List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: The Best Jack: Terry Lester or Peter Bergman

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Best Jack: Terry Lester or Peter Bergman

Started by Jaycee5 at 2011/02/07 01:40PM
    Latest post: 2011/02/07 03:49PM, Views: 2239, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2011/02/07 01:40PM
    The Best Jack: Terry Lester or Peter Bergman
    Jaycee5

Terry Lester is LONG before my time but I have gotten to see some of his work on youtube. I have to vote for the man I know. The brilliant Peter Bergman.

#2   2011/02/07 01:43PM
    Re: The Best Jack: Terry Lester or Peter Bergman
    Castro

Terry Lester was great but Peter Bergman has OWNED his role as Jack Abbot

Peter Bergman

#3   2011/02/07 02:08PM
    mswoman

I saw Terry Lester as Jack many years ago, and thought that no one else could ever be as good in that role. But Peter Bergman has very much surpassed "good". He is excellently perfect in the role, with just the right amounts of sweetness and deviousness.

#4   2011/02/07 02:11PM
    velocity

It's impossible for me to choose. TL played Jack like a true villain, he was so good at being the Jack I loved to hate. PB, what can I say, I love PB's Jack Abbott, he's so suave and debonair.

#5   2011/02/07 02:21PM
    Daisy Jane

Quote Jaycee5: Terry Lester is LONG before my time but I have gotten to see some of his work on youtube. I have to vote for the man I know. The brilliant Peter Bergman.

I can't say one was better than the other because the two men played Jack on different levels.

Terry Lester was great as a younger carefree, playboy type, Jack Abbott. He played well with the younger, wilder and almost campy, Jill Foster Abbott (Brenda Dickinson).

Jack's character has evolved into a business man and more mature (in some ways, LOL). Both men were great in their roles. Peter Bergman has the best lines and he owns it using his own style.

#6   2011/02/07 02:29PM
    Caprica

Quote Daisy Jane:
    Quote Jaycee5: Terry Lester is LONG before my time but I have gotten to see some of his work on youtube. I have to vote for the man I know. The brilliant Peter Bergman.

I can't say one was better than the other because the two men played Jack on different levels.

Terry Lester was great as a younger carefree, playboy type, Jack Abbott. He played well with the younger, wilder and almost campy, Jill Foster Abbott (Brenda Dickinson).

Jack's character has evolved into a business man and more mature (in some ways, LOL). Both men were great in their roles. Peter Bergman has the best lines and he owns it using his own style.

I think PB is awesome. I wish I could have seen Terry Lester. I have read many great posts about him like yours.

#7   2011/02/07 02:31PM
    Sharonhearts...

Terry Lester is the definite Jack in my opinion. I was very young when I starting watching Y&R and Terry played Jack, but I still remember him well. Terry was a force. His Jack was more cunning, more ruthless, and highly entertaining. It was a shame he left the role.

Having said all that, PB was an excellent re-cast and has made Jack his own. His Jack is softer but still a joy for me to watch.

But at the end of the day, Terry is Jack for me and PB is still Cliff from AMC for me lol.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/02/07 02:32PM
    #8   2011/02/07 03:16PM
    beep

Quote Daisy Jane:

I think you are dead on with your comments.

#9   2011/02/07 03:21PM
    clicquot1

Quote Daisy Jane:

Great post, DAISY!

PB is little Cliffie Barnes with a touch of JR thrown in!

#10   2011/02/07 03:26PM
    soapsrfun

I was thinking about Terry Lester the other day and he created the character of Jack. He was great. When Peter Bergman took over it took him awhile but he has definitely made Jack his own.
    This is one re-cast that was inspired. I can't really pick a favorite.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list