out hat Deacon's been keeping a secret. And not a little one like "I only pretend to like the opera b/c you do,' ether, but a whopper! Elsewhee in GC, the police-corruption trial gets underway w/ Chance taking the stand. But what he says just might place someone close to him in danger. And Tucker may want to brae himself b/c Kay is about to get in his face w/ regard to his machinations!

Love and Marriage
    They say if you marry in haste, you may repend in leisure. But this week on YR, Victor sets that old adage on its ear, b/c his marriage to Diane may have everyone in GC repenting soon.

Matters of the Heart
    As the week begins Diane is adjusting to her new status as Mrs. Victor Newman..and that includes lockup up any errant feeling she may still have for her hubby's son! "It was sort of a perfect storm thatdrove her into Vic's arms in spite of her chemistry and pull w/ Nck,' reminds Scott Hamner, Co headwriter. Nick pulled away from her at a very crucial moment. On V-day, Nick and Diane lookd like they had a future, but Nick was a little hesitant and Victor made his very public and grad gesture, which got the ball rollin.

Diane is now in a position w/ Vic of having a marriage w/ him, which we've seen her working toward for many, many years. This has been a goal tat she's tried to attain just as long as she's been around. At it's core is a need for security and need to provide for Kyle. She is acting from her head, rather than her heart and we will see moving forward if this will cost her.

Having just been sacked from NE, Nick isn't exactly ready to lift a champagne flute to tast the newlyweds. Hamner says, "Nick is hurt and is feeling some outrage that Diane did this," Nick was always told that she was a mercinary, a schemer and selfish, but Nick didn't see her that way. He saw a softer, much more appealing side to her and they connected, confirms Hamner. Now that she has gone off and married Victor, it paints her in a more negative light for GC. Which is exactly what Vic wanted. Vicalways has at least one master plan-if not three or four master plans laughs the scribe. Vic is looking at the big picture w/ this marriage. He is being smart about thi. He's drawn up a prenup that Diane signed that is very much in Vic's favor. He's got a surface agenda of having Diane as a companion, but underneath that is the notion of being cruel to be kind. Nick is a concern to Victor, and Victor believe that Diane would not be good for Nick, tat Nick would be stepping in to a minefield w/ her, so he has taken it upon himself to remove her from the running in Nick's heart.

Icing on the cake for Vic, is being step dad to his rivals son. Part of the pre nup is that Vic will provide for Kyle financially, and that enrages Jack.

Nikki too, must deal w/ her ex's shocking elopment.

Back at the ranch Vic gives his wife a very exensive necklace, that perks Diane right up...but can the bling, replace the zing she felt in Nick' arms? The marriage is looked upon between Vic/Diane as a business arrangement, and they can make successful relationships.

Even so, says Hamner, the heart wants what it wants. Will Victor soon discover that there's a limit to the control he wields, and emotions, once turned on, aren't so easy sht off? "The feelings between Nick and Diane are definitley going to come up," Promises Hamner. "The question is going to be posed: Do you ct on hose feelings? How can you shut yourself down o you're notdriven by them, or they don't make you miserable?

Victor can be incredibly generous, loving and charismatic when he chooses to be, adds Hamner, warning it's not a foregone conclusion simply b/ Nick and Diane are so drawn to each other that Vic doesn't stand a chance w/ her. But who will she choose, Hamner says you will have to wait see how this all plays out.

Readers Poll
    Can Jack and Phyllis make it work this time? 54% say definitely not, while an evenly matche 46% says definitely.

Star Talk: Question: Which of your co-stars would you trust to do your taxes or manage your bank account, and why?

Michelle Stafford (Phyllis): None of those freaks! I wouldn't want them to even come close to my finances.

Michael Muhney (Adam) The first person that I'trust all my money to, without question, isJoshua Morrow (Nick). He is as stand up as they come. I've even told him if I ever had to leave the country at a moment's notice, I'd give him a briefcase full of cash and say, "Here's my wife and my kids. You av to watch over all this. I would trust all of that with him. Yeah it would have to be Josh.

Christel Khalil (Lily) Peter Bergman (Jack) He seems lie he'd be really good at that. I would trust him, b/c he seems so organized and put together. Maye he's a mess-I don't know! People can always fool you. But from the outside, he looks like he knows what he's doing.

