List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Thoughts on Dru's return......(spoilers could be present!?)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Thoughts on Dru's return......(spoilers could be present!?)

Started by SharringSucks at 2007/04/15 06:40AM
    Latest post: 2007/04/18 12:46PM, Views: 992, Replies: 18
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2007/04/15 06:12PM
    Re: Thoughts on Dru's return......(spoilers could be present!?)
    mommy of seven

They could re-cast her until she comes back and then fire her like they did the old Lily.

#12   2007/04/17 09:23PM
    OspreyGirl

Quote mommy of seven: They could re-cast her until she comes back and then fire her like they did the old Lily.

OH! I hope not that would be cold blooded...but then again...man, I miss VR! The show's boring and corny factor has risen a 1000%!

#13   2007/04/17 09:29PM
    Soulsistah

Quote OspreyGirl:
    Quote mommy of seven: They could re-cast her until she comes back and then fire her like they did the old Lily.

OH! I hope not that would be cold blooded...but then again...man, I miss VR! The show's boring and corny factor has risen a 1000%!

My sentiments exactly! VR is irreplaceable, IMHO. I don't want to see anyone else embarassing themselves by trying to play Drucilla. Sorry, but they best forget that idea for a long time to come. Drucilla Winters, I dare say, was one of the most unique characters to ever grace day time T.V. Speaking for myself, it is a loss that won't soon be forgotton. I honestly don't see VR wanting to come back until things change...may never happen.

#14   2007/04/17 09:33PM
    OspreyGirl

Quote Soulsistah:
    Quote OspreyGirl:

My sentiments exactly! VR is irreplaceable, IMHO. I don't want to see anyone else embarassing themselves by trying to play Drucilla. Sorry, but they best forget that idea for a long time to come. Drucilla Winters, I dare say, was one of the most unique characters to ever grace day time T.V. Speaking for myself, it is a loss that won't soon be forgotton. I honestly don't see VR wanting to come back until things change...may never happen.

For real though...VR will probably not be back with the bunch in charge right now...it's a pity...I've heard so many women of color talk about Dru like they lost 'their best girlfriend' and that's major...this whole thing sucks!

#15   2007/04/17 09:48PM
    Soulsistah

Quote OspreyGirl:
    Quote Soulsistah:
    Quote OspreyGirl:

For real though...VR will probably not be back with the bunch in charge right now...it's a pity...I've heard so many women of color talk about Dru like they lost 'their best girlfriend' and that's major...this whole thing sucks!

Sucks BIG...I'm on life support right now re this show...only hope is to see good triumph over evil and have Sharon, Nick and Noah get back together...

#16   2007/04/18 08:43AM
    shesweet

I hope Drucilla returns sharp dresser as ever.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2007/04/19 04:19PM
    #17   2007/04/18 03:00PM
    jackspaniel

I have only watched two soaps through the years but if Y&R follows what the soaps usually do - they will recast Dru in about a year or so - just as Neil has fallen in love with someone else and is about to marry her. She will come back following a bout with amenisa or some such thing! That is usually the case.

#18   2007/04/18 11:55AM
    golden retri...

Quote jackspaniel: I have only watched two soaps through the years but if Y&R follows what the soaps usually do - they will recast Dru in about a year or so - just as Neil has fallen in love with someone else and is about to marry her. She will come back following a bout with amenisa or some such thing! That is usually the case.

Please don't get me wrong on this 'ok' but as victoria chose to leave and persue other things in her life which she should if given the chance''if the writers decide to bring her back they may have to recast the part.Myself it would be hard to imagine anyone else in the part'' but it could be done, only if they give it a good amount of time for the veiwers to get used to her being gone. That would be easier to see another actress in the part. there are a lot of women in the field who could play a convincing Dru'. what do you all think'

#19   2007/04/18 12:46PM
    phick4ever

Recasting is part of soaps...on Y & R the ony ones I can see as safe from the recasting couch are Katherine, Victor and Nikki....everyone else has been recast or could be???

The only Abbott that has never been recast is Traci, we lived thru different Jill's, different Phyllis's, different Sharon's, differet Nick's, differnt Vicki's, different Colleen's, different Lily's, different Mac's even different Zapato's. We may not like it but anybody can and will be replaced or recast...just like in real life.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list