List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Baby Lucy

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Baby Lucy

Started by jennontour at 2011/01/24 06:07AM
    Latest post: 2011/01/24 07:50PM, Views: 1994, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2011/01/24 06:07AM
    Baby Lucy
    jennontour

As Daniel never wanted the baby, who can blame him? I believe he should allow Billy and Victoria to keep her. The excitement and suspense can come later when her mother comes back in a few years to make trouble again and claim her. Then Daniel can be the knight in shining armor. Maybe Victoria and Billy can be the Brad and Angie of the soap world and have 6 kids. They can always still fight for Reed.

#2   2011/01/24 09:56AM
    Re: Baby Lucy
    Sweet Sinsat...

I have nothing but the best wishes for Billy & Vikki. I love them as a couple and this baby enhances all that they stand for. Now my only hope is that Phyills nosy butt stay away. I know everyone can see the babies hair a little RED!

~Ss

#3   2011/01/24 10:04AM
    Kerfuffles

Daniel may let things be for the time being, but the truth will of course eventually come out.

The thing is, Billy buying this baby is bigger than just "Billy and Victoria are happy with Lucy and will treat Lucy well." Daniel has to consider his other family members that have no idea that his daughter is supposedly happy and healthy. Is it worth it to leave them in the dark wondering if their grandaughter, niece, cousin, etc. is dead or suffering somewhere?

Then there is the whole issue that if Daniel doesn't say anything, he's complicity allowing people to go around buying and selling babies like chattel. Sure, Lucy found an ostensibly good home (though I really wonder what kind of family she is getting where her parents think it's okay to buy babies and lie to eachother about it), but what about the other babies PrimRose is selling? And sure, Lucy was abandoned by her psychotic mom, but where are the other babies coming from that Primrose is selling? Are they being kidnapped from their mothers like Ronan was from Nina?

There's a whole lot more at issue here than "what makes Billy and Victoria happy." (And frankly, I don't think Victoria would be that happy with the situation if she knew the huge lie her husband was telling her and how she ended up with that baby. As a mother, I think she would be horrified she had a child that came from a black market baby ring).

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2011/01/24 10:05AM
    #4   2011/01/24 12:26PM
    JoePitt

And, of course, the writers have conveniently disregarded the fact that Billy and Daniel do NOT get along. Billy thinks Daniel is an A-hole and Daniel has not liked Billy since Billy treats Kevin like dirt. All of this will blow up in Billy's face, but that will make the story interesting and once again Billy Miller's acting skills will thrill us all. It should be a good ride.

#5   2011/01/24 03:04PM
    trixie60

Quote Kerfuffles: Daniel may let things be for the time being, but the truth will of course eventually come out.

The thing is, Billy buying this baby is bigger than just "Billy and Victoria are happy with Lucy and will treat Lucy well." Daniel has to consider his other family members that have no idea that his daughter is supposedly happy and healthy. Is it worth it to leave them in the dark wondering if their grandaughter, niece, cousin, etc. is dead or suffering somewhere?

Then there is the whole issue that if Daniel doesn't say anything, he's complicity allowing people to go around buying and selling babies like chattel. Sure, Lucy found an ostensibly good home (though I really wonder what kind of family she is getting where her parents think it's okay to buy babies and lie to eachother about it), but what about the other babies PrimRose is selling? And sure, Lucy was abandoned by her psychotic mom, but where are the other babies coming from that Primrose is selling? Are they being kidnapped from their mothers like Ronan was from Nina?

There's a whole lot more at issue here than "what makes Billy and Victoria happy." (And frankly, I don't think Victoria would be that happy with the situation if she knew the huge lie her husband was telling her and how she ended up with that baby. As a mother, I think she would be horrified she had a child that came from a black market baby ring).

I agree with you and very good post. You certainly said it all. There is a lot more to this story line than Vicki and Billy's happiness. The fact that Billy bought a baby illegialy plays a huge part in this story line. And Vicki does not know the whole story behind it. I hope that they enjoy it while it lasts because I'm sure that the truth will come out. And it may not come out for a while considering the fact that story lines on this show last a long time. But I'm sure that it will.

#6   2011/01/24 03:17PM
    clicquot1

Quote Kerfuffles: Daniel may let things be for the time being, but the truth will of course eventually come out.

I hope that Primrose's baby selling operation is BUSTED wide open and by CHRISTINE, NINA, and RONAN who all were involved in her Auntie ROSE DeVILLE'S operation! Who remembers when Christine wore the fake wig and glasses and pretended to be pregnant all to bust Rose's operation? I would love to see them bust it now!

Now THAT would have this s/l coming full circle and I would flove to find out that perhaps Sharon, Phyllis, Jack, or even NICK were a baby that was bought and we NEVER knew about it!

SHARON............................................we don't know anything about her dad! Could her mom have bought a baby or kidnapped one(Sharon)as Y&R loves for generations to be tied in commonality by a similiar event!

Phyllis...........................................her mom & dad were not "happy" with her and wanted a perfect little lady with blonde hair and blue eyes! RED's mom was blonde and don't remember her dad's hair color!

Jack..............................................I could just see Dina Mergerone buying a baby to trap the rich John Abbott!

Nick..............................................LOL! NIKKI, once worked for Rose deVille could she have faked a pregnancy and purchased "my" boy? Would THAT be something if Nick was NOT a Newman by blood!

Just a thought or two!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/01/24 03:19PM
    #7   2011/01/24 07:50PM
    Kerfuffles

I doubt these characters are all Rose DeVille victims, but I find it interesting that almost all of these characters have dealt with having a child taken from them in some way or not knowing where there child was for some period of time.

If Billy was really this reformed, matured guy, you would think it might remotely dawn on him that he is buying a child and what effect that might have on that child's birth family. In fact, I think the Billy of a year ago would have put more thought into it than he is now.

When he first showed up, he initially lied about being the father of a child that was actually is. And it was cool to see him deal with that and be tortured by it and finally come to terms with it and own up to it.

But now, he's lying about being the father of somebody else's kid, and he doesn't seem to have a lick of self-awareness about it.

The writers have really failed the character of Billy Abbott with this storyline, imo.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list