Joshua Morrow (Nick) Trust my money stuf with? I would be my own choice! But if I couldn't pick me...I'd need somebody sharp and responsible. Well, I can instantly rule out Michael Muhney (Adam), Kristoff St. John (Neil), Micael Graziadei (Daniel)..Billy Miller (Billy) is out. I can't pick Amelia Heinle (Victoria). I'm going to say Per Bergman (Jack). I know he's responsible in life, so that must lead in to his financial world. I've narrowed it down to Peter. He's stedy.

Feature Interview with Eden Riegel: Talks about how soon she got pregnant after trying, having a boy, sharing the experience w/ Christel Khalil, Amelia Heinle and Marcy Rylan who have recently given birth. She also says she isn't fretting about juggling her career at YR and being a mom. She is due at the beginning of May around Mothers Day.

#2   2011/03/10 03:24PM
    Re: CBS Soaps In Depth March 28 spoilers
    Enjie

Thank you for posting! Very interesting read.

#3   2011/03/10 04:13PM
    countryMomof4

THANK YOU chancegirl!!!! That is a ton of info!

Could be good news about Cane too ( and Shick )

I did wonder if Victor married Diane partly to "save" Nick but mostly because he thought he couldn't have Nikki and wants to pizz off Jack.

#4   2011/03/10 05:12PM
    SamuraiJediS...

Quote countryMomof4: THANK YOU chancegirl!!!! That is a ton of info!

I did wonder if Victor married Diane partly to "save" Nick but mostly because he thought he couldn't have Nikki and wants to pizz off Jack.

to me regarding victor marrying diane is simply victor putting a much bigger plan in motion.. remember when jack involved colleen and she got killed and now jack eggs on abby to keep the lawsuit alive, well when victor becomes kyle's stepdaddy not much jack can do except start to get ready for victor's revenge against him and others

#5   2011/03/10 05:29PM
    Jaycee5

Scott Hamner is so full of it and he always has been. Hold your breath waiting for what he says to come true. lol!

#6   2011/03/10 05:30PM
    chancegirl

Quote SamuraiJediSentinelL:
    Quote countryMomof4: THANK YOU chancegirl!!!! That is a ton of info!

to me regarding victor marrying diane is simply victor putting a much bigger plan in motion.. remember when jack involved colleen and she got killed and now jack eggs on abby to keep the lawsuit alive, well when victor becomes kyle's stepdaddy not much jack can do except start to get ready for victor's revenge against him and others

Yes Samurai, I was thinking the exact same thing. Especially where Hamner said that Victor always had a master plan and three or four master plans. I was thinking about how Jack involved Colleen and Abby too, now Victor will have Kyle living at the ranch and will be the primary influence (male influence) over Jack's son. I also kind of took it like he was protecting Nick from Diane in a way. But it sounds like they soon give in to their desires and have a hard time fighting them.

CMOM, yes, I thought that was interesting that they were talking about Cane like that too. Does it sound to you like Colin set this up? Kinda did to me, w/ the mafia resurrection statement.

Again, I apologize for all the spelling errors and typo's. I was trying to read and type at the same time and was flying through it and tried to type word for word, but I noticed I misspelled a few things. LOL, sorry I need to proof my posts better, but I never do that. You all are welcome. Like I have said, I love it when others post spoilers and the info they learn so I enjoy posting them for you guys.

#7   2011/03/10 05:33PM
    countryMomof4

HAHA! Don't worry about typos or spelling mistakes with me! Have you seen some of my stuff??

#8   2011/03/10 05:43PM
    Jaycee5

This show should be renamed The Titanic. I have a very strong feeling that Sony/CBS have pretty much given up on Y&R. I would be very surprised if this show gets another extension.

#9   2011/03/10 05:50PM
    Enjie

Quote Jaycee5: This show should be renamed The Titanic. I have a very strong feeling that Sony/CBS have pretty much given up on Y&R. I would be very surprised if this show gets another extension.

Hey Jaycee, Why are you allowed to post as Jaycee and Caprica. I thought mutiple user names where against guidelines. You know like actor bashing is against guidelines. Just curious.

#10   2011/03/10 06:07PM
    chancegirl

Quote Jaycee5: This show should be renamed The Titanic. I have a very strong feeling that Sony/CBS have pretty much given up on Y&R. I would be very surprised if this show gets another extension.

I certainly hope it gets another extension. While I get frustrated w/ lots of s/l's and pairings at the end of the day YR is my fav. I always root for YR stars at the Emmy's even if they are my least fav couple. I like almost all the actors, even if I love to hate their character. YR is my all time fav, and is still leading the pack in viewers. Hopefully it will be around for a while.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list