List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT

Started by calivy at 2007/04/16 07:09AM
    Latest post: 2007/04/19 01:47AM, Views: 2379, Replies: 77
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #11   2007/04/16 02:09PM
    Re: SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT
    MissHathaway

Quote pussykat: There is a button on the channel selector that says...change channel! This is a soap opera....should young children be watching it in the first place? It's not real!

Totally agree - If I want to watch someone do laundry, grocery shop and sleep with the same person for 20 years I'll live in reality thank you very much

#12   2007/04/16 02:11PM
    KeepingItReal

Nothing on TV is real.....I think some of us are missing the point.

#13   2007/04/16 02:13PM
    suegerry

It's also very sad to know that so many teenagers are watching this type of tv show....and that they choose that rather than having a healthy lifestyle, like being outdoors and participating in sports or art.

#14   2007/04/16 02:15PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote suegerry: It's also very sad to know that so many teenagers are watching this type of tv show....and that they choose that rather than having a healthy lifestyle, like being outdoors and participating in sports or art.

Good point!!

#15   2007/04/16 02:16PM
    ILuvNY

Quote KeepingItReal: Nothing on TV is real.....I think some of us are missing the point.

You know that and I know that, but if you read some of the postings on this board, it seems that some people think this is real!!!
    However, the point about how the story lines and plot focus have changed on this soap is very real. It is very easy to change the channel...but when one has been watching since 1973, it's easy to become totally engrossed in the characters!

#16   2007/04/16 02:17PM
    jackspaniel

I don't believe there is anything on the Y&R that you don't see if you watch primetime network TV.

#17   2007/04/16 02:21PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote KeepingItReal: Nothing on TV is real.....I think some of us are missing the point.

You know that and I know that, but if you read some of the postings on this board, it seems that some people think this is real!!!
    However, the point about how the story lines and plot focus have changed on this soap is very real. It is very easy to change the channel...but when one has been watching since 1973, it's easy to become totally engrossed in the characters!

I agree with you. I've been watching on a off for quiet a while and love the fact that they like to touch on real life issues.

What disturbing is all the smut going on and calling it love.....like come on. Where's the pursuit, the climax, etc.

The s/l are so lame at times.

#18   2007/04/16 02:25PM
    ILuvNY

Quote jackspaniel: I don't believe there is anything on the Y&R that you don't see if you watch primetime network TV.

That's exactly the point. This is on during the time of day when young children are home who might be exposed to some of the lustier scenes in the story...not something I would want my 5 year old to see! Childen this age are usually in bed at when primetime viewing rolls around.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/04/16 02:29PM
    #19   2007/04/16 02:26PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote jackspaniel: I don't believe there is anything on the Y&R that you don't see if you watch primetime network TV.

That's exactly the point. This is on during the time of day when young children are home who might be exposed to some of the lustier scenes on the story...not something I would want my 5 year old to see! Childen this age are usually in bed at when primetime viewing rolls around.

Good point.....Even I was sort of off point.

#20   2007/04/16 02:30PM
    jackspaniel

Quote ILuvNY:

That's exactly the point. This is on during the time of day when young children are home who might be exposed to some of the lustier scenes on the story...not something I would want my 5 year old to see! Childen this age are usually in bed at when primetime viewing rolls around.

Primetime is from 7PM-9PM. I don't know of any kids that live around us here that are in bed by 7PM especially not during the summer months.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list