List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: A thought Re: Sharon and Neil

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

A thought Re: Sharon and Neil

Started by quillpen at 2007/04/17 07:52AM
    Latest post: 2007/04/18 08:48AM, Views: 957, Replies: 25
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2007/04/17 08:55PM
    Re: A thought Re: Sharon and Neil
    Soulsistah

Quote heart and soul:
    Quote ILuvNY: I didn't see any that they had any physical attraction to each other...it was just Sharon helping out her best friend's husband. In my experience,when you lost someone who is close to you, it helps to be with those who loved that person....

I agree, what I saw were two friends sharing a moment of kindness for each other at the time of mourning for a wife and for a true friend. It was sad, but at the same time refreshing. Just because you share a tender caring moment between two friends you don't have to jump into the sack or have sex!

ITA.

#22   2007/04/17 09:10PM
    OspreyGirl

Quote suegerry: Sharon wants Nick and soon these two will be together...I don't think she'll ever be with Neil....Neil needs to heal and get on with his life.

Agreed, and it would be kinda sick to hook up with Dru's best friend after the 'cliff fall'...Neil would be pulling an Olivia--she slept with Brad when Ashley was going through her cancer ordeal...Taaccckkyyy!

#23   2007/04/17 09:11PM
    SueQ

;(

Quote quillpen: When I was watching Neil and Sharon a thought came to me. Keeping in mind how they always have people who have had a bad emotional happening in their life reaching out to someone. You know what I mean. you have an argument with your boyfriend, fiance, etc, and you then have sex with someone else, etc... So, I was thinking -- -- I see, perhaps, Sharon and Neil getting together. It just seems plausible for how they set up couples... Both of them are speaking abaout Dru, they are having a calm loving, understanding, empathetic conversation. They share a great loss and are reaching out to each other. How simple for it to flip over to an affair. I think it would be a good thing. Not that I necessarily want Sharon and Neil together. I never thought of it before, but I think it would be a good writing decision to make at this time.

Jack losing his fiance', that alone would make it a good maneuver. I think it would be a good thing to keep his personal/emotional life scrambled. Sharon needs to find a new love, she has recently admitted that she is not in love with him but wants to continue to marry him because she wants to be loved by someone.

Is anyone else seeing this as something doable???? If I were writing this this is the route I'd take. Anyway, I like it, even if it is my idea..... Just think of the different twists, turns, and conflicts this could incorporate into the program.

YUCK!!!!!!!!

#24   2007/04/17 09:12PM
    Soulsistah

Well, let's just hope the the writers agree. Neil and Sharon are just friends. Period.

#25   2007/04/17 09:12PM
    SueQ

Quote StaceyT:
    Quote jackspaniel: It came to mind for me also - but I don't actually think they will go that direction. I was very disappointed at how Sharon just continued to watch Neil put away drink after drink after drink and then tell him that she wanted to be a "good friend" to him. If that is true - I don't think that was a very good way to show her friendship being he is an alcoholic.

In fairness to the writers, you can not force someone with an addiction to stop. When you try it makes it worse. They have to put the "addiction" down themselves, or its to no avail. The only thing Sharon could do for him is listen and talk to him. Totally my own opinion;)

totally agree with you!!!

#26   2007/04/18 08:48AM
    shesweet

?) Yes, why is Sharon letting Neil continue to drink? She knows he was an alcoholic. A true friend would have said you come to my house, but you must stop the drinking for your own good. I have an alcoholic in my family, it is no picnic.

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list