List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: A thought Re: Sharon and Neil

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

A thought Re: Sharon and Neil

Started by quillpen at 2007/04/17 07:52AM
    Latest post: 2007/04/18 08:48AM, Views: 992, Replies: 25
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2007/04/17 12:09PM
    Re: A thought Re: Sharon and Neil
    boldbeautiful

I was thinking there's a possibility that Victoria's marriage might break up and she and Neil would pick up the pieces together. I remember that they were engaged once. I'm probably the only one thinking this, though.

#12   2007/04/17 12:14PM
    suegerry

Sharon wants Nick and soon these two will be together...I don't think she'll ever be with Neil....Neil needs to heal and get on with his life.

#13   2007/04/17 12:57PM
    ILuvNY

I didn't see any that they had any physical attraction to each other...it was just Sharon helping out her best friend's husband. In my experience,when you lose someone who is close to you, it helps to be with those who loved that person....

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2007/04/18 01:51PM
    #14   2007/04/17 01:00PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote Soulsistah:
    Quote StaceyT:
    Quote jackspaniel: It came to mind for me also - but I don't actually think they will go that direction. I was very disappointed at how Sharon just continued to watch Neil put away drink after drink after drink and then tell him that she wanted to be a "good friend" to him. If that is true - I don't think that was a very good way to show her friendship being he is an alcoholic.

In fairness to the writers, you can not force someone with an addiction to stop. When you try it makes it worse. They have to put the "addiction" down themselves, or its to no avail. The only thing Sharon could do for him is listen and talk to him. Totally my own opinion;)

I was going to say the same thing. You can't tell someone with an addiction to just "stop". It doesn't work. Even Olivia, who is a doctor, knew Neil was drinking also and knew there was nothing she could do once he had already started down that road...she just asked that he "promise" to stop - which is pretty lame; alcoholics don't just stop. In any case, I thought Sharon was being a good a friend as she could be under the circumstances.

I definitely do NOT think they should pair up Neil and Sharon - eew. While the current writers have tended to throw people in bed together whenever one or both parties are going through difficulties, I don't think that it's a good thing, and I definitely don't think it would be beneficial for either Neil or Sharon - especially Sharon (she has enough men troubles! IMO - that would be a really, really bad idea - and an insult to Dru's memory .

Eew is right! Let's not go there.

#15   2007/04/17 01:09PM
    gommie

Same exact thought came to me as I am just now watching...

#16   2007/04/17 03:53PM
    quillpen

Quote StaceyT:
    Quote jackspaniel: It came to mind for me also - but I don't actually think they will go that direction. I was very disappointed at how Sharon just continued to watch Neil put away drink after drink after drink and then tell him that she wanted to be a "good friend" to him. If that is true - I don't think that was a very good way to show her friendship being he is an alcoholic.

In fairness to the writers, you can not force someone with an addiction to stop. When you try it makes it worse. They have to put the "addiction" down themselves, or its to no avail. The only thing Sharon could do for him is listen and talk to him. Totally my own opinion;)

Actually, you are right on. There is little she can do until he is ready. I hope they have him be able to just see purpose in life beyond Dru and just stop. I really don't want to go through another bout of addiction with him. Even if for many it takes at least the second bout to tell them they really are an addict and can't have a drink under any circumstances. It's just that I don't want to watch him turn into that unkempt character he was before and close to, if not a street person. He has far too much going for him in the charisma department for that to happen. So, I'll keep watching and maybe the writers will decide to give him and us a break.

#17   2007/04/17 04:36PM
    valencia4love

I think it will probably take one or both of his kids to confront him about his drinking. That's what it took when Dru came back from Europe with trouble teen Lily. Lily took one look at her father and told him that she was disgusted with him!! He told Lily after he got clean that it was then that he realize that he had a addiction and needed to get some help. Sometimes, tough love is the only solution.

#18   2007/04/17 05:03PM
    awesome53

So did I, wouldn' that be a hoot for Brad since they dislike each other so much.
    We could write these S/L's ladies.

#19   2007/04/17 08:29PM
    heart and soul

Quote ILuvNY: I didn't see any that they had any physical attraction to each other...it was just Sharon helping out her best friend's husband. In my experience,when you lost someone who is close to you, it helps to be with those who loved that person....

I agree, what I saw were two friends sharing a moment of kindness for each other at the time of mourning for a wife and for a true friend. It was sad, but at the same time refreshing. Just because you share a tender caring moment between two friends you don't have to jump into the sack or have sex!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list