List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Hiring and firing....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Hiring and firing....

Started by feronie at 2011/02/13 11:51AM
    Latest post: 2011/02/16 06:04AM, Views: 3337, Replies: 28
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2011/02/13 11:51AM
    Hiring and firing....
    feronie

It is hard for me to believe that "Cane" and "Chance" and
    "Ronan" were dismissed; yet the worthless "Kevin" and
    "Daniel" and "Noah" are still with the show.

I am not fond of "Colin"!!! I don't know why Y&R would choose to hire him.

Jana is becoming tiresome and does not advance the plot at all.

Malcolm's demeanor and manner of speech is repulsive to me.

If Y & R has to fire people, then fire the ones who are boring and who do not contribute to the plot.

#2   2011/02/13 12:04PM
    Re: Hiring and firing....
    grammapam

Quote feronie: It is hard for me to believe that "Cane" and "Chance" and

If Y & R has to fire people, then fire the ones who are boring and who do not contribute to the plot.
    I feel your pain Feronie!It must be hard,though,when you think about it,to be able to please ALL of us.
    There is a HUGE fan-base and unfortunately,we all like different characters.
    While Im not a lover of Colin,I find this new s/l intriging.Im sure he'll be around for quite some time,but I feel sorry for him when Jill finds out who he REALLY is!
    I also hate the way that theyve made Jana change into some wierdo whacko.I much like the old Jana.

#3   2011/02/13 12:21PM
    Jackie10

I agree with you both first put Jana back the way she used to be and put her with Kevin. Then as we have seen with Chance and numerous other characters they can get rid of them and bring them back as budget allows. Lets hope that when the Collin, Rider and all the other unnecessary characters story lines end they will bring back Cane and maybe Dru and Diego or some others that would make for good story lines.

#4   2011/02/13 12:42PM
    - Lauran

Quote feronie: It is hard for me to believe that "Cane" and "Chance" and

Well, if someone told me that the reason actors come and go is becuase of the compensation, I'd believe it. The actors that are worth more, probably don't want to stay working on a show where they don't get the pay they are used to getting, while those who may not be the best actors are probably grateful for the job and ANY kind of pay the make. It's probably just what the Y&R can or cannot afford to pay, that means who will stay and who will go. Maybe?

#5   2011/02/13 01:08PM
    soapqueen2008

First of all Ronan was not dismissed he just won't be seen on the canvas for the next couple of weeks. JB has not be fired, and when they let JD go it was not for good. Sometimes they move character temporarily off the Canvas to give storylines to characters that have been lacking one. I assure you JB was not fired but DG was and that was a mistake.

#6   2011/02/13 01:58PM
    Eppy

I am agreeing with all of you - especially -Lauran and soapqueen2008. Budget probably plays a big part of it as well as advancement of storylines.

I simply cannot understand why they released Daniel Goddard unless they wanted to take Lily's storyline somewhere else, but even so, Daniel could have had a lot of storyline with Colin and that may have been interesting.

#7   2011/02/13 02:02PM
    countryMomof4

I think that is why so many people are outraged. They could have split Lane up in order to take them in different directions. Killing one of them off was a bit over the top. His story with Colin is very exciting . TR and DG have great chemistry. I was riveted by their scenes together.

#8   2011/02/13 03:17PM
    Southbeach_gal

Quote soapqueen2008: First of all Ronan was not dismissed he just won't be seen on the canvas for the next couple of weeks. JB has not be fired, and when they let JD go it was not for good. Sometimes they move character temporarily off the Canvas to give storylines to characters that have been lacking one. I assure you JB was not fired but DG was and that was a mistake.

Poster *Chancegirl* would vehemently disagree with you. She keeps insisting that DG was NOT fired and that she *knows someone who knows*.

I know someone who's going to end up with egg all over their face--Chancegirl!

#9   2011/02/13 03:25PM
    countryMomof4

Quote Southbeach_gal:
    Quote soapqueen2008: First of all Ronan was not dismissed he just won't be seen on the canvas for the next couple of weeks. JB has not be fired, and when they let JD go it was not for good. Sometimes they move character temporarily off the Canvas to give storylines to characters that have been lacking one. I assure you JB was not fired but DG was and that was a mistake.

Poster *Chancegirl* would vehemently disagree with you. She keeps insisting that DG was NOT fired and that she *knows someone who knows*.

I know someone who's going to end up with egg all over their face--Chancegirl!

I don't think there was any need for that last remarkdo you? Imean...really? If you disagree,then just say so.

#10   2011/02/13 04:26PM
    Jaycee5

Nelson Branco kept saying that Lane was unbreakable. He also said MAB hated writing for Lane. MAB must have felt the only way she could be rid of Lane for good, was to kill one of them off. Her first choice was Lily. But her bosses said no so she killed Cane instead.

The lady kept her word. She said from day one she would not be intimadated and she meant it. Some folks still haven't gotten the message.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list