List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Finally something funny on Y&R

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Finally something funny on Y&R

Started by vegreen at 2007/04/18 10:59AM
    Latest post: 2007/04/19 02:56PM, Views: 455, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2007/04/18 10:59AM
    Finally something funny on Y&R
    vegreen

I got a real good laugh today when Karen Taylor tells Katherine that she (Katherine) was a role model for her when she was growing up. A role model for what? Drunkeness, sleeping around, stealing babies? And prior to that Victor told her what a great businesswoman she was. I have been watching for quite a while and as I recall Katherine's lawyers came to her house to apprise her of what was going on or to get her to sign something. She only recently started going to the office even though she has no credentials just as Nikki, Victoria and Gloria.

#2   2007/04/18 12:51PM
    Re: Finally something funny on Y&R
    golden retri...

Quote vegreen: I got a real good laugh today when Karen Taylor tells Katherine that she (Katherine) was a role model for her when she was growing up. A role model for what? Drunkeness, sleeping around, stealing babies? And prior to that Victor told her what a great businesswoman she was. I have been watching for quite a while and as I recall Katherine's lawyers came to her house to apprise her of what was going on or to get her to sign something. She only recently started going to the office even though she has no credentials just as Nikki, Victoria and Gloria.

Taylor is thinking of the Moguel'' chancerllor head'' I GUESS not the private ''Kay''

#3   2007/04/19 07:33AM
    Chrissi

I remember that and remember looking up from what I was doing thinking... "For what??" There's a blooper and a half!

#4   2007/04/19 07:39AM
    BabygirlAH

Quote Chrissi: I remember that and remember looking up from what I was doing thinking... "For what??" There's a blooper and a half!

ITA!

#5   2007/04/19 10:57AM
    vegreen

The current writers need a crash course in the past history of Y&R.

#6   2007/04/19 11:07AM
    kimyla

Sometimes the writers crack me up..

#7   2007/04/19 11:10AM
    Perriswann

Quote vegreen: The current writers need a crash course in the past history of Y&R.

Your right some of them wasn't even born when Y and R started.

#8   2007/04/19 01:11PM
    OspreyGirl

Quote vegreen: The current writers need a crash course in the past history of Y&R.

LOL..it's more like they need to go to a 3 year intensive graduate school program--which includes case study anaylsis and projects---on the history of Y&R. Seriously most of the stuff written lately can come from a junior high school creative writing class...

#9   2007/04/19 02:54PM
    Calpurnia Finch

Quote Perriswann:

Your right some of them wasn't even born when Y and R started.

LOL!! Now you know that's not an excuse. As one comedian put it, I wasn't around when Lincoln was alive but I've read books about him! Y&R started about 6 months before I was born and I can honestly say that there are storylines that I remember that I shouldn't remember. How is that even possible? Maybe my mom sat too close to the tv or something but age, or lack thereof isn't an excuse.

These writers are horrible and they seem to have no respect for the history of the show. We are not alone though, soap fans across the board are saying the same thing whether they're talking about Jean Passanate (I always get her name wrong), Dena Higley, or the newly fired Megan McTavish. Some of these writers have been with their shows for several years and they still don't know what they're doing. It's like the minute they become headwriters they forget everything that's already been done in favor of creating what they want. The only writers who have been consistant - good, bad, or otherwise - is Bill Jr over at B&B (we've been subjected to Brooke's sex merry-go-round for 20 YEARS) and James E. Reilly over at Passions (dear god in heaven they've been stuck on the same storylines and dialogue for 8 YEARS). I can respect these two because they haven't done a lot to change the history of their shows. You can always count on Brooke to hop from man to man and you can always count on Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald Crane to go on and on about fate. You have to know that theirs are the best fans in the world. They complain but they always know what to expect.

I think everyone is throwing in something that makes us stop and laugh. Just the other day on ATWT, Jack told Katie not to be so hard on herself because she had only made one mistake in her marriage. HUH?? Excuse me Jack but didn't you leave your wife because she made one mistake and you couldn't get past it? I had to rewind the tape several times over that one! It provided me a good laugh!

#10   2007/04/19 02:56PM
    CandyLane5

I love the writing lately... cant wait to see the next show.... gosh...

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list