List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: STRONGER Sharon? Borderline personality disorder

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

STRONGER Sharon? Borderline personality disorder

Started by Dr.Di at 2010/12/21 11:46AM
    Latest post: 2010/12/21 03:53PM, Views: 1336, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/12/21 11:46AM
    STRONGER Sharon? Borderline personality disorder
    Dr.Di

Sharon is has serious emotional/psychological problems!

She may have borderline personality disorder.

Symptoms:

A) A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation. People with borderline personality disorder may idealize lovers.
    -- Does she love Nick or Adam??? She idealizes Adam!

B) Identity disturbance, such as a significant and persistent unstable self-image or sense of self. There are sudden and dramatic shifts in self-image, characterized by shifting goals, values.
    -- Suddenly she decides she's strong and doesn't want Nick's help or protection.

C) Impulsivity that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., sex, criminal behavior)
    -- Sex with 2 men, stealing.

D) Emotional instability due to significant reactivity of mood (e.g., anxiety)
    -- Again, she is stressed and steals. Needs to run away to New Orleans b/c she can't cope.

E) Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)
    -- She lashed out at Nicki (very disrespectful since she would have NOHING without the Newman money or connection); and she fought with Phyllis at a charity event?

F) Tendency to see things in black and white. They live in a world of extremes.
    -- One minute Adam is bad, now he is good. It's a shade of gray - Sharon!

G) Borderlines are “love addicts”.
    -- She bounces from Nick, to Jack, to Adam....She CAN'T be alone.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/12/21 11:51AM
    #2   2010/12/21 11:50AM
    Re: STRONGER Sharon? Borderline personality disorder
    pr3ttygirl9

LOL...

Sharon Newman is a character... Not a real person... LMAO!

#3   2010/12/21 11:53AM
    Dr.Di

Yes funny. But do the writer's think we're morons?

#4   2010/12/21 11:54AM
    Castro

With all due respect Dr. Di...

Sharon is just suffering from plain old stupidity this time around! Did Adam set her up to think she was stealing again? If not, why is she stealing again? Is it because of the feelings she has for Adam or was it because of the feelings she had for Nick?

Is she happier feeling more confident when she's with a man that will tell her anything just so he can have her or is she happier being with a man she's loved all her life and has raised a family with?

She's conflicted. But in all seriousness, how do you choose a man over your child? An infant child that was stolen for you, a child you had to bond with. Now that child has been separated from her primary care giver 3x in a years time. H

ow sad.

#5   2010/12/21 11:56AM
    Ebybrowempoly

Quote Dr.Di: Yes funny. But do the writer's think we're morons?

YES THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE REWRITTEN THE HISTORY OF THIS SHOW THAT AT ONE TIM WAS GREAT NOW IT JUST DUMB HALF THE TIME.

#6   2010/12/21 11:59AM
    LoveandRoses

Quote Dr.Di: Sharon is has serious emotional/psychological problems!

Symptoms:

A) A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation. People with borderline personality disorder may idealize lovers.

B) Identity disturbance, such as a significant and persistent unstable self-image or sense of self. There are sudden and dramatic shifts in self-image, characterized by shifting goals, values.
    -- Suddenly she decides she's strong and doesn't want Nick's help or protection.

C) Impulsivity that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., sex, criminal behavior)

-- Again, she is stressed and steals. Needs to run away to New Orleans b/c she can't cope.

E) Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)
    -- She lashed out at Nicki (very disrespectful since she would have NOHING without the Newman money or connection); and she fought with Phyllis at a charity event?

Hahaha.......correct diagnosis Dr.!!! What makes it scarier is that these ridiculous writers think they are writing a "stronger" Sharon, LOL!

#7   2010/12/21 12:29PM
    LoveandRoses

Quote pr3ttygirl9: LOL...

Sharon Newman is a character... Not a real person... LMAO!

Yes but she is not a cartoon character...she is supposed to be based on real people and how they act, react and behave.... and shown on the reel screen.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/12/21 12:33PM
    #8   2010/12/21 12:53PM
    Gencor

I agree with Dr. Di. I would have to agree that Sharon was written like this from day one. She did not just acquire this with the new writers at all. Sharon has always been a disturbed and troubled character. The only thing that shielded her from this for years was Nick controlling her and the Newman protection that she lived under. Thier money and the fact that she was closely kept under the restrictions of a very controlled and stablized environment. I think that Victor always knew that Sharon wasn't emotional stable and that is why he always stuck by her and I also think that Doris told Victor about Sharon. Nick lived with her for so long that he got hooked into her illness and while he reacted to it by feeding the problem, he became alot like her himself. I don't even know if Nick knows who he is without caretaking this problem. They never labeled it but it was always there, looming over thier marriage like a huge dark cloud. That is why when Cassie died they fell apart. For the first time in Nick's life he was dealing with something inside himself that didn't involve taking care of Sharon. I have always said that no matter who Sharon was with, they would always end up being her caretaker. Her keeper, so to speak. While she seems stronger with Adam, she still has the tenedencies that she has always had. The biggest problem with Sharon is that she won't face herself. Most people who are sick like this don't and if they are forced to get treatment, they usually don't stick to it because they don't believe that anything is really wrong with them. They are in denial, like Sharon and like Nick. That is also why I think that they are so wrong for each other and why I believe that Sharon has a better chance of getting help if she stays with Adam. Sharon is a sick little girl who will always deny herself because she can't face the consequences of growing up to herself. She is very childlike and very helpless. She will always turn to Nick when she falters or Victor because they are hooked into her illness like she is. I don't think that she has a chance, even with raising Faith, until she gets the help and until she faces that she needs the help, she will never change.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/12/21 01:00PM
    #9   2010/12/21 01:02PM
    Resty

Symptoms:

Great description of Sharon.

#10   2010/12/21 01:15PM
    Pinchy

Quote Resty:

Symptoms:

Great description of Sharon.

Totally agree with the diagnosis but you did forget one characteristic of BPD. They tend to be attractive. No one understands why. Is it because of their selfworth, that they try and be better looking than others or is it a genetic thing? There is no conclusive evidence either way but a majority of BPD people are very good looking.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list