List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT

Started by calivy at 2007/04/16 07:09AM
    Latest post: 2007/04/19 01:47AM, Views: 2745, Replies: 77
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #21   2007/04/16 02:33PM
    Re: SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT
    MissHathaway

Quote KeepingItReal: Nothing on TV is real.....I think some of us are missing the point.

Ok then - I disagree - will you still love me??

#22   2007/04/16 02:38PM
    ILuvNY

Quote jackspaniel:
    Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote jackspaniel: I don't believe there is anything on the Y&R that you don't see if you watch primetime network TV.

That's exactly the point. This is on during the time of day when young children are home who might be exposed to some of the lustier scenes on the story...not something I would want my 5 year old to see! Childen this age are usually in bed at when primetime viewing rolls around.

Primetime is from 7PM-9PM. I don't know of any kids that live around us here that are in bed by 7PM especially not during the summer months.

On the east coast, primetime starts at 8:00 p.m. I thought that was true across the country.....at least, that's what I found when traveling.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/04/16 02:39PM
    #23   2007/04/16 02:38PM
    vegreen

The dialog between Jill and Mr. Kim on today's US show (Monday) was a good example of the deplorable writing that this show is currently producing.

#24   2007/04/16 02:41PM
    SouthernLady

i think if you don't like the way y/r is now...stop watching.....

i don't want the show to go back to the days of twin beds for married couples...

#25   2007/04/16 02:44PM
    jackspaniel

Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote jackspaniel:
    Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote jackspaniel: I don't believe there is anything on the Y&R that you don't see if you watch primetime network TV.

That's exactly the point. This is on during the time of day when young children are home who might be exposed to some of the lustier scenes on the story...not something I would want my 5 year old to see! Childen this age are usually in bed at when primetime viewing rolls around.

Primetime is from 7PM-9PM. I don't know of any kids that live around us here that are in bed by 7PM especially not during the summer months.

On the east coast, primetime starts at 8:00 p.m. I thought that was true across the country.....at least, that's what I found when traveling.

Well we are in the central time zone and primetime is advertised at 7PM-9PM.

#26   2007/04/16 02:48PM
    jackspaniel

Quote SouthernLady: i think if you don't like the way y/r is now...stop watching.....

i don't want the show to go back to the days of twin beds for married couples...

I totally agree. We don't want to go back to the Lucy and Ricky - I Love Lucy - days! Times change.

#27   2007/04/16 02:50PM
    SouthernLady

plus...i don't think a 5 year old is going to understand the lustier comments..etc......even if viewed.....

#28   2007/04/16 02:53PM
    jackspaniel

Quote SouthernLady: plus...i don't think a 5 year old is going to understand the lustier comments..etc......even if viewed.....

Good point! And I think it is the mother's responsibility to see that the 5 year old is watching Sesame Street or whatever (that's what it was when my kids were little) instead of Y & R. The writers are not writing the show for children nor should they. Soaps are not children's programing. If a mother thinks her child should not be watching then she should shut the TV off and tape Y&R and watch it after her child is in bed.

#29   2007/04/16 03:02PM
    emnick

I agree a soap opera should not be for small children. I hope when soaps come on the children should be in school at this time unless they are under the age of five( thye should be watching cartoons or something. All of the soaps out there conatin nothing but adultry, blackmail, who's the daddy, and murder. I am loving every minute of it though!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/04/16 03:02PM
    #30   2007/04/16 03:14PM
    jam26

Quote jackspaniel:
    Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote jackspaniel:
    Quote ILuvNY:

Well we are in the central time zone and primetime is advertised at 7PM-9PM.
    In case you are interested, prime time is 7-11pm eastern and pacific time zones, 6-10pm mountain and central time zones.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list