List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: A thought Re: Sharon and Neil

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

A thought Re: Sharon and Neil

Started by quillpen at 2007/04/17 07:52AM
    Latest post: 2007/04/18 08:48AM, Views: 1006, Replies: 25
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2007/04/17 07:52AM
    A thought Re: Sharon and Neil
    quillpen

When I was watching Neil and Sharon a thought came to me. Keeping in mind how they always have people who have had a bad emotional happening in their life reaching out to someone. You know what I mean. you have an argument with your boyfriend, fiance, etc, and you then have sex with someone else, etc... So, I was thinking -- -- I see, perhaps, Sharon and Neil getting together. It just seems plausible for how they set up couples... Both of them are speaking abaout Dru, they are having a calm loving, understanding, empathetic conversation. They share a great loss and are reaching out to each other. How simple for it to flip over to an affair. I think it would be a good thing. Not that I necessarily want Sharon and Neil together. I never thought of it before, but I think it would be a good writing decision to make at this time.

Jack losing his fiance', that alone would make it a good maneuver. I think it would be a good thing to keep his personal/emotional life scrambled. Sharon needs to find a new love, she has recently admitted that she is not in love with him but wants to continue to marry him because she wants to be loved by someone.

Is anyone else seeing this as something doable???? If I were writing this this is the route I'd take. Anyway, I like it, even if it is my idea..... Just think of the different twists, turns, and conflicts this could incorporate into the program.

#2   2007/04/17 07:57AM
    Re: A thought Re: Sharon and Neil
    kimyla

Quote quillpen: When I was watching Neil and Sharon a thought came to me. Keeping in mind how they always have people who have had a bad emotional happening in their life reaching out to someone. You know what I mean. you have an argument with your boyfriend, fiance, etc, and you then have sex with someone else, etc... So, I was thinking -- -- I see, perhaps, Sharon and Neil getting together. It just seems plausible for how they set up couples... Both of them are speaking abaout Dru, they are having a calm loving, understanding, empathetic conversation. They share a great loss and are reaching out to each other. How simple for it to flip over to an affair. I think it would be a good thing. Not that I necessarily want Sharon and Neil together. I never thought of it before, but I think it would be a good writing decision to make at this time.

Jack losing his fiance', that alone would make it a good maneuver. I think it would be a good thing to keep his personal/emotional life scrambled. Sharon needs to find a new love, she has recently admitted that she is not in love with him but wants to continue to marry him because she wants to be loved by someone.

Is anyone else seeing this as something doable???? If I were writing this this is the route I'd take. Anyway, I like it, even if it is my idea..... Just think of the different twists, turns, and conflicts this could incorporate into the program.

I had the same thought yesterday..

#3   2007/04/17 09:03AM
    jackspaniel

It came to mind for me also - but I don't actually think they will go that direction. I was very disappointed at how Sharon just continued to watch Neil put away drink after drink after drink and then tell him that she wanted to be a "good friend" to him. If that is true - I don't think that was a very good way to show her friendship being he is an alcoholic.

#4   2007/04/17 09:07AM
    pdames4

It seemed very plausible. It would also be very interesting given the assumption that TPTB decided to re-cast Dru a year or so from now. Very interesting indeed.

#5   2007/04/17 09:27AM
    Romance

Why does Sharon need to date Neil she has had every man in the book. Neil deserves someone who will really connect with him and help him with the loss of his wife and it's Dru's sister. She is perfect because he will have someone who will remind him of his lovely wife and will help him cope with it.

#6   2007/04/17 09:39AM
    StaceyT

Quote jackspaniel: It came to mind for me also - but I don't actually think they will go that direction. I was very disappointed at how Sharon just continued to watch Neil put away drink after drink after drink and then tell him that she wanted to be a "good friend" to him. If that is true - I don't think that was a very good way to show her friendship being he is an alcoholic.

In fairness to the writers, you can not force someone with an addiction to stop. When you try it makes it worse. They have to put the "addiction" down themselves, or its to no avail. The only thing Sharon could do for him is listen and talk to him. Totally my own opinion;)

#7   2007/04/17 09:51AM
    Snizzle

Could you imagine...Sharon and Neil together and down the line Dru returns some how

#8   2007/04/17 09:56AM
    Shawty7583

I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I was watching. But, I am thining more of maybe a fraky one night stand, or a brief affair, not a relationship,IMO.

#9   2007/04/17 10:09AM
    Soulsistah

Quote StaceyT:
    Quote jackspaniel: It came to mind for me also - but I don't actually think they will go that direction. I was very disappointed at how Sharon just continued to watch Neil put away drink after drink after drink and then tell him that she wanted to be a "good friend" to him. If that is true - I don't think that was a very good way to show her friendship being he is an alcoholic.

In fairness to the writers, you can not force someone with an addiction to stop. When you try it makes it worse. They have to put the "addiction" down themselves, or its to no avail. The only thing Sharon could do for him is listen and talk to him. Totally my own opinion;)

I was going to say the same thing. You can't tell someone with an addiction to just "stop". It doesn't work. Even Olivia, who is a doctor, knew Neil was drinking also and knew there was nothing she could do once he had already started down that road...she just asked that he "promise" to stop - which is pretty lame; alcoholics don't just stop. In any case, I thought Sharon was being a good a friend as she could be under the circumstances.

I definitely do NOT think they should pair up Neil and Sharon - eew. While the current writers have tended to throw people in bed together whenever one or both parties are going through difficulties, I don't think that it's a good thing, and I definitely don't think it would be beneficial for either Neil or Sharon - especially Sharon (she has enough men troubles! IMO - that would be a really, really bad idea - and an insult to Dru's memory .

#10   2007/04/17 10:55AM
    valencia4love

That would be kinda neat if Sharon and Neil got together, even for a little bit.. But knowing Sharon, she would probably feel guilty soon after for hooking up with her best friend's man...

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list