List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT

Started by calivy at 2007/04/16 07:09AM
    Latest post: 2007/04/19 01:47AM, Views: 2688, Replies: 77
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #41   2007/04/16 07:20PM
    Re: SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT
    Tadembay

Quote jackspaniel:
    Quote SouthernLady: plus...i don't think a 5 year old is going to understand the lustier comments..etc......even if viewed.....

Good point! And I think it is the mother's responsibility to see that the 5 year old is watching Sesame Street or whatever (that's what it was when my kids were little) instead of Y & R. The writers are not writing the show for children nor should they. Soaps are not children's programing. If a mother thinks her child should not be watching then she should shut the TV off and tape Y&R and watch it after her child is in bed.

Amen!!!!

#42   2007/04/16 08:53PM
    Soulsistah

I think it's okay for fans to lament the downward turn in the quality of the writing...I agree with that opinion. This show was a lot classier before the new writing regime. Apparently, the old adage is still true - "sex sells" and that apparently is what a lot of people want to see on soaps nowadays. My problem with this is that daytime soaps is NOT prime time and there is (or was) a distinction for a reason.

When is all is said and done, to each his own. But for those who decry the shoddy, sensationalistic sexual style of the writing for more and more storylines of late, there are many others out there who feel the same way - and are writing the show to voice that opinion and, yes, some are tuning out as well. It is what it is.

#43   2007/04/16 11:02PM
    nyaccent

Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote nyaccent: It is daytime drama....and I think children should be able to watch the soaps.... I feel the soaps should be able to be watched by all ages.... Even the sex scenes and not using protection...does teach that there are consequences to ones actions....So far in this soap, I have seen nothing that would shock a teenager.....

I totally agree with teenagers watching soaps as they do provide some valuable life lessons...but children who are predominantly home during viewing hours are 5 years of age and younger...much too young for some of these themes.

A 5 year old wouldn't even be interested in watching a soap, let alone understand it. I wasn't talking about babies watching the show...Soaps aren't geared for the 5 and under crowd. Let them watch Sesame Street or a tape when the soaps are on... OR you tape the soaps to watch at night while the babies are sleeping...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/04/16 11:04PM
    #44   2007/04/16 11:05PM
    StaceyT

I agree with you NY! Most 5 and under should be down for a nap around time for soaps

#45   2007/04/16 11:06PM
    nyaccent

Quote jackspaniel: I don't believe there is anything on the Y&R that you don't see if you watch primetime network TV.

I agree!!!!!!!!

#46   2007/04/16 11:09PM
    nyaccent

Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote jackspaniel: I don't believe there is anything on the Y&R that you don't see if you watch primetime network TV.

That's exactly the point. This is on during the time of day when young children are home who might be exposed to some of the lustier scenes in the story...not something I would want my 5 year old to see! Childen this age are usually in bed at when primetime viewing rolls around.

Then tape Y&R and watch it when your 5 year old is in bed... I know when my kids were 5 and I was watching the soaps..they didn't want any part of them... I don't know any 5 year old who would want to watch a soap...except if Mommy sat them down next to them and wanted them to watch along with her.... then the mom would be encouraging it...

#47   2007/04/16 11:11PM
    nyaccent

Quote jackspaniel:
    Quote SouthernLady: plus...i don't think a 5 year old is going to understand the lustier comments..etc......even if viewed.....

Good point! And I think it is the mother's responsibility to see that the 5 year old is watching Sesame Street or whatever (that's what it was when my kids were little) instead of Y & R. The writers are not writing the show for children nor should they. Soaps are not children's programing. If a mother thinks her child should not be watching then she should shut the TV off and tape Y&R and watch it after her child is in bed.

Lol, I always post before I get to the end of the thread...and that is exactly what I said and how I feel.. Well said.... Finally we agree on something lol...

#48   2007/04/17 06:15AM
    calivy

posters, the thing is that the show is not as classy as it use to be. they use to have really classy love scenes and it was enjoyable to watch. now the writers are aimed at the younger crowd and forgotten about the older crowd that made the show what it is today by watching for many many years. with all the attention focused on the younger crowd i do at least think thay should show the unmarried couples in a more positive light. maybe begin to show someone using or talking about a condom. bring in storylines about aids like they did a while ago. have someone on the show talk to the students at gcu. all i'm trying to say is that they should make it more positive and educational for the younger generation since that's who they seem to be targeting to watch the show.although the younger generation knows about these things i think that if they see it happening in a positive manner on tv they might see it in a better light

#49   2007/04/17 06:17AM
    calivy

posters, the thing is that the show is not as classy as it use to be. they use to have really classy love scenes and it was enjoyable to watch. now the writers are aimed at the younger crowd and forgotten about the older crowd that made the show what it is today by watching for many many years. with all the attention focused on the younger crowd i do at least think thay should show the unmarried couples in a more positive light. maybe begin to show someone using or talking about a condom. bring in storylines about aids like they did a while ago. have someo

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